• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Interest check - run to Genting

Paladin thanks for starting this thread! im interested!!!

My concern is parking.. worry car lost.. who knows about the parking there?

i remember there is an area where u can park in front of the hotel.. pay a per entry something like that..

i will suggest Sat morning leave SG, Sun noon time drive back from Genting.

Ample parking lots and no issue of car being stolen. Is hard to tell the real thing from replica!! Thanks to the site sponsor lah. Can park under the basement of the hotel. If worries, then take turns to watch the car? 8 hrs shift? :)

Paladin thanks for starting this thread! im interested!!!

My concern is parking.. worry car lost.. who knows about the parking there?

i remember there is an area where u can park in front of the hotel.. pay a per entry something like that..

i will suggest Sat morning leave SG, Sun noon time drive back from Genting.

Support!!!!! I itching to go but have not drove there for ages. So cant comment about security and parking. Perhaps other bros can comment?

Anyway, can think about it after your run on 8 June : )

For Mercedes no one in the right mind will steal one....

1.No way to start engine even with immobilizer

2. Even if they jack the car no way to replace the locks since Germany side requires the log card and purchaser id.

3. It takes 1hour to open door of a MB where i take 5min for a jap car.

Too time consuming and risky

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

let mi knw when go... i just drove up last sat nite. 11pm depart, 2.45+am reach.. then eat eat, hit the tables a while, depart the tables at 3.40am, start drving back.. reach sg 7.30am. shag. lol

slp all the way till 3pm. wake up, i see time... siao liao... brabus almost over.. lol. msg nic, bo reply, i think pang kang liao brabus.. haha.

• Like 1

let mi knw when go... i just drove up last sat nite. 11pm depart, 2.15+am reach.. then eat eat, hit the tables a while, depart the tables at 3.40am, start drving back.. reach sg 7.30am. shag. lol

slp all the way till 3pm. wake up, i see time... siao liao... brabus almost over.. lol. msg nic, bo reply, i think pang kang liao brabus.. haha.

Wow 2 hrs 15 mins reach Genting!! Faster W204 in sg!! Pei fu pei fu.

actually.. 11 start is start frm across 2nd link 1st petrol station esso.. loooot until turbo give way.... aft about 200km.. so stop rd side, tune dwn monster, to match octane. lol

Wow 2 hrs 15 mins reach Genting!! Faster W204 in sg!! Pei fu pei fu.

let mi knw when go... i just drove up last sat nite. 11pm depart, 2.15+am reach.. then eat eat, hit the tables a while, depart the tables at 3.40am, start drving back.. reach sg 7.30am. shag. lol

Wah.. ni yin liao lou..I old man, cannot take this kind of stress leh..

actually.. 11 start is start frm across 2nd link 1st petrol station esso.. loooot until turbo give way.... aft about 200km.. so stop rd side, tune dwn monster, to match octane. lol

Sibei fast liao bro!! Salute!!!

let mi knw when go... i just drove up last sat nite. 11pm depart, 2.45+am reach.. then eat eat, hit the tables a while, depart the tables at 3.40am, start drving back.. reach sg 7.30am. shag. lol

For Mercedes no one in the right mind will steal one....

1.No way to start engine even with immobilizer

2. Even if they jack the car no way to replace the locks since Germany side requires the log card and purchaser id.

3. It takes 1hour to open door of a MB where i take 5min for a jap car.

Too time consuming and risky

No car will be safe if your ride is being targetted by the pro car thieves. Yes, conti car might take them a little longer to prick perhaps but still not a major problem for them. immobilizer can possible to be bypassed. Other possible way is to tow the whole car away and ready to be cannibalised!

At least use a steering lock and hope they'll change their mind and target the next car. This is what i would use every time travelling up north. Kiasu is best policy haha..

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Support!!!!! I itching to go but have not drove there for ages. So cant comment about security and parking. Perhaps other bros can comment?

Anyway, can think about it after your run on 8 June : )

You can use the valet parking from First World hotel. They will park your car at the hotel basement, pretty safe. 2 nights cost less than RM 30 nia. Not sure price has changed. Much safer than parking outside open space lots.

There was once my friend's car boot cannot lock due to an accident just a day before the trip, the valet was very good and allowed him to park his car directly in front of the hotel lobby next to the valet counter throughout the stay. Good service sia!

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Sry... Typo. 2.45+

Good timing!! Coz going uphill takes abt 45 mins for me. Taxi driver in genting can do it in 20 mins or less, my kl fren say one.

==Checklist==

-Hotel Reservation

-RM

-walkie talkie tuned to SGmerc frequency

-Passport

-Pre Trip inspection for car.(Tyre, Tyre pressure, brake,brake pad, gear ect.)

Date: TBC
Time: TBC

All welcome to join!

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

haha....

Well came to know of car thieves from some place *Secret*

they told me modern MB and BMW they will avoid stealing as its very hard.

The immobilizer will request for a 6 digit pin to start the car when they plug it in and the 6 digit pin is on the log card itself or on the key.

Even by picking the lock MB can pick the front door only not the boot but BMW is worst not able to pick the lock at all.

So In order to get the car they have to jack in...Yes Tow It away. so turn ur steering wheel and lock it to either side and it will be hard for them to tow it out.

No car will be safe if your ride is being targetted by the pro car thieves. Yes, conti car might take them a little longer to prick perhaps but still not a major problem for them. immobilizer can possible to be bypassed. Other possible way is to tow the whole car away and ready to be cannibalised!

At least use a steering lock and hope they'll change their mind and target the next car. This is what i would use every time travelling up north. Kiasu is best policy haha..

haha....

Well came to know of car thieves from some place *Secret*

they told me modern MB and BMW they will avoid stealing as its very hard.

The immobilizer will request for a 6 digit pin to start the car when they plug it in and the 6 digit pin is on the log card itself or on the key.

Even by picking the lock MB can pick the front door only not the boot but BMW is worst not able to pick the lock at all.

So In order to get the car they have to jack in...Yes Tow It away. so turn ur steering wheel and lock it to either side and it will be hard for them to tow it out.

Yes, one way is to park head in first, steering fully turned, engage to "P" and add a steering lock. Hope these can deter them from targeting. One may consider installing a GPS car tracking device so chances of recovering the ride is higher.

ya head 1st, full lock.. i always do that. regardless mb or nt. hahaha only applicable in boleh land. haha

Yes, one way is to park head in first, steering fully turned, engage to "P" and add a steering lock. Hope these can deter them from targeting. One may consider installing a GPS car tracking device so chances of recovering the ride is higher.