• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Information needed on importing goods to Singapore!

Gullwings

Hi folks,

Recently, I've got a very good deal on eBay for a watch, but my counterpart in US says that the Singapore customs prohibits the importation of jewelries and watches, and thus he is unable to send the watch to me,and offered me a refund instead. Has anyone encountered the same problems before? Now I've missed the opportunity to own that watch. Damn pekcek with the customs now.... Sigh T_T

'It’s more than that. It’s a communal celebration of horsepower, torque, grip, leather, technology and beauty. It is the last bastion of automotive lust.'- Jeremy Clarkson

"And if you no longer go for a gap that exist, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, we are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for victory, it's not to come 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th."- The Late and Great Ayrton Senna

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you check with the custom authority directly??!! They will clarify your information credibility and doubts.

Call them, and they direct me to other department and stuffs. Then in the end they ask me to leave my contact details to contact me. Damn mafan

'It’s more than that. It’s a communal celebration of horsepower, torque, grip, leather, technology and beauty. It is the last bastion of automotive lust.'- Jeremy Clarkson

"And if you no longer go for a gap that exist, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, we are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for victory, it's not to come 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th."- The Late and Great Ayrton Senna

Post yr ebay link here. If seller back u can lodge a complaint to paypal directly if payment through them. I brought afew watches & never got any issues with the authorities.

Post yr ebay link here. If seller back u can lodge a complaint to paypal directly if payment through them. I brought afew watches & never got any issues with the authorities.

Not the seller's fault because I was given a refund, but just pekcek that I lost the chance to own a watch that I yearned for at such a affordable rate because of some retarded custom law :(

Nope I dont think there are any issues with customs regarding watches.

I have a buddy who is a avid watch collector, and he buy and sell watches on forums and ebay. Just need to pay GST if the value is above $400; else under-declare or declare as a gift but you run a risk of lost/damaged item and you only get the declared value back

Hmm... really a bummer man.

But I want to kaypoh...what watch is that? can share? :D

It is a B&R watch HAHA.

Nope I dont think there are any issues with customs regarding watches.

I have a buddy who is a avid watch collector, and he buy and sell watches on forums and ebay. Just need to pay GST if the value is above $400; else under-declare or declare as a gift but you run a risk of lost/damaged item and you only get the declared value back

This is my first time ley. The seller said that they are not willing to take the risk because the U.S. post office gave them an official documentation on this issue. Sigh, forget it. I'll just take the refund and further hunt for the watch then. Thanks for all of your help anyways!

Next time you should use vpost USA. It's true some USA seller are scare to deal with Asian. I got a refund for just a golf putter with a seller from Boston. They got conned too many times by Asian. However if you use vpost USA everything is internal and let vpost handle the shipping to sg. Small item vpost charges is ok.

Hi folks,

Recently, I've got a very good deal on eBay for a watch, but my counterpart in US says that the Singapore customs prohibits the importation of jewelries and watches, and thus he is unable to send the watch to me,and offered me a refund instead. Has anyone encountered the same problems before? Now I've missed the opportunity to own that watch. Damn pekcek with the customs now.... Sigh T_T

Previously bought a few watches on eBay....never has such problem any than gst if the total value is >$400.

I've bought more than 800 times on eBay from 600+ sellers. :)

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Next time you should use vpost USA. It's true some USA seller are scare to deal with Asian. I got a refund for just a golf putter with a seller from Boston. They got conned too many times by Asian. However if you use vpost USA everything is internal and let vpost handle the shipping to sg. Small item vpost charges is ok.

Bloody Asians. Asians all con artist and eat dogs.

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide.

- Albert Camus

I am north african jewish australo-canadian inuit who lives next door to you.

You sure you are not from Tanzania? :lol:

Bloody Asians. Asians all con artist and eat dogs.

Becareful hor wait ppl set yr car on fire. Did u installed the new Dome camera from me? Comes with auto heat detecting function & all data are stored in the website??

You sure you are not from Tanzania? :lol:

That one my past life. It's complicated.

Becareful hor wait ppl set yr car on fire. Did u installed the new Dome camera from me? Comes with auto heat detecting function & all data are stored in the website??

Please PM quote for SLK.

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide.

- Albert Camus