• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Changing wipers

Zegna

Hello folks,

My car is still under warranty with cnc. Just wondering based on your experience if I change my wipers elsewhere will it implicate the warranty in anyway? If it won't, which workshop would you recommend that'll provide a reliable service for this kind of job. And also, what is the price range like? Is original part usually used?... sorry to sound like a noobie cos' I really am. Its my first merc. Thank you everyone for your time in replying. :)

• Like 1

Hi Zegna and welcome to the forum. No need for apologise for being noob. Everyone has been a noob at one time, sometimes or even a lifetime - we can't all know everything.

While I have not replaced the wipers before I think it is safe to say that if you replace it with an original part you won't have any worries as to warranty issues.

As to where and how much I wil leave it to the more knowledgeable ones here to reply. Or you may wish to read this thread - 

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/5741-where-to-buy-your-mercedes-parts-locally/

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Vinyl Is Sexy!

Wiper also will void warranty!! My advise is that is better for you to go back to CnC for all yr parts replacement.

Serious?

Yes if go by the book. Anything is not from CnC will void the warranty. CnC say one.

Honestly I think if you are interested in saving some money (albeit maybe tens of dollars?) then go to the local stockists get the wiper blades and proceed to your friendly workshop to get it changed. If you know how to change it yourself even better. Else go back to C&C for piece of mind. As long as original wiper blades I don't think you will encounter problems at C&C. But don't quote me...  :hocky:

Check your insurance policy too, just in case will void.

Just go to any local stockist to get the original wiper and change it yourself. It's a no brainer job and saves you money that will otherwise go to CnC. Use that money and join the guys and ladies in this forum for a nice buffet.

• 2 weeks later...
Just go to any local stockist to get the original wiper and change it yourself. It's a no brainer job and saves you money that will otherwise go to CnC. Use that money and join the guys and ladies in this forum for a nice buffet.

Do you know which local stockists sell the original wiper for the w204 and roughly how much will it cost? Thanks!

About this warranty thing I dun understand...if change wiper to non stock... And I go back to CBC to claime for headlamp, does it make sense for CBC to say "due to the non stock wiper, it has affected the working of the headlamp, this is not due to manufacturer fault....." ??

Or change wiper claim suspension and they say..." Due to your non stock wiper, it has cause the suspension to be faulty....due to the fact that this set of blade is 200gram heavier than stock...."

Cannot fathom....

Spoon feeding teaches you nothing....but the shape of the spoon...

About this warranty thing I dun understand...if change wiper to non stock... And I go back to CBC to claime for headlamp, does it make sense for CBC to say "due to the non stock wiper, it has affected the working of the headlamp, this is not due to manufacturer fault....." ??

Or change wiper claim suspension and they say..." Due to your non stock wiper, it has cause the suspension to be faulty....due to the fact that this set of blade is 200gram heavier than stock...."

Cannot fathom....

Don't be despaired bro...there's no truth in this. I'm using PIAA silicon wipers for the past 6months (bro goose also), been to C&C for service & other jobs without any problem. To take things in the right perspective, if you want to complain about scratched windscreen or juddering wipers, C&C will not entertain your request based on the non stock wipers. But seriously, it's easy to go round this by switching back to stock wipers before seeing them. If some prefer to live life by the book, let them be...you live by your your own book.

For non-stockist wiper, some bros bought the PIAA one and I also join the wagon today, pretty good investment IMHO. Autobacs has, it is made for w204 silicone type.

How is the juddering on the PIAA silicon one vs the OEM? My wiper is a source of annoyance for me, tempted to just go polish my windscreen with AutoSol like recommended by some forummers.

Honestly, my wiper juddered badly when car is still young, but as it ages pass 1 yr old and going to 2, the juddering seems to be lesser and lesser. Maybe the rubber is seasoned liao ?!

PIAA no issue so far. Only seem to observe the PIAA jerks a bit at the top stroke... Hahaha sorry like very R rated but hope u know what I mean. It doesn't really bother me. just my observations.

• 1 month later...