• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Servicing Mercedes

bro that the thing i am piss with this workshop.

i sent my car in the morning abt 9am. Told the mechanic the following to be check n replaced.

1) replace atf

2) replace transmission gasket

3) check on left front side shock absorber as there are screeching sound going over hump. If need be replace the faulty parts.

I even told him no rush. I can leave my car over night as i have a spare car.

but when he call me abt 230pm i was shock how come so fast. I asked was everything i instructed replaced?

He replied yes.

but when i was there to collect my car, he presented the bill which is only $388. Than i further ask him have he change the atf and gasket including transmission mounting, than he replied. Atf is only needed to be replace at 90km not 60km.

as for my shock absorber bushing, he notice a bit wear. But he nvr replace. He say drive till it further wear than replace than it is more worth.

i was like wth... ask u to change u help me save for fish?

Because i am the one driving. I dun like the screeching sound going over hump. That y i want to replace. Y should i wait till it further wear. By the time it further wear, more things will wear out.

contemplating to go to chip soon to get all these done. Change my brake pad with chip soon before and hv quite good experience with them.

hi all seniors, i have just collected my car today fr cnc. Millage was 72k. Since my last experience with the amk workshop was unpleasant, and i wanting to claim the radiator tank which is leaking, so i decided to went back to cnc yesterday.

the SA told me i miss my 60k b+ service, so he advise me to do it.

i just agree to it.

today when i collected my car all my above complain abt squeeching suspension was gone.

cnc replace the following under warranty for me.

1) pair shock absorber for the front

2) radiator water top up tank

Atf was replace under B+ package.

Now my ride is as good as new. So satisfied.

Total damage 2.3k.

2.3K is not a small amount for service with oil change and ATF, so the warranty parts is paid by owner in this case. Well C&c got to make back what they gave out. No charity of course. Happy motoring....

2.3K is not a small amount for service with oil change and ATF, so the warranty parts is paid by owner in this case. Well C&c got to make back what they gave out. No charity of course. Happy motoring....

yes agreed but atleast i got my part replaced with the same price as what others paying for a true b+service. Without claiming any warranty.

2.3K is not a small amount for service with oil change and ATF, so the warranty parts is paid by owner in this case. Well C&c got to make back what they gave out. No charity of course. Happy motoring....

If I'm still under warranty, I wouldn't have gone outside for servicing, and even to repair parts under warranty. Don't make sense right?

The sense here is at what price to solve and change all the parts....warranty thingy is something that the agent use to "force" owners to go back.

If outside service and same parts changed (those warranty items) comes to say $1.5K, would you pay 2.3k to go agent to claim some warranty parts?  Meaning to say you save nett $800 for the same job. 

Well, I guess some would still go back to agent....Nothing wrong for that thinking.

The sense here is at what price to solve and change all the parts....warranty thingy is something that the agent use to "force" owners to go back.

If outside service and same parts changed (those warranty items) comes to say $1.5K, would you pay 2.3k to go agent to claim some warranty parts? Meaning to say you save nett $800 for the same job.

Well, I guess some would still go back to agent....Nothing wrong for that thinking.

hi bro, understand if do my b+ service outside will cost about $1k anyway. However, i am not sure how much i need to pay for the following that was replaced by c&c.

1) 1 pair of new front shock absorber

2) radiator top up tank

3) engine mount

4) gear box mount

5) suspension bushing

i guess it will add up to be almost the same. The saving is not that much.

as i say compare to others who pay 2.3k without warranty cliam, i actually gain than loose.

Furthermore 2.3k is not even a fraction of our car price.

i have another w221. I aslo send back every major servicing even no more warranty.

Err...I am not sure what service B will entails but I will list what 60k service would take:

I would use Tye Soon Ltd parts price for originals with a good liberal estimate ( meaning if you check with shop it will probably be cheaper).

a)  Engine oil 6 litres ( Shell 5w-40 sold at Giant right now 5L for $55)- just assume $15/L x 6 = $90

B)  Oil filter $15

c)  Air filter $40

d)  Aircon/Cabin filter $70

e)  ATF required 6L at $25/L = $125

f)  Gearbox sump gasket $20

Next items will be the warranty items if bought from Tye Soon Ltd, Originals

1)  Front shock absorbers $300 x 2 = $600

2)  Radiator top tank with sensor  $120

3)  Engine mounting $150 x 2 = $300

4)  Gear box mounting $60 ( This item wont crack till 200K)

5)  Suspension bushing.. Many different one but max or most costly one is $250 (the lower arm complete).

The rest is labour charges....

Final words will be, As long as one is happy with it, life goes on .... :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Gone for service today and spent another $3.3k on my 140,000 mileage W212

Shock absorber

Front $530 x 2

Bearing front $$150 x 2

Stopper front $50 x 2

Dash cover $35 x 2

RR $350 x 2

Anti roll bar linkage front $80 x 2

Labour $288

Rest of work

Oil

Oil filter

Air filter

A/C blower filter

Washer tank shampoos

Lubrication service

• 1 month later...

Guys,

Which is cheaper chip soon or auto spirtze? Thanks. 

The more important point to compare is which one is better in their service & work. They are both equally good.

The price may differ a bit....but you won't go wrong with either. I would rather go to the one most conveniently located to me.

The more important point to compare is which one is better in their service & work. They are both equally good.

The price may differ a bit....but you won't go wrong with either. I would rather go to the one most conveniently located to me.

bro you r right i guess.

Having said about servicing, can I know what ATF oil are recommended? I have a C200 W203 with 55k mileage.. Looking to change the ATF oil soon.

Wow! Your W203 is under utilised at 55k km. Use the Mercedes ATF....get it from Goldenlink.

Anyone knows what is Service D1?

May I know what's the mileage for your service D? Apparently it's service B plus a brake fluid change (like Service B+)...I reckon from the info I gathered.

May I know what's the mileage for your service D? Apparently it's service B plus a brake fluid change (like Service B+)...I reckon from the info I gathered.

Thanks!

D1 @ 30k. Managed to text CnC and it is maintenance service to carry out brake fluid, engine oil and filters (I assume air filter and maybe A/C filter) replacement.

Cost about $1500!!! :startle:

i also under warranty. i go back cnc only for engine oil change nia. i bring my own oil.

they charge $180 for service charge(oil change). like it or not it's in it whether u use ur own oil or not.

the rest like service b+ i do outside.

With the 3Y warranty coming to an end, would you advise taking the car to an outside w/s to do a thorough inspection before bringing it back to C&C?

And if so, are there any recommended w/s that would do the checks fully knowing that they will NOT get to fix your faulty parts etc?  

Wow! Your W203 is under utilised at 55k km. Use the Mercedes ATF....get it from Goldenlink.[/quote

Is the previous owner who is under utilized it.. I took over for 6 months till now I clocked 14k km.. Initially was 41k when I brought it.

Anyway, thanks for the recommendation.

With the 3Y warranty coming to an end, would you advise taking the car to an outside w/s to do a thorough inspection before bringing it back to C&C?

And if so, are there any recommended w/s that would do the checks fully knowing that they will NOT get to fix your faulty parts etc?  

Seriously?