• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Servicing alternatives

Jiannshan

I dunno why im quoted 2300 too. He was telling me that that is the estimated price for a major service.

As for the 900, its just the front n back brake pads only.

I feel like im being ripped apart repeatedly. Haha

They need 2 days to complete the service.

Just did my 80k service at one of my trusted workshop in Paya Lebar, spend around $1.3k, consider a real major service.

Changed to Kennol engine oil (engine flush), oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, clean entire aircon system/flushing, power steering fluid, ATF fluids/filter/gasket, axle oil (at the rear), brake fluid (with flushing), coolant (with flushing), clean air intake body (throttle).

Is it reasonable? :startle:

Just did my 80k service at one of my trusted workshop in Paya Lebar, spend around $1.3k, consider a real major service.

Changed to Kennol engine oil (engine flush), oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, clean entire aircon system/flushing, power steering fluid, ATF fluids/filter/gasket, axle oil (at the rear), brake fluid (with flushing), coolant (with flushing), clean air intake body (throttle).

Is it reasonable? :startle:

It's very good price bro. I just did my 60k km service B+ where I bought all oils & parts for almost $1k & paid labour of $450. Didn't they advise u to change engine & GB mounts?

post-178-0-55618900-1385909841_thumb.jpg

It's very good price bro. I just did my 60k km service B+ where I bought all oils & parts for almost $1k & paid labour of $450. Didn't they advise u to change engine & GB mounts?

Hi Bro,

Care to advise what are the parts you need to change/bought for the 60K servicing? Will be going for mine in a month time.

Thanks.

For 60k km...as recommended in the C&C menu:

1) Engine oil

2) Brake fluid

3) Coolant

4) Transmission oil, gasket & filter

5) Air filter

6) Aircon filter

7) Fuel filter

8) Spark plugs

IMO, if your car does not use a lot of M'sia petrol, you can skip the fuel filter part. It's rather expensive...$350. Can stretch the change to 100k km.

Engine & GB mounts are optional at this stage...but I seriously recommend that you change them to get the quiet ride like new car.

• Like 1

They didn't advice me for engine mounts, what is GB mounts? Actually I don't even know what to change at 80k intervals, if any bros can share.

Fuel filter or fuel pump?

Fuel pump cost 350-550 depends on models

fuel filter only 100+

GB mount is gearbox mount

For 60k km...as recommended in the C&C menu:

1) Engine oil

2) Brake fluid

3) Coolant

4) Transmission oil, gasket & filter

5) Air filter

6) Aircon filter

7) Fuel filter

8) Spark plugs

IMO, if your car does not use a lot of M'sia petrol, you can skip the fuel filter part. It's rather expensive...$350. Can stretch the change to 100k km.

Engine & GB mounts are optional at this stage...but I seriously recommend that you change them to get the quiet ride like new car.

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Seen for the S class one cos I watch them do the thing.

Not so sure about the C class.....soon i will know

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

West not too sure but north I have

Any workshop in the west side to recommend for our merc? Chip soon just too far for me since working in west. 60000km liao. Thanks.

you can go to our site sponsors.... MBM and BCC automotive are sited in the west..... And should provide the necessary services needed.....

Any workshop in the west side to recommend for our merc? Chip soon just too far for me since working in west. 60000km liao. Thanks.

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Just to update. Thanks to AB for his rec, I did my 60000km Svc at BCC plus a change in battery Bosch one and total bill about 920. Usual stuff changed:
EO - ows brand
Oil filter
Trans oil + filter
Air filter
Aircon filter
Spark plugs - Bosch iridium
Battery additional $170
+25 point checks with wash and vacuum.

Not bad. They will reset the Svc indicator. So for owners in west side this is good place.

Jtang,

I plan to purchase own parts and change the Engine & GB mounts outside soon. Please advise many Engines mounts to purchase for C Class W204. From the picture you posted, i guess Two Engine Mounts and One Gear Box Mount?   How much it cost approximately for the mountings? Thanks

Jtang,

I plan to purchase own parts and change the Engine & GB mounts outside soon. Please advise many Engines mounts to purchase for C Class W204. From the picture you posted, i guess Two Engine Mounts and One Gear Box Mount?   How much it cost approximately for the mountings? Thanks

U r right about 2 engine mounts & 1 GB mount. Price wise....I'll need to chk the receipt when I return from my vacation next week. Alternatively, give Goldenlink a call to chk on price.

• 2 weeks later...