• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Hi all, COLLECTED MY CAR!!

darthjason

Hey guys,

finally no longer a NATO (No Actual Merc, Talk Only) member. collected my Merc C180 7G-Tronic the past Sunday (18/11).

been driving it and i have some questions that i hope you guys can answer.

1. Does the gear change from Drive to Reverse feel clunky and very noticeable? Mine changes quite loudly and the car jerks a little. IMO, its something i thought a Merc would not experience.

2. I have an error message (ALREADY!) stating "Left Tail Lamp/Brake Lights" on my console. I checked it physically and its fine and lighted. Gonna send in for check but just wanna ask if anyone has faced this problem before and if so, what was the issue?

3. Any recommendations for workshops for installation of chrome tail pipe? I'm thinking Fong Kim unless someone has a better suggestion.

4. Is there a way to change the fuel efficiency to Km/L instead of L/100km?

Overall the car is great so far except for the gear change (pt 1)

I've got a gripe about the handle at the right side of the driver below the door opening latch on the inside. Its not a slot that has a bottom where i can place coins..haha..insignificant though..

Gonna do a fuel efficiency review once my this current tank of fuel finishes.

Cheers

Jason

Black 7G-Tronic C180 1.6l

Hi Jason, congras!

pt 1- i experience slight jerk when engaged to reverse gear too but not loud as you mentioned.

Pt 2- Did you press the brake and check or just switch on the light and check? It could be the braking light that is faulty.

Pt 3- can also check with our site sponsor, sonic. They have nice range of chrome tip too.

pt 4- as mentioned by bro odessus.

Enjoy your ride!

Polarwhite: i ordered mine in Aug/Sept..cant really rmb though i know it was a helluva long wait!!

AMGlaw: but is there noticeable sound? mine has leh..SE says its normal though..i'll monitor and see how..

anyway, i solved pt 2. It was a single LED light loose which the mechanics settle over my lunch time..error msg is gone..

Hey guys,

finally no longer a NATO (No Actual Merc, Talk Only) member. collected my Merc C180 7G-Tronic the past Sunday (18/11).

been driving it and i have some questions that i hope you guys can answer.

1. Does the gear change from Drive to Reverse feel clunky and very noticeable? Mine changes quite loudly and the car jerks a little. IMO, its something i thought a Merc would not experience.

2. I have an error message (ALREADY!) stating "Left Tail Lamp/Brake Lights" on my console. I checked it physically and its fine and lighted. Gonna send in for check but just wanna ask if anyone has faced this problem before and if so, what was the issue?

3. Any recommendations for workshops for installation of chrome tail pipe? I'm thinking Fong Kim unless someone has a better suggestion.

4. Is there a way to change the fuel efficiency to Km/L instead of L/100km?

Overall the car is great so far except for the gear change (pt 1)

I've got a gripe about the handle at the right side of the driver below the door opening latch on the inside. Its not a slot that has a bottom where i can place coins..haha..insignificant though..

Gonna do a fuel efficiency review once my this current tank of fuel finishes.

Cheers

Jason

Black 7G-Tronic C180 1.6l

Congrats to your new ride..... now the important question..... 4D got tio boh. ... got tio must buy brekkie Tomolo.... hahaha. .. but really... Ai mod mai. ... BM asking.....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

wa bm, are you saying this from your heart? haha

Hahaha yes lah

Stop modding is bad for yr health and wallet.

BM means stop modding is bad for your heart...and his wallet...no income to buy carrot for Ruth...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Nothing wrong with what BM said. "Stop modding is bad for your health and wallet" is different from saying "Stop modding - it's bad for your health and wallet". :zoro:

Tomorrow must buy 9606 again. Huat ah!

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide.

- Albert Camus

Congrats! Enjoy your ride!

'It’s more than that. It’s a communal celebration of horsepower, torque, grip, leather, technology and beauty. It is the last bastion of automotive lust.'- Jeremy Clarkson

"And if you no longer go for a gap that exist, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, we are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for victory, it's not to come 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th."- The Late and Great Ayrton Senna