• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

8 Jun Sat Morning Drive to Desaru Sungai Rengit

chris

yeah last night's drive wasn't too bad i guess, just that we ended later than planned due to the jam while entering Malaysia.

Hope everyone had fun and thank you ah bui for the food!

*SW73 sorry dint know u gotta head earlier and you drove back alone.

Hope your drive wasn't too loney =)

seeya all again next time and happy Vesak day!

No worries Chris , drive back was fine . Sorry could not stay longer and chit chat with you guys .

Thanks again for the supper last night, bro! When are we heading to Orchard Road? ;)

Chris says he's organising. ... but dunno if he'll stay for supper...lol....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

And we have an interesting UNKER who intro us to a famous restaurant for supper.... Then when we wanted to convoy to the place... HE ended the intro by saying "CLOSE LIAO".... last order 10:30.... Unker really stylo.... All thank to Edwin for liasing with him at the supper point...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Hahaha...The uncle was so interested in cars and started to talk about singapore and malaysia car price and asked me about why we were here....haha den he intro the food place....just having a normal chat with him...haha....They rarely see so many MB in that area I guess.... No issue de....next time must go try his recommendation....

And Thank you chris and Odessus for organising and leading+ sweeping.

Learned some points from you guys in this convoy....always get to learn some new tips on each NS convoy run.

Found out that E coupe is like a fighter jet

C63 can fly just like a helicopter and land where he wish.

SLK is like a A380 can fly as well

haha...this is a fun run and interesting as well...I always look forward to NS Run....

Thank You ah bui for the awesome supper....

and I wonder what happened to that 4th lane at Tuas wonder how it get started....

And we have an interesting UNKER who intro us to a famous restaurant for supper.... Then when we wanted to convoy to the place... HE ended the intro by saying "CLOSE LIAO".... last order 10:30.... Unker really stylo.... All thank to Edwin for liasing with him at the supper point...

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Was surprised that U even bothered to appear even when u not running... Kudos to you for setting a good example... Most would have just called or don appear....

sorry guys, only pop by to say hello than goodbye.

• Like 1

Ok next time night drive we goann hit out at 1930 liao

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Morning Drive to Desaru!

Date for early morning drive is 8th Jun Sat!

Things you need: Passport, RM, Touch n Go, Walkie with SGmercs frequency...
Check your own car condition, tyre pressure, brakes, tyre thread and all necessary...

Walkie is a MUST! Safety comes first! Pls refer to below thread:
http://www.sgmerc.co...equency-thread/

Morning drive 8th Jun:
1. Chris
2. blackmercs
3. thaiedwin
4. Odessus
5. Machi
6. Jes
7. Merczai
8. oreocookie

Posted Today, 11:26 AM

Morning Drive to Desaru!

Check your own car condition, tyre pressure, brakes, tyre thread and all necessary...

Morning drive 8th Jun:
1. Chris
2. blackmercs
4. Odessus
5. Machi
6. Jes
7. Merczai
8. oreocookie

Morning Drive to Desaru!

Morning drive 8th Jun:

1. Chris

2. blackmercs

3. asiadj

4. Odessus

5. Machi

6. Jes

7. Merczai

8. oreocookie

Morning Drive to Desaru!

Walkie is a MUST! Safety comes first! Pls refer to below thread:http://www.sgmerc.co...equency-thread/

Morning drive 8th Jun:

1. Chris

2. blackmercs

3. asiadj

4. Odessus

5. Machi

6. Jes

7. Merczai

8. oreocookie

9. bran (Relax drive can join?)

Interested to join, but I super newbie to driving in M'sia, last time driving there was at least 7 years ago...  :startle:

Was thinking of investing in a walkie talkie if you all don't mind newbie tagging along for such events. Now also no Touch N Go card too. Super unprepared for this time round, hope to join you guys in the next run (if it is not too siong a run, want to break-in slowly) :)

Interested to join, but I super newbie to driving in M'sia, last time driving there was at least 7 years ago... :startle:

Was thinking of investing in a walkie talkie if you all don't mind newbie tagging along for such events. Now also no Touch N Go card too. Super unprepared for this time round, hope to join you guys in the next run (if it is not too siong a run, want to break-in slowly) :)

Kenneth no worries one. I was just like you not too long ago. The max I drove in singapore was 140km/h and I also dont have touch and go. But the bros took good care of me. But walkie talkie is a must and dont be too garang. Everything will be fine.

Interested to join, but I super newbie to driving in M'sia, last time driving there was at least 7 years ago...  :startle:

Do join us coz this is a short run is suitable for newbies. Touch n go can purchase one at the toll gate. Walkies can get it from T3 at east coast road, tel 6241 6828.

Morning Drive to Desaru!

Walkie is a MUST! Safety comes first! Pls refer to below thread:http://www.sgmerc.co...equency-thread/

Morning drive 8th Jun:

1. Chris

2. blackmercs

4. Odessus

5. Machi

6. Jes

7. Merczai

8. oreocookie

Morning Drive to Desaru!

Morning drive 8th Jun:

1. Chris

2. blackmercs

3. asiadj

4. Odessus

5. Machi

6. Jes

7. Merczai

8. oreocookie

9. bran (relax drive with wife coming along)

Esso just after 2nd link to Sungai Rengit is about 125km.

We should take about 1hr 15mins +/- to reach there.. Lets just give ourselves 1hr 30mins..

Makan Place is a Chinese coffeeshop. Pls highlight if you have a special diet (halal, vegetarian etc)

Plan with estimated timing:

0530hrs meet SG tuas area (no toilet, no drinks to buy)

0545hrs leave meetup location (you need 3/4 tank)

0600hrs reach Esso after 2nd link (toilet break and shopping at Esso)

0615hrs set off (full tank is preferred)

0745hrs reach makan place

0845hrs finish eating and to set off

1015hrs reach Shell just before 2nd link (fill up full tank and shopping at Shell)

*These are estimated, not sure about customs duration.

If got time we can all take a photo withpost-1174-0-36180600-1369763615_thumb.jpg

• Like 1