• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

2017 E Class

darksaint

5 minutes ago, chuapc said:

E200 Exclusive.

It is nice! You will have the Mercedes three-pointed star on the bonnet and the Nappa Leather seat instead of the Artico Leather seat in the Avantgarde model.

4 minutes ago, Merc Lover said:

It is nice! You will have the Mercedes three-pointed star on the bonnet and the Nappa Leather seat instead of the Artico Leather seat in the Avantgarde model.

Thanks. I like the traditional STAR on the bonnet and the soft nappa leather as I'm an old man. If not I would've booked the E250 Avantgrade for the additional HP instead. 

1 minute ago, chuapc said:

Thanks. I like the traditional STAR on the bonnet and the soft nappa leather as I'm an old man. If not I would've booked the E250 Avantgrade for the additional HP instead. 

I think HP is not so important as the roads here do not warrant to have very powerful car. Comfort is more important to me too! The traditional STAR look is nice! Does your car comes with the 2 x 12.3 Inch Display?

5 minutes ago, chuapc said:

I fully understand. There's a certain feeling to seeing the 3-pointed star when you are behind the steering wheel.

6 minutes ago, Merc Lover said:

I think HP is not so important as the roads here do not warrant to have very powerful car. Comfort is more important to me too! The traditional STAR look is nice! Does your car comes with the 2 x 12.3 Inch Display?

No as need to topup $15300 for widescreen and Comand online. As for HP, E200 is 27hp less than my present W212FL E250. But anyway am eager to collect my car next Tuesday.   

1 hour ago, Merc Lover said:

I think the Singapore Avantgarde has real leather, not Artico. SE told me when asked.

• 1 month later...
On 30/06/2017 at 0:03 AM, www888 said:

I was told that E250 comes with Apple Carpaly. Can anyone confirm or share how this works? And does it comes with Android Auto to connect with Android phones so that you can use Google maps for navi? Thanks.

Figured out. Must go to main home menu then select Connect -- can find Apple CarPlay and Android Auto there. But have to connect phone by cable to USB port that is linked to the display.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Merc Fan said:

Hi Chuapc,

You mentioned that you paid 266888 for E200 Exclusive. with one12.3"LED. I thought the LED screen is much smaller like those in the E200 Avantgarde models?

Yes you are right. The screen is much smaller at 8.4" only. 

4 minutes ago, chuapc said:

Yes you are right. The screen is much smaller at 8.4" only. 

Why C&C doesn't bring in the 12.3 inch navigation screen which I have seen online even though the speedo is not the flat screen? C&C brings in the lowest spec for the navigation screen :( 

In your case,  why didn't you go for E250 avantgarde as you are already half way there when you paid extra for the exclusive model?

19 minutes ago, Merc Fan said:

Why C&C doesn't bring in the 12.3 inch navigation screen which I have seen online even though the speedo is not the flat screen? C&C brings in the lowest spec for the navigation screen :( 

In your case,  why didn't you go for E250 avantgarde as you are already half way there when you paid extra for the exclusive model?

Because I prefer the exterior and interior of the Exclusive model and the price for the E250 Exclusive is too much more than the E200 Exclusive. E250 has the power that I like. 

21 minutes ago, Merc Fan said:

Yes, the price for E250 Exclusive is too much! But you are not interested in the widescreen of the E250 that many talk about here?

If u look at the cost price PDF available in onemotoring, the e200 exclusive offers the best omv to selling price ratio. So in a way , the e200 exclusive is the most value for money

On 6/30/2017 at 0:03 AM, www888 said:

I was told that E250 comes with Apple Carpaly. Can anyone confirm or share how this works? And does it comes with Android Auto to connect with Android phones so that you can use Google maps for navi? Thanks.

FYI all mercs no Android Auto yet due to information collection from the app. Only Apple Carplay is available.

15 hours ago, michaelleongchangliat said:

If u look at the cost price PDF available in onemotoring, the e200 exclusive offers the best omv to selling price ratio. So in a way , the e200 exclusive is the most value for money

No leh. OMV:Selling Price ratios below:

E200 AMG is 56434:276888, which is 0.204

E200 AVG is 52484:258888, which is 0.203

E200 Exclusive is 55473:266888, which is 0.208

E250 AMG is 60532:293888, which is 0.206

E250 AVG is 57784:275888, which is 0.209

E250 Exclusive is 59756:284888, which is 0.210

E300 AMG is 67525:310888, which is 0.217

In terms of OMV:Selling Price ratio, E200 Exclusive is not the best, but it is not the worst. The worst value is E200 AVG and the best value is E300 AMG.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ACEGabz said:

FYI all mercs no Android Auto yet due to information collection from the app. Only Apple Carplay is available.

Not true. Comand Connect function includes Android Auto. Just need to find a way to download Android Auto app to your Android phone, connect using USB and it works.

1 hour ago, swissfondue said:

No leh. OMV:Selling Price ratios below:

E200 AMG is 56434:276888, which is 0.204

E200 AVG is 52484:258888, which is 0.203

E200 Exclusive is 55473:266888, which is 0.208

E250 AMG is 60532:293888, which is 0.206

E250 AVG is 57784:275888, which is 0.209

E250 Exclusive is 59756:284888, which is 0.210

E300 AMG is 67525:310888, which is 0.217

In terms of OMV:Selling Price ratio, E200 Exclusive is not the best, but it is not the worst. The worst value is E200 AMG and the best value is E300 AMG.

Wah. I was wrong, because I based my assumption on the similar mark up on cost that e200 exclusive has on the e200 avantgarde. 

Generally the exclusive is quite value for money as the omv is usually higher. Unlike the AMG model, which typically get marginal increase in omv over exclusive. At the end of day, car purchase is not all about numbers also haha. 

7 hours ago, michaelleongchangliat said:

Wah. I was wrong, because I based my assumption on the similar mark up on cost that e200 exclusive has on the e200 avantgarde. 

Generally the exclusive is quite value for money as the omv is usually higher. Unlike the AMG model, which typically get marginal increase in omv over exclusive. At the end of day, car purchase is not all about numbers also haha. 

The worst is E200 Avantgarde with 0.203 ratio?