• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Servicing alternatives

Jiannshan

• 2 weeks later...

just did my 45km servicing at c&c alexandra. 

was told to change my brake pad - will set me back about $1k.

am wondering if you guys wait till the 3 yrs warranty expired before going to alternative service centre ?

thanks.

Same here. Told to change front pad and disc, quoted $1.1k in c&c after my 45km servicing. Bought the parts from Goldenlink and change in outside workshop. Total less than $400.

U r right about 2 engine mounts & 1 GB mount. Price wise....I'll need to chk the receipt when I return from my vacation next week. Alternatively, give Goldenlink a call to chk on price.

My last servicing 70k was done at autospritze. Usual oil Mobil 1 /filters change plus rear brake pad, engine mount and gear mount change. Iirc bill was about $1.1k.

U may call to to check pricing.

• 1 month later...

Dear all, 

just an update on this thread that i had started. 

i followed a bro's recommendation here and went to Chip Soon Auto at Tampines for my 60k servicing and change of brake pads. 

Below are the changes that i had made.

engine oil

air filter

aircon cabin filter

spark plugs

brake fluid

coolant

transmission fluid

transmission filter

transmission gasket

transmission plug

front and back brake pads

front brake disc 

In total , i paid $1550 and it was all done within 3 hours. Service was very good and impressive. 

Will definitely go back there again for my subsequent servicings.

• 3 weeks later...

Just did 120k servicing for c200k at autospritze

Engine oil

Spark plug

Air filter

Air con filter

Engine flush

ATF oil

Coolant

Brake fluid

Air con flush

ATF gasket

ATF switch

ATF filter

1336 with gst

Recommended to change

Advance gear x2

Advance gear wire

Exhaust sensorx2

Engine wire harness

Fan belt

Fan belt tension idle pulley

Breather hose

Sweat..... Make me wanna change car....any advice bro.....

Engine oil

Spark plug

Air filter

Air con filter

Engine flush

ATF oil

Coolant

Brake fluid

Air con flush

ATF gasket

ATF switch

ATF filter

1336 with gst

Recommended to change

Advance gear x2

Advance gear wire

Exhaust sensorx2

Engine wire harness

Fan belt

Breather hose

120k is consider major servicing.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Engine oil

Spark plug

Air filter

Air con filter

Engine flush

ATF oil

Coolant

Brake fluid

Air con flush

ATF gasket

ATF switch

ATF filter

1336 with gst

Recommended to change

Advance gear x2

Advance gear wire

Exhaust sensorx2

Engine wire harness

Fan belt

Breather hose

How long was the servicing? Some say it will be at the service bay for 3 day..?

Should have just gone down to Min Ghee and bought all the supplies then go to any workshop for the labour, prob less then 1/2 the cost.

My W204 I bought the ATF gasket ATF switch ATF filter ATF oil Air con filter $188. MBM quoted me $65 for labour to drop the transmission pan and flush the gearbox.

Serviced my bmw e60 paid $105 for mobile 1 oil from mxtrading  7L needed , $9 for oil filter(stockist )and $30 for labour at racing technic. 

Airfilter i'm using a K&N lifetime filter for the past 4 cars NO issues so far, more then paid for itself over the length of each car.

All I can say is it pays to go to the stockist to buy parts and go to a workshop and do it all up.

What the heck is all this for ?

Advance gear x2
Advance gear wire
Exhaust sensorx2
Engine wire harness
Fan belt
Breather hose

Used to go golden link to get parts. But these days I've no time.... So I guess just gotta pay more bah. Those suggested to change are related to some oil leak at ecu?

Took 1 day to do all these; excluding those suggested components.

Will prob wait and see. Next servicing. Back to chip soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Just changed my front & rear brake discs and rotors at AutoSpritze today at 35k mileage.

Good price & service from them. I drove in without any appointment and got my car within 2 hours.

Total damage: $1.3k+

Will likely go back to them for servicing again! :)

Just changed my front & rear brake discs and rotors at AutoSpritze today at 35k mileage.

