• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Servicing alternatives

Jiannshan

Either u bang the table & specially requested them to deliever within a day or u know any friend inside to help you if not is near impossible to get it done within a day. Maybe you can share how you manage to get it done? :)

You're right, you need connections.

• Like 1

Need connections juz to service a car??....... :bow:

Ya. It's ridiculous. Car servicing even the major ones are at max 1 day. Normal servicing less then half a day should be ready.

Need connections juz to service a car??....... :bow: 

Look for 豪哥!!

• 1 month later...

my car is coming to 60k soon and have booked cnc servicing for peace of mind.  They cost more, but they do all the checks and inform you of what needs to be changed.  Then you can decide to change those parts at outside workshop. 

my car is coming to 60k soon and have booked cnc servicing for peace of mind. They cost more, but they do all the checks and inform you of what needs to be changed. Then you can decide to change those parts at outside workshop.

Bro,

Did they tell u 2 days downtime?

• 1 month later...

Did my 105k servicing with chip soon. My fourth visit with them. Changed engine mount and alternater pulley. Once again great service and experience with them. Jason went out of his way to send car back to me at my practice in United Square. Kudos!!!

Finished my 60k servicing with CnC.  Cost $1878 and 2 days downtime.   I upgraded oil package to Mobil 1 and paid the extra.  changed oil, atf, spark plugs, coolant, brake fluid, all filters in car, and all the electronic checks.  Car runs very smoothly now.  Have peace of mind as my car is Nov 07 W204.

Finished my 60k servicing with CnC.  Cost $1878 and 2 days downtime.   I upgraded oil package to Mobil 1 and paid the extra.  changed oil, atf, spark plugs, coolant, brake fluid, all filters in car, and all the electronic checks.  Car runs very smoothly now.  Have peace of mind as my car is Nov 07 W204.

Bro, got change brake disc n pads?

• 2 weeks later...

Did my 105k servicing with chip soon. My fourth visit with them. Changed engine mount and alternater pulley. Once again great service and experience with them. Jason went out of his way to send car back to me at my practice in United Square. Kudos!!!

will Chip Soon be able to clear the Service Message in the speedo? 

Here's a tip for those keen to save some dough, was quoted SGD$55 for the paper air filter to be changed. I ended up doing a bit of research and bought the K&N equivalent for USD$44 (around SGD$57) from Amazon and lumped it together with my books for free delivery to SG. Not bad considering it should last the lifetime of the car with a filter servicing ($10 or so) each time you send your car into the workshop.

Here's a tip for those keen to save some dough, was quoted SGD$55 for the paper air filter to be changed. I ended up doing a bit of research and bought the K&N equivalent for USD$44 (around SGD$57) from Amazon and lumped it together with my books for free delivery to SG. Not bad considering it should last the lifetime of the car with a filter servicing ($10 or so) each time you send your car into the workshop.

Bro if the k&n filter not taken care properly. The oil in the filter will bring problem to your airflow sensor.

• Like 1

Bro if the k&n filter not taken care properly. The oil in the filter will bring problem to your airflow sensor.

Yup, totally agree. Wanted to remove the earlier post after read from the other Benz forums that it would screw up the MAF sensor, so perhaps sticking to OEM is the best thing to do.

Thks guys for your replies. I went to cnc a few days ago to do my tyre rotation when i asked the staff for an estimated cost for a 60k service. He quoted me 2300 plus 900 for change of brake pads.

I thot I was quoted $1.8k few mths ago. $900 for brake pads or include brake disc?

For outiside include brake pads n disc and using ATE low dust pads.