• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Servicing alternatives

Jiannshan

at 30km, it seems a little early.

imo there is no hard and fast rule on when one should change the brake pad.....it also depends largely on the driver driving style, excessive braking will lead to higher wear and tear.

and there is sensors to prompt you to change when it is time to do so.

i only changed it when the sensor prompted me to and when i felt that the braking is not as reactive as before..lol

Mine at 56k mileage (car only 1yr 19mths) n still hv 30% left on the pads..... This means I what kind of driver ?

• 8 months later...

Ok never mind I'll answer my own question then.

Brought car in today around 330pm and was initially requested to come back tomorrow morning but Jason later informed me one car is leaving so can wait awhile.

90K servicing completed around 545pm so was happy with their efficiency.

Cost me 450$. Oil / filter change. Air cleaner. Aircon filter. Brake fluid. Labour cost. Very happy.

First time here, highly recommended.

• Like 1

Is ex in my opinion have u try checking with our site sponsor like Top93??

Not sure if anyone been to Carewell Auto at Sin Ming... their quotes seems more reasonable as compared to Chip Soon...

With reference to my earlier post...without airfilter and aircon filter replacements...Chip Soon quoted $950 excluding tax.

Whereas Carewell quoted $800 excluding tax.

Any comments by bro who had been there before?

• 3 months later...