• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Servicing Mercedes

Been a while since i last post but just to share my 60,000 KM (major) servicing with Chip Soon last week.

A typical 60,000 km servcinig package will cost about 900 - 950 SGD. But i was charged less as Chip Soon did told me some parts (i/e. air filter, brake pads) are still good and no need to change.

You can see the detailed cost breakdown.

Btw, i also changed my engine n tranny mounting (which is half of what CnC quoted).

i am a walk-in customer and Daniel from Chip Soon serve me. Nice n Friendly guy! Got my car 4 hours later (could be faster if not for the mounting). Btw, I never call up for booking at CHip Soon in my previous servcing as well.

Hope this helps. And yes, usual disclaimers about me not related to Chip Soon applies... blah blah blah..

14039997992_7af0462f31.jpg

Thanks for sharing.

Chip Soon Rawks!

• 3 weeks later...

To add to the knowledge of this thread:

I just did a ATF change at C n C for E class. Only the ATF and nothing else, comes to almost $580. This is inclusive of parts and labour and GST.

The oil cost about $300, 8 litres of it. Labour $132. 

• 2 weeks later...

To add to the knowledge of this thread:

I just did a ATF change at C n C for E class. Only the ATF and nothing else, comes to almost $580. This is inclusive of parts and labour and GST.

The oil cost about $300, 8 litres of it. Labour $132. 

Bought ATF, Filter, Gasket and Adapter from Goldenlink for $165.85 and Labour at my workshop $120.00! 

Bros,

Am intending to do mine outside C & C.....as long use original Mercedes Benz can liao...warranty won/t be  void.

Can kindly advice what needs to be changed for 30k servicing?

1. brake pads

2. brake discs

3. engine oil

4. transmission oil

5. oil filter

Many thanks bros!

Oh yes.... I was recently advised by a mechanic friend of mine that I can save some $ since I change engine oil every 5000-6000km.....I use Mobil 1 Gold....he told me can use Redline engine oil which is for turbo engines.... I had used this for my previous ride (Scirocco) it was great....not too sure if its ok for Merc engines....anyone tried Redline engine oil before?

What other brands of engine oil you guys (or gals) using?

Motul?

Shell Helix?

Liqui Moly?

Pennzoil?

Castrol?

My W212 ride coming to 60k and time for the service. 

Brakes - would it sufficient to just change the brake pads only or it needs to be changed with brake discs?

Engine mountings - when do we need to change?

Spark plugs - need to change too?

I am not going to CnC for the 60k service.

What are the recommendations?

BYO parts? or just let the workshop settle them?

• 2 weeks later...

My W212 ride coming to 60k and time for the service. 

Brakes - would it sufficient to just change the brake pads only or it needs to be changed with brake discs?

Engine mountings - when do we need to change?

Spark plugs - need to change too?

I am not going to CnC for the 60k service.

What are the recommendations?

BYO parts? or just let the workshop settle them?

Bought the orginal Merc spare parts from Tye Soon

2 x Brake disc

Front and Rear brake pads + sensors

7L of Transmission fluid 

1L of Brake fluid 

Transmission filter, Gasket and plug 

Total cost $625

Service at work shop: $235 (2.5 hrs work)

Total : $860

• 2 weeks later...

Service done for W211 e class.

Mileage at 125K

Location- workshop in Sin Ming.

6L Mobile 1 engine oil - $130

Oil filer- $12

Water pipe - $80 (Merc original part, replaced due to wear and tear)

Labour charge - $70

All top ups and checks done, no other replacements necessary.

Total bill $292 before GST. :)

• Like 1

anything in the west like bt merah, clementi or jurong east? decided not to go back to BCC coz after some weeks of driving when i needed to go change my W204 eyebrow LEDs, i realized they did a bad job on my coolant since it overflowed and coolant got out of the reservoir into the engine bay

thanks!

Any advise where to go? I have sounds coming when I go up the slope, should be something loose, I think my car needs some screwing up to do and I want the mechanic to do that so where can I go? Won't get carrot head and also car servicing too.

My car gives a warning message "Top Up Coolant" every 3 - 4 months. Anybody else have this issue? I have looked for leaks but don't see any even when the car is lifted on the jack at the workshop I don't see any sign of leaks. Any advise guys and gals?

• 2 months later...

Service done for W211 e class.

Mileage at 125K

Location- workshop in Sin Ming.

6L Mobile 1 engine oil - $130

Oil filer- $12

Water pipe - $80 (Merc original part, replaced due to wear and tear)

Labour charge - $70

All top ups and checks done, no other replacements necessary.

Total bill $292 before GST. :)

Hi, can share the name of work shop or PM me

Oh yes.... I was recently advised by a mechanic friend of mine that I can save some $ since I change engine oil every 5000-6000km.....I use Mobil 1 Gold....he told me can use Redline engine oil which is for turbo engines.... I had used this for my previous ride (Scirocco) it was great....not too sure if its ok for Merc engines....anyone tried Redline engine oil before?

What other brands of engine oil you guys (or gals) using?

Motul?

Shell Helix?

Liqui Moly?

Pennzoil?

Castrol?

==================================

I been using Redline 5w40 for last 4 oil change. $19 per quart. 

Oil change every 10KM.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi seniors, i decided to give cnc a miss for my 60k servicing. I went to one of the workshop recommended here.

Wanting to replace atf. But the workshop said only need replace when reach 90k. Is it true?

Thought 60k need to replace atf and not just a normal servicing?

The workshop at amk only did a normal oil change and oil filter servicing for me.

please advise.

U just request to change lol. The workshop get to earn money. No reason they reject. I do know some owners change engine oil every 5k km.

bro that the thing i am piss with this workshop.

i sent my car in the morning abt 9am. Told the mechanic the following to be check n replaced.

1) replace atf

2) replace transmission gasket

3) check on left front side shock absorber as there are screeching sound going over hump. If need be replace the faulty parts.

I even told him no rush. I can leave my car over night as i have a spare car.

but when he call me abt 230pm i was shock how come so fast. I asked was everything i instructed replaced?

He replied yes.

but when i was there to collect my car, he presented the bill which is only $388. Than i further ask him have he change the atf and gasket including transmission mounting, than he replied. Atf is only needed to be replace at 90km not 60km.

as for my shock absorber bushing, he notice a bit wear. But he nvr replace. He say drive till it further wear than replace than it is more worth.

i was like wth... ask u to change u help me save for fish?

Because i am the one driving. I dun like the screeching sound going over hump. That y i want to replace. Y should i wait till it further wear. By the time it further wear, more things will wear out.

contemplating to go to chip soon to get all these done. Change my brake pad with chip soon before and hv quite good experience with them.