mercs26

Good workshop to recommend for servicing

45 posts in this topic

On 09/10/2017 at 9:15 PM, dyeeng said:

West: Try Perfect Power at Bukit Batok WCEGA Plaza #06-12, look for Michael 85227011 or Ah Keong.

East: Chip Soon at Tampines (behind Safra Tampines), look for Daniel/Jason 67864648.

Kaki Bukit: Zen Auto, look for Ah Hui 96270903.

Kaki Bukit: JSM Motorsport, look for Victor 91824688 (mod lights specialist.)

JB: WeCare at Permas Jaya, book in advance, Francis Chin +6073866933

All above can bring your own spare-parts and they charge labor....

Anyhow, all above WS must also exercise and perform what all Singaporeans do, BARGAIN! :lol:

Google for their exact location.

*had used all of them. Services are decent.

Thanks dyeeng

much appreciatedūüĎć

Not realli new to mercs but am rather surprise,the amount of secrecy to all dis info.

pm here pm there!

c'mon guys?

another my points of contention is ppl ask for wshop in the east ,in the west,anywhere NEAR their house! 

Our merk are all hi powered machine,it will b a joy to swing over to the best recommended ws

even to the other side of the. island.

we dun visit dis shop every week,every month

of coarse ,dis is only my take on proceeding.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Folks. Anyone have tried servicing at any reliable workshop in JB? Thanks in advance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I strongly recommend Hann Auto Pte Ltd locate at Mega @ Woodlands #03-22.¬†The boss is super friendly and honest and really handle¬†my¬†car With care. Good price, Good service. Give you a Thumb UpūüĎć

image.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/09/2018 at 8:20 AM, fesa704 said:

Thanks dyeeng

much appreciatedūüĎć

Not realli new to mercs but am rather surprise,the amount of secrecy to all dis info.

pm here pm there!

c'mon guys?

another my points of contention is ppl ask for wshop in the east ,in the west,anywhere NEAR their house! 

Our merk are all hi powered machine,it will b a joy to swing over to the best recommended ws

even to the other side of the. island.

we dun visit dis shop every week,every month

of coarse ,dis is only my take on proceeding.

I think the reason why people PM instead of share workshop information openly is because they don't want to seem like they are advertising for the workshop or be accused of self-promoting. Luckily self promotion isn't a huge issue in this forum. 

Also, the good thing about Merc is that they are relatively simple to service and there is a huge Merc population in Singapore. Most competent workshops will be able to service Mercs. There is no need to go to a specific workshop and I wouldn't say that there is a best workshop to service a Merc, except maybe, C&C. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi Guys & gals

juzz bump into fantastic deal,tot u fellas must b interested

Dats my w212 quotation
Mercedes-Benz E250 7G

Genuine Fuel Filter - $560
Labour for all replacements - $120
*Downtime 2 hours.  

Retail Price = $680.00
Member Price = $596.00
Member GMP Price = $548.40 (Promo ends 31st Dec 2018)

Please note that prices quoted are before GST & subjected to change without prior notice.


*note:as it stands now another 10% off for genuine mb parts.

is it a giveaway or what?

think dey have another deal where u can purchase 3 minor svcs plus 1 major for an X amount.

F...ing awesome deal ,if u ask me.

Called & ask for ms Leslie

IMG_7016.PNG

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, rbttan said:

Was quoted for W204 ECU replacement at 1.2k, is it reasonable?  Thank you.

Where ,who?

noes of some shop who can do a refurbishment on the ECU,change all the ic inside but dat one also close to 4 figure also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/11/2018 at 0:33 PM, fesa704 said:


Hi Guys & gals

juzz bump into fantastic deal,tot u fellas must b interested

Dats my w212 quotation
Mercedes-Benz E250 7G

Genuine Fuel Filter - $560
Labour for all replacements - $120
*Downtime 2 hours.  

Retail Price = $680.00
Member Price = $596.00
Member GMP Price = $548.40 (Promo ends 31st Dec 2018)

Please note that prices quoted are before GST & subjected to change without prior notice.


*note:as it stands now another 10% off for genuine mb parts.

is it a giveaway or what?

think dey have another deal where u can purchase 3 minor svcs plus 1 major for an X amount.

F...ing awesome deal ,if u ask me.

Called & ask for ms Leslie

IMG_7016.PNG

i have done my atf change with themÔľĆmy radiator hose is leaking and i told them i will go to another workshop that did my radiator previously, out of surprise, they even send. me photos of where is leaking and. what needs to. be changed so¬†that¬†i know what needs to. be changed. imoÔľĆ i think they did a great jobÔľĆprice is good as well. not pushy no hard sell and they have crazy promos at times! ūüĎć recommended!

PS: i changed the hoses at jks instead. ūüėĀ

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/11/2018 at 0:03 PM, Aidil said:

Hi Folks. Anyone have tried servicing at any reliable workshop in JB? Thanks in advance. 

avoid MB auto garage, the owner name is Gan, overrated and bad business ethicsÔľĆ blocked me on fb when i commented on his service. Avoid at all cost!! located at permas jaya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Folks, I was informed by one workshop that my ignition mechanism may break down anytime (based on the sound when you insert or remove the key). May I check whether any folks had changed the ignition mechanism before? Any workshop to recommend for 2nd opinion. TIA. (Model : W204)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JB workshop - look for Kenny Chai. Its located just outside KSL shopping centre. Decent price for oil change (total damage for my 221 - MR580 or SGD190 = saving of SGD90).

