• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Interest check - run to Genting

Anyone interested to do a day run to genting with a one night stay-over? We book our own room at the same hotel and then free and easy up there. No fuss. Just run, rest and come back. Just checking interest first ok? Nothing confirmed but I am very interested myself.

Anyone interested to do a day run to genting with a one night stay-over? We book our own room at the same hotel and then free and easy up there. No fuss. Just run, rest and come back. Just checking interest first ok? Nothing confirmed but I am very interested myself.

good idea ! im fine with it but need see which date.. how bout wee morning reach and next day wee midnight back.. so we can stay there longer for boss chris to gamble. ahahaha!! but dun drive so fast like that day u drive on aye to ecp k :P

good idea ! im fine with it but need see which date.. how bout wee morning reach and next day wee midnight back.. so we can stay there longer for boss chris to gamble. ahahaha!! but dun drive so fast like that day u drive on aye to ecp k :P

You withhold information leh.. you overtake me after the shears bridge and I cannot see you after that leh...

Iet's see who interested first then fix a date... I good with any timing so long as we get enough rest and dont go up/down genting at night.... safety first....

• Like 1

Good Idea lets go on the speed we were going on F1 track that day

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

You withhold information leh.. you overtake me after the shears bridge and I cannot see you after that leh...

Iet's see who interested first then fix a date... I good with any timing so long as we get enough rest and dont go up/down genting at night.... safety first....

eh i was driving 80kmh with horizon hor. haha ! you can ask him :P  then suddenly dunno why my accelarator faulty!! the rpm just keep increases la ! luckily after ecp it went back down.. i was so terrified man. hahaha!  yeah! safety first ;)  lai lai everyone please show interest! 

eh i was driving 80kmh with horizon hor. haha ! you can ask him :P  then suddenly dunno why my accelarator faulty!! the rpm just keep increases la ! luckily after ecp it went back down.. i was so terrified man. hahaha!  yeah! safety first ;)  lai lai everyone please show interest!

Your car spoil. Pls sell.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

When are u heading up? I should be doing so on 11 June or the weekend before with kids in tow.

My ex mistresses....

9394559638_9f28a394db.jpg

When are u heading up? I should be doing so on 11 June or the weekend before with kids in tow.

I will be out of town in the 1st half of june. If there are others interested, earliest should be sometime in july perhaps.

eh i was driving 80kmh with horizon hor. haha ! you can ask him :P then suddenly dunno why my accelarator faulty!! the rpm just keep increases la ! luckily after ecp it went back down.. i was so terrified man. hahaha! yeah! safety first ;) lai lai everyone please show interest!

Sounds serious, plz gif me ur car I help u figure out

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Still thinking bro.... Ur is not junk yours is power

my lousy car cannot compare to the cla45 or a45 u getting la . dun mock at my junk !

Still thinking bro.... Ur is not junk yours is power

my lousy car cannot compare to the cla45 or a45 u getting la . dun mock at my junk !

School holidays is a nitemare for Genting trip. Do it during weekends for a nite trip. Also for first timer going there, please be discipline and extreme careful when going up or down. Is a not straight route but is "fun" if you can overcome the twist and turn!!

• Like 1

I reckon June should be fully booked due to the school holidays. Earliest should be July/Aug.

NSH is not a problem since most have experience, only up and downhill might be tricky for first timers. Any misjudge in the turn radius thats it. Best time to up and down hill is when the sun is up, for visibility.

School holidays is a nitemare for Genting trip. Do it during weekends for a nite trip. Also for first timer going there, please be discipline and extreme careful when going up or down. Is a not straight route but is "fun" if you can overcome the twist and turn!!

if going genting need buy bm's strutbar and kw v3 to counter it like bm counter mt akina ! hehe. paladin got platinum card. can get room ! hahaha! 

if going genting need buy bm's strutbar and kw v3 to counter it like bm counter mt akina ! hehe. paladin got platinum card. can get room ! hahaha!

What platinum card? Ezlink and touch n go card I have. Lol.

• Like 1

Was hoping you can join us to tell us where the pot holes are leh.

No pothole lah, my concern is road discipline once we reach Genting :). all hell will break loose coz we cant basically guide individual on the way up and down. Maybe newbie shld try 99 bend or hilltop restaurant at Jurong Birdpark :).

Experience driver can try these routes

http://list25.com/25-most-dangerous-roads-in-the-world/

Was hoping you can join us to tell us where the pot holes are leh.

no need to.. just follow his butt.. sure will miss all the pot holes...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Louis u got boot space right? Since Jaxon small size should be able to fit in

drive your own car la ! i fetching JJ and behind seats converted to Sound system liao . no space to fit you . wahahaha!

Paladin thanks for starting this thread! im interested!!!

My concern is parking.. worry car lost.. who knows about the parking there?

i remember there is an area where u can park in front of the hotel.. pay a per entry something like that..

i will suggest Sat morning leave SG, Sun noon time drive back from Genting.