• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Servicing alternatives

Jiannshan

Dear all,

I am new here so pardon me if i said anything wrong or stupid.

My ride is reaching the end of its 3 years warrenty and i will need to go for my major 60k servicing soon.

Are there any alternate and reliable workshops for benz in singapore for me to go to?

I have not checked how much this service will cost me at C&C but judging that they are charging me in excess of $500 pretty much gives me an indication. Changing of 4 brake pads also set me back at around $700 plus.

Comments appreciated. Thanks guys!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For normal servicing (engine oil, oil filter less spark plug) will cost u less than $300, Top93 can do servicing too. Wear brake pads and rotor front & rear around $550 (Goldenlink) & labour around $150. C&C conduct all the simi 100 points check but outside workshop i doubt they check thoroughly for u. U can held c&c for failure to check but outside workshop?? Spark plugs is recommended to change at 60km. Check with our site sponsor workshop and compare pricing.

I'll be sending my car in for 60k servicing come Tuesday. Car will be 2 years old on 30th August. Yes! I do drive a lot for work!

IMHO, Singapore car owners generally care too much about mileage. The maximum lifespan of a car here is 10 years. Pay high COE, road tax, insurance, ERP, etc. might as well use till shiok! What for pay so much already and leave the car sleeping at home and for the next owner to enjoy while you absorb the depreciation!

• Like 2

IMHO, Singapore car owners generally care too much about mileage. The maximum lifespan of a car here is 10 years. Pay high COE, road tax, insurance, ERP, etc. might as well use till shiok! What for pay so much already and leave the car sleeping at home and for the next owner to enjoy while you absorb the depreciation!

In my case, not much choice...so on weekends I drive like mad.....

Spoon feeding teaches you nothing....but the shape of the spoon...

He is chauffeured everyday in  Mercedes Benz leh... Only drive his own on weekends.... :D  :D  :D

In my case, not much choice...so on weekends I drive like mad.....

• Like 1

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

How'd you guys manage to get such milage... I'm a weekend driver so on average 500km per month...

I drive daily for business.

Did a 60k service on my W245 today at Chip Soon.  Items replaced are Mobil 1 oil, oil filter, drain plug, air filter, aircon filter, spark plugs, brake fluid, coolant, transmission fluid + filter + gasket, front bad pads +sensors + discs Total came to $1360 inclusive GST. Parts used are original MB. Half day job.

Vinyl Is Sexy!

Did a 60k service on my W245 today at Chip Soon.  Items replaced are Mobil 1 oil, oil filter, drain plug, air filter, aircon filter, spark plugs, brake fluid, coolant, transmission fluid + filter + gasket, front bad pads +sensors + discs Total came to $1360 inclusive GST. Parts used are original MB. Half day job.

Sounds reasonable. What did C&C quote u for the 60k? 

Sounds reasonable. What did C&C quote u for the 60k? 

It wasn't so much the amount that C&C will charge but for the fact that they need 3 working days to do half a day's job that put me off from going to them since my W245 is out of warranty and I now have a choice where I send it to.

• Like 5

Vinyl Is Sexy!

It wasn't so much the amount that C&C will charge but for the fact that they need 3 working days to do half a day's job that put me off from going to them since my W245 is out of warranty and I now have a choice where I send it to.

I strongly agree with Nightfly Bro regarding to the C&C down time.... 

i have a very weird mental barrier in regards to car servicing... i have never went to other workshop for servicing, previously on Borneo and now C&C... i always think that for a little more that you pay, you get the piece of mind...

i am now on 53K mileage.... i am seriously thinking to overcome this mental barrier that i have for years, to go for outside workshop when i reach 60K...

The inconvenience that is going to bring about is my main reason for bringing the business outside.

People can do in half a day and they do in 3 days and charging more than double the price?

Besides, cars at 60k are nearing the end of their warranty. I'm one of those who ditched it.