Leng Seng service centre, 181 Jln Dato Sulaiman, 80250 Century garden JB. Tel: 019-7774559

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dyeeng said:

JB workshop - look for Kenny Chai. Its located just outside KSL shopping centre. Decent price for oil change (total damage for my 221 - MR580 or SGD190 = saving of SGD90).

Leng Seng service centre, 181 Jln Dato Sulaiman, 80250 Century garden JB. Tel: 019-7774559

Oil change?

anywhere also have!

its the quality & the ethics of the place , dat to me is important.

cannot anyhow recommend,try to repair rather than replace.

dats some workshop who gives u percentage of yr wear&stear in,say pads still got 40% ,rotor?prepare to change on yr next shop visit.

i have one workshop who recommend to change my suspension,I ask y,leaking?

dey says my shock absorber OLD alrady!!

Waa Lau eh

‚ÄĘanwae,b careful of cheap oil in Malaysia,used to hear of recycle oil being sold as new in Malaysia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/12/2018 at 1:57 PM, KC19 said:

Hi Folks, I was informed by one workshop that my ignition mechanism may break down anytime (based on the sound when you insert or remove the key). May I check whether any folks had changed the ignition mechanism before? Any workshop to recommend for 2nd opinion. TIA. (Model : W204)

Yup

the biggest bug bear in the earlier C class its dis problem.

its a 4 figure damage,mind u.

Its a veri good car,see so many on the road,used to owns one of the earliest with the

kompressor engine.

Guess ,dats the reason dey go keyless ,no needs to shaft it in & twist.

any guys who contemplates dat period of the 204 preown ,u must try to cover dat in yr warranty or purchase from republic,the wing man of see&see.

i go back c&c do,ya ya ,u might as well try JKS now dey got offer.

even original mercs part got promo.

do it fast,think ending in December.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 4:10 PM, Jeffy88 said:

avoid MB auto garage, the owner name is Gan, overrated and bad business ethicsÔľĆ blocked me on fb when i commented on his service. Avoid at all cost!! located at permas jaya.

GoodūüĎć for u to point dat out.

sometimes all dis shop USED to b good but as many things in life ,it's revolving.

I always like to compare it to Football,sometimes u win ,sometimes u loose ,other time draw!

yup,expose them.

dats what the www is all about.

it can bring joy & grief in equal measure!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2018 at 7:40 AM, fesa704 said:

Yup

the biggest bug bear in the earlier C class its dis problem.

its a 4 figure damage,mind u.

Its a veri good car,see so many on the road,used to owns one of the earliest with the

kompressor engine.

Guess ,dats the reason dey go keyless ,no needs to shaft it in & twist.

any guys who contemplates dat period of the 204 preown ,u must try to cover dat in yr warranty or purchase from republic,the wing man of see&see.

i go back c&c do,ya ya ,u might as well try JKS now dey got offer.

even original mercs part got promo.

do it fast,think ending in December.

 

 

Thank you Fesa704. I had settled the ignition problem. Cheers, KC

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/12/2018 at 10:49 PM, KC19 said:

Thank you Fesa704. I had settled the ignition problem. Cheers, KC

 

Can u elaborate?

which workshop,the damage for all & sundries Who is interested.

dun keep it to yrself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/11/2018 at 10:04 PM, SQ88 said:

I think the reason why people PM instead of share workshop information openly is because they don't want to seem like they are advertising for the workshop or be accused of self-promoting. Luckily self promotion isn't a huge issue in this forum. 

Also, the good thing about Merc is that they are relatively simple to service and there is a huge Merc population in Singapore. Most competent workshops will be able to service Mercs. There is no need to go to a specific workshop and I wouldn't say that there is a best workshop to service a Merc, except maybe, C&C. 

Dun say I agree with u there.

believe good stuff ,got to share likewise if u have any bad x'perience put it out in the open& we discuss.

the reason behind dis PM thingy is quite typical of the local culture here,monkey see,monkey do, NOT advertising or promoting as u mention.

everybody buy from dis stall,it must b good!

mb simple to service ,NO,toyota is simple or most Japanese or Korean.

its a premium product after all,dun think u fancy any wshop who do a trial & error on yr mb.

we dun visit ws every month,why u wan's to gamble,stick with the specialise mercs shop,dats all I can says.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry Fesa704, I am not familiar with the rules on posting especially on pricing information. To declare, I am not related to this WS and not advertising either. The information below is solely for sharing.

WS: Kompressor Automotive at Kaki Bukit

Damage : $950 +7%GST

Parts Changed : Steering Lock Replacement + programing (more like ignition thingy being replaced)     

 

Do PM me if require further information  

Cheers.       

                            

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/12/2018 at 6:59 AM, KC19 said:

Sorry Fesa704, I am not familiar with the rules on posting especially on pricing information. To declare, I am not related to this WS and not advertising either. The information below is solely for sharing.

WS: Kompressor Automotive at Kaki Bukit

Damage : $950 +7%GST

Parts Changed : Steering Lock Replacement + programing (more like ignition thingy being replaced)     

 

Do PM me if require further information  

Cheers.       

                            

Ali

anything under 4 figures is good price.

good for u to share

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to share this with fellow owners. I just did the major service, service B, on my W212 E200 at Kee Yong Automotives. I must say they are reasonable and does a good job. My compliments to Dave who communicated with me, I would recommend this workshop for your precious MB car servicing. I changed all my brakes and it definitely cost very much less than C&C. I had compared with other workshops mentioned here including MB Auto Garage in JB. I must say that Kee Yong is reasonable. MB Auto Garage is not cheap and they cost about same as the sg workshops so no reason to go all the way there. In any case Kee Yong gives 6 months warranty for their work. Hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now