• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Hi all, COLLECTED MY CAR!!

darthjason

Polarwhite: i ordered mine in Aug/Sept..cant really rmb though i know it was a helluva long wait!!

AMGlaw: but is there noticeable sound? mine has leh..SE says its normal though..i'll monitor and see how..

anyway, i solved pt 2. It was a single LED light loose which the mechanics settle over my lunch time..error msg is gone..

Congratulations on your new ride! U reckon you waited too long for your new ride? I'd ordered my C250 CDI Avantgarde Wagon on 22nd Jun & was told that ETA was 22 Oct. Chased it up with SE & he advised shipment late so new ETA is end Nov. Now end Nov still no news!!! :@

• Like 1

wah lau..can bang table and ask for some form of compensation?

Bang table don't work to Aussies... already told him to go burn e showroom down...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Bang table don't work to Aussies... already told him to go burn e showroom down...

Hahaha! Bro Fattytey, I'm devising a compensation plan when the SE do call me to advise on the delivery. As much as I am very TL but I still want my new C250 CDI. I'd driven the Sedan version, as a loan car when I'd sent my B Class for servicing, & really love the power delivery & comfortable ride. But b'cos I like DIY stuff hence a wagon makes more sense when there are building materials to be ferried. I intend to install a tow bar as well.

Hahaha! Bro Fattytey, I'm devising a compensation plan when the SE do call me to advise on the delivery. As much as I am very TL but I still want my new C250 CDI. I'd driven the Sedan version, as a loan car when I'd sent my B Class for servicing, & really love the power delivery & comfortable ride. But b'cos I like DIY stuff hence a wagon makes more sense when there are building materials to be ferried. I intend to install a tow bar as well.

So have work out the diesel tax rebate for your new ride?

Huh? I'm in Melbourne, don't think got such rebate. BTW can diesel cars be owned privately in S'pore?

Of course. Reduction in diesel road tax starting next year. Good buy.

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide.

- Albert Camus

Huh? I'm in Melbourne, don't think got such rebate. BTW can diesel cars be owned privately in S'pore?

Oops ok

Of course. Reduction in diesel road tax starting next year. Good buy.

Only for those Euro 5 models... those not under that category is still old tax scheme...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

A new qn guys, can the cup holder between the 2 front seats be changed?

the tick tick sound when i shut off my car is really noticeable..i bet my SE will say its normal..

Cup holder changed as in removed it? Yes, read the manual how to dismantle it.

Tick tick sound is a norm, yr exhaust system is cooling down. My SE say one.

the small speed indicator cant be changed to km/hr from mph?

Good question!!

Hey guys,

finally no longer a NATO (No Actual Merc, Talk Only) member. collected my Merc C180 7G-Tronic the past Sunday (18/11).

been driving it and i have some questions that i hope you guys can answer.

1. Does the gear change from Drive to Reverse feel clunky and very noticeable? Mine changes quite loudly and the car jerks a little. IMO, its something i thought a Merc would not experience.

2. I have an error message (ALREADY!) stating "Left Tail Lamp/Brake Lights" on my console. I checked it physically and its fine and lighted. Gonna send in for check but just wanna ask if anyone has faced this problem before and if so, what was the issue?

3. Any recommendations for workshops for installation of chrome tail pipe? I'm thinking Fong Kim unless someone has a better suggestion.

4. Is there a way to change the fuel efficiency to Km/L instead of L/100km?

Overall the car is great so far except for the gear change (pt 1)

I've got a gripe about the handle at the right side of the driver below the door opening latch on the inside. Its not a slot that has a bottom where i can place coins..haha..insignificant though..

Gonna do a fuel efficiency review once my this current tank of fuel finishes.

Cheers

Jason

Black 7G-Tronic C180 1.6l

Bro, I did some experiment with my C180 these few days after reading your post regarding item 1. I didn't notice any noticeable jerk.

Only when it's in Eco mode & engine was shut off, there's the regular engine wake up "jerk".

Weird right?!

Nope!! Why would need miles where everyone is using km? We love the Queen leh.

• Like 1

God save our gracious Queen!

Long live our noble Queen!

God save the Queen!

Send her victorious,

Happy and glorious,

Long to reign over us:

God save The Queen!

- Albert Camus

God save our gracious Queen!

Long live our noble Queen!

God save the Queen!

Send her victorious,

Happy and glorious,

Long to reign over us:

God save The Queen!

AMEN!!

speaking of speedometer.. is there anyway to calibrate after changing to bigger size wheels and tires? with now bigger rolling circumference,  speedometer calibrated to stock wheel size may show slower speed than actual real world speed.. in theory at least. can use this to appeal speeding offense? haha

speaking of speedometer.. is there anyway to calibrate after changing to bigger size wheels and tires? with now bigger rolling circumference,  speedometer calibrated to stock wheel size may show slower speed than actual real world speed.. in theory at least. can use this to appeal speeding offense? haha

You can use this theory next time when u got caught by TP.... They might even give u a night's stay at my exclusive condo....

Possible but you will require a Star computer. It's just tweaking some values and code.

I did it before using VAGCOM for my Audi.

- Albert Camus

I think the noticeable jerk is no longer there..i believe is coz some times i change gear too fast so it aint so smooth..

anyway, i read in the manual that the back seat can be fully lower forward to store long items in the boot..but cant find the latch leh..anyone has any idea? My SE mentioned that the seats cant be lowered though..