Good price & service from them. I drove in without any appointment and got my car within 2 hours.

Changed rotors (both Frt & rear) at 35k km? That's very unusual.

Changed rotors (both RFT & rear) at 35k km? That's very unusual.

They inspected the car visually and mentioned that the rear brake pads and discs are also wearing out.

Asked me if I want to change both front & rear together. So I said ok..

Typically how long can the rear pads & discs last before a change is required?

• Like 1

Typically....the ratio of pads:rotors change is 2:1. The pads usual life span is 30k km. Thus rotors shd be about 60k km. Unless u drive like a F1 driver or a rally driver....it may have been unnecessary.

Typically....the ratio of pads:rotors change is 2:1. The pads usual life span is 30k km. Thus rotors shd be about 60k km. Unless u drive like a F1 driver or a rally driver....it may have been unnecessary.

I'm quite a slow driver though a lot of city driving.. start stop start stop type..

Not sure if this will contribute to early wear & tear?

• 3 weeks later...

Just did my 60K servicing 2 months back and coast about 2K with a the listed crab.  2 months later "check brake" indicator flash.  Just change 2 front rotor and 2 front brake pad at 900+.  I will look for an alternative workshop after warranty.  Any good suggestion?  Please.

Service man say cheaper to do outside.  I ask will in void warranty?  He smile.  Most time I know if car under warranty and you do anything outside during these period they will void the warranty.

Bros,

for 30K servicing what needs to be looked into and changed (if necessary):

brake pads

brake rotos

barak dics

sensor (?)

fan belt?

Aircon belt?

water pump

oil filter

air filter

Please advice more or delete if incorrect...Thanks

for 30K servicing what needs to be looked into and changed (if necessary):

brake pads - Check only

brake rotos - Check only

barak dics <<---- No clue what this is but im assuming Check only

sensor (?) - Dunno what sensors you thinking of changing here but sensors should not be changed unless they go bad

fan belt? - Check only

Aircon belt? - Check only

water pump - Dunno why you would want to replace this

oil filter - Yes replace EVERY TIME you service the car

air filter - Check and blow air to clear loose dirt

Pls replace Check only with REPLACE if you have loads of $$ to spare every 30K kms. Some times looking through your owners manual/servicing booklet would help yourself know whats going on instead of asking random forummers who may or may not have the same model/make/YOM car as you and give you funky advise. 

Besides your car is only 30K kms throw to C&C let them take care of it for you should still be under warranty ! 

Goodness they had better have a really good reason for changing front and rear pads & disc at 30K kms personally I would'nt go back to them as that sounds like they are telling you to change unnecessary things. Did you ask for your old pads and disc to check for excessive wear ?  

BTW I changed front and rear pads plus disc plus brake fluid flush plus sensors for around $850+ parts picked up from Min Ghee bring to workshop and let them install this was at 70K kms.

• Like 1

Goodness they had better have a really good reason for changing front and rear pads & disc at 30K kms personally I would'nt go back to them as that sounds like they are telling you to change unnecessary things. Did you ask for your old pads and disc to check for excessive wear ?  

BTW I changed front and rear pads plus disc plus brake fluid flush plus sensors for around $850+ parts picked up from Min Ghee bring to workshop and let them install this was at 70K kms.

No I didn't ask to see the old pads & rotors..

Hmm.. I was still thinking of going back to him for my 60k servicing!

I guess should reconsider..

• 3 weeks later...

They inspected the car visually and mentioned that the rear brake pads and discs are also wearing out.

Asked me if I want to change both front & rear together. So I said ok..

Typically how long can the rear pads & discs last before a change is required?

i changed mine at about 50k. at cnc, cost me about 1.3k too.

at 30km, it seems a little early.

imo there is no hard and fast rule on when one should change the brake pad.....it also depends largely on the driver driving style, excessive braking will lead to higher wear and tear.

and there is sensors to prompt you to change when it is time to do so.

i only changed it when the sensor prompted me to and when i felt that the braking is not as reactive as before..lol