• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Rim washing/brush?

its is difficult to maintance the rim, even if that you are hardworking cleaning it with brushes or using cloth.. Less than 3 days after rim wash, it back to the dirty black rims.

I alway use a small pail with H2O and add some washing detergent with a cloth to clean the rims. How offen do car owner wash the rims and way of cleaning it?

Thanks

Unker poor man stays in HDB flat!

The blanga car washer jwashes my rims daily for $15/month.

I m kinder than my younger Bro, he pays his blanga car washer $10/mth to wash his rims.:)

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Usually, I just send my car to Revol for regular weekly car wash, they did a good job though, plus vacuuming the interior of the car as well.

Bro can share how much you pay? I stay at AMK too. Cheap wash would help. It's been 5 months. I still personal-wash. haha. Mind PMing me? gee

On a personal basis. I was 2-3x a month. Use SONAX to spray. After that, super easy to clean. Someone taught me this... cus the liquid isn't cheap. So, everytime you wanna use, pour some into another spray. mix ratio 1:1. This will help u save some $ for next mod!

But I read some users complainting that the Sonax rim detergent will deteoriate the finishing on the rim... White rims become yellowish....

Don't know how true...

Yes! It happened to my used 18" AMG Monoblock IV for my E250.

Before I install the rims, I brought the 4 rims to my toilet, spray sonax over them to soak for a while (about 5 mins) - kiasu mah!

Later when I tried washing the rims with plain water, it seems that the Sonax has bitten into the paintwork and shine.

lan lan took out Autoglym paint polish and repolished the rims, got back some shine but somehow the original "rainbow paint effect" on the AMG rims were gone.

I guess if U dilute the Sonax or quickly wash off after spraying ould be alright!

I still got about 3/4 full of the Sonax wheel spray - can get from me FOC! :)

Cheers

Bro can share how much you pay? I stay at AMK too. Cheap wash would help. It's been 5 months. I still personal-wash. haha. Mind PMing me? gee

I also stayed at AMK, so it's convenient for me to go Revol Autopoint.

They charge $10 per wash, but they only open to members, meaning if you have done grooming package with them before. And they only do washing in the evening.

Yes! It happened to my used 18" AMG Monoblock IV for my E250.

Before I install the rims, I brought the 4 rims to my toilet, spray sonax over them to soak for a while (about 5 mins) - kiasu mah!

Later when I tried washing the rims with plain water, it seems that the Sonax has bitten into the paintwork and shine.

lan lan took out Autoglym paint polish and repolished the rims, got back some shine but somehow the original "rainbow paint effect" on the AMG rims were gone.

I guess if U dilute the Sonax or quickly wash off after spraying ould be alright!

I still got about 3/4 full of the Sonax wheel spray - can get from me FOC! :)

Usually I wash 5mins after spraying Sonax. Anyway, I thing I realised. Don't ever use any tyre polishing after washing to rims.

Those tyre polishing will somehow melt? and very quickly it'll dirty the shiny rims.

Nowadays, I'll spray Armourall Wheel Protectant after washing. Spray 2 layers. My rims shine for 2-3 weeks. Of course if kena rain. Then @#$@#%$^$$...

Usually I wash 5mins after spraying Sonax. Anyway, I thing I realised. Don't ever use any tyre polishing after washing to rims.

Those tyre polishing will somehow melt? and very quickly it'll dirty the shiny rims.

Nowadays, I'll spray Armourall Wheel Protectant after washing. Spray 2 layers. My rims shine for 2-3 weeks. Of course if kena rain. Then @#$@#%$^$$...

I 2nd Armourall Wheel Protectant!

As usual very kiasu I have 5 cans sitting at home.

They somehow "quite effective" to keep off the dust to a certain extent

Now I dun use them anymore cos damn lazy now and Bro CKlasse Blanga washing my rims daily

They are for sale at $12.50/can from me - outside selling around $16 at Giant or Shell Stations.

Anyone want to buy them, let me know and I give free car shampoo :)

Mr TP Yap, cos knowing you as a Sonax fan, I bought Sonax wheel cleaner.

Please try to spray Sonax liberally over your rims and let it soak for 10 mins or more!

Hope your rims continue to shine - mine did not.........heheheh :)

Cheers

if the banglar can wash daily for $10 a month, that should be more worth right?

My younger bro stays a few streets away - he pays his blanga $10/mth to wash his W203 Brabus rims daily!

Cheers

pity the next car bangla washer works on, if he don't change the water.. our car brake dust is really horrible

I know the blanga in my mscp gets free water from the mscp tap!

Cheers

Never stand there and look at how they wash the rim?

My blanga quite a soft guy!

The AMG IV on my E250 lasted 14 mths till I sold the ride

The AMG III on my current ML300 has been washed 13 months and still as good as day 1. :)

Cheers