• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Possible Mods for the CLA200?

xtrocious

Hi guys

What are some of the possible mods (poison) for the CLA200?

I saw there is a chip upgrade in the US CLA forum - decent 20% increase across the board - doable for us? Hahah

Someone also suggested changing the suspension - any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

PS - not a new member but my old account was deleted (probably cos I didn't log in for quite some time)

Guess these mods should be available very soon through our sponsors. .. bodykit might take some time. ..but TRD should be available now...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

• 2 weeks later...

Got the piggy for my c180, from Mcwell. should be the same for the CLA as it is meant for 1.6L turbo. no complains, personally find the car runs smoother now under decent driving,. The extra power kicks in at 3500rpm, comes in very fast, so be warned. 

• Like 1

Hi all, I'm also not too impressed with the 1.6CGI after the test drive. Considering the fact that my 1.4TSI Scirocco gives me much better pull despite the similar performance figures. Scirocco 1.4TSI 160HP 240NM vs CLA 200 156HP 240NM. I believe the 7G-Tronic shifts slower hence the transmission loss. I'm pretty new to C&C. Does ECU tuning voids warranty like VCS? If it doesn't void I'll definitely go for a custom tune to pump up the performance.

Regarding the the suspension, I believe our CLAs are spec'ed with Sports suspension. Not sure about the stock camber angle. Any ideas? Didn't get to test the cornering during test drive as the SE was pretty scared when i floored the accelerator. Lol.

I hear too that it doesn't cost a bomb... anyone here know of the pricing, or better still - have already done it?

I know a custom tuner who specializes in Continentals. I believe he charges between the range of 1-1.5k. Pretty reasonable. I haven't been reading much on Merc yet but i believe he does the custom tune on a piggy back instead of traditional ECU direct tune for Mercs. Correct me if i'm wrong. Pretty new to the Merc scene.

I know a custom tuner who specializes in Continentals. I believe he charges between the range of 1-1.5k. Pretty reasonable. I haven't been reading much on Merc yet but i believe he does the custom tune on a piggy back instead of traditional ECU direct tune for Mercs. Correct me if i'm wrong. Pretty new to the Merc scene.

Thanks bro... am sure if you can find out more, there will definitely be more bros here keen.  Perhaps a group buy?

Hi all, I'm also not too impressed with the 1.6CGI after the test drive. Considering the fact that my 1.4TSI Scirocco gives me much better pull despite the similar performance figures. Scirocco 1.4TSI 160HP 240NM vs CLA 200 156HP 240NM. I believe the 7G-Tronic shifts slower hence the transmission loss. I'm pretty new to C&C. Does ECU tuning voids warranty like VCS? If it doesn't void I'll definitely go for a custom tune to pump up the performance.

Regarding the the suspension, I believe our CLAs are spec'ed with Sports suspension. Not sure about the stock camber angle. Any ideas? Didn't get to test the cornering during test drive as the SE was pretty scared when i floored the accelerator. Lol.

Car weight also plays a part?

Think the gears change up too fast :(

Also there is a jitter when I come to a stop where the gears drop to 2nd :/

I went for test drive and feel the drive not as smooth as current ride.

Could it be due to the sport suspension or FWD?

Itchy to change car but the down payment and trade in price.... >.<

What's your current ride? Hahah

Definitely not as smooth as my C200 - quite rough and the gear changes (especially the downshift when rolling to a stop) are quite abrupt

But very chio - some compromise is needed bah...hahah

What's your current ride? Hahah

Definitely not as smooth as my C200 - quite rough and the gear changes (especially the downshift when rolling to a stop) are quite abrupt

But very chio - some compromise is needed bah...hahah

C180. Ha. so confirm same feel for c class drivers

The price for CLA vs C180 is less than $3k.

Agree the design of CLA is chio. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

yes this 1.... hope CnC will bring in next else else troublesome to ship in