• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

8 Jun Sat Morning Drive to Desaru Sungai Rengit

chris

Wa still got flim to protect from stone chips. Is it a "must", as in there will be high chance of chips?

Chris, I'm trying my best to make it happen. Weekend i will subtly drive down buy e walkie talkie n "act first, seek approval later".

Just need guidance n patience (including how/where to buy touch n go). And don't cheong too fast and leave me alone behind hor.

cool cya guys on 8th...asiadj, film to protect the car from stone chips

Long time no see you already!

Wa still got flim to protect from stone chips. Is it a "must", as in there will be high chance of chips?

Chris, I'm trying my best to make it happen. Weekend i will subtly drive down buy e walkie talkie n "act first, seek approval later".

Just need guidance n patience (including how/where to buy touch n go). And don't cheong too fast and leave me alone behind hor.

Don't worry. Go as a group, will come back as a group unless those who urgently need to rush back.

Those who've been up and down NSH frequently will tell you that stone chips is inevitable. It's up to you if you want to get a film to protect your car. I've been up and down so many times till I can't be bothered to get the film.

you might want to call to make sure they are open on weekends before going down..

or suggest u fix an appointment with them.

dont worry we leave no man behind..

Mark come join the drive to see Jes again lol

High chance I'll join.

• Like 1

timing a bit early... can adjust a bit nt.. lol. near near run nia..

Esso just after 2nd link to Sungai Rengit is about 125km.
We should take about 1hr 15mins +/- to reach there.. Lets just give ourselves 1hr 30mins..
Makan Place is a Chinese coffeeshop. Pls highlight if you have a special diet (halal, vegetarian etc)

Plan with estimated timing:
0530hrs meet SG tuas area (no toilet, no drinks to buy)
0545hrs leave meetup location (you need 3/4 tank)
0600hrs reach Esso after 2nd link (toilet break and shopping at Esso)
0615hrs set off (full tank is preferred)
0745hrs reach makan place
0845hrs finish eating and to set off
1015hrs reach Shell just before 2nd link (fill up full tank and shopping at Shell)

*These are estimated, not sure about customs duration.

If got time we can all take a photo withattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Lol... Kopi uncle.!! Hahaha.. K k!

i find the timing a bit late liao . hehe ! u still want late ah  :startle: go jam with the rest later  :thumbsd: we must sneak in and out before "kopi uncle with sniper" wakes up and wait for his free breakfast and kopi O

haha u can go in at 5.31am

timing a bit early... can adjust a bit nt.. lol. near near run nia..

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

will be coming in my porky..sorry couldn't turn up for the gtg recently, it's been a mad few months. lotsa shit to do. Film is all up to individual. If you are meticulous about your car, I strongly advise it. Used to go Johnson at Ubi to do temp films. Cost about $150. Than when I return, I just tear the film out. Few guys in town doing the permanent films. Cost should be around $1500+-

• Like 1

Don't worry. Go as a group, will come back as a group unless those who urgently need to rush back.

Those who've been up and down NSH frequently will tell you that stone chips is inevitable. It's up to you if you want to get a film to protect your car. I've been up and down so many times till I can't be bothered to get the film.

well done... it is just a car after all huh? hehe

well done... it is just a car after all huh? hehe

Ya, no matter how hard you try, it's gonna age and show signs of wear. After spending so much on it, might as well enjoy rather than be a slave to it.

• Like 2

Morning Drive to Desaru!

Date for early morning drive is 8th Jun Sat!

Things you need: Passport, RM, Touch n Go, Walkie with SGmercs frequency...

Check your own car condition, tyre pressure, brakes, tyre thread and all necessary...

Walkie is a MUST! Safety comes first! Pls refer to below thread:http://www.sgmerc.co...equency-thread/

Morning drive 8th Jun:

1. Chris

2. blackmercs

3. asiadj

4. Odessus

5. Machi

6. Jes

7. Merczai

8. oreocookie

9. bran (Relax drive can join?)

10. markcwq

11. whitemerc