• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Advise on 3rd Party Claim

jon

Hi, yesterday my wife drove my other car (Camry) and met an accident. My car only slight scratches however the other car is quite bad. The repair cost for the damaged car is $4k based on evaluation by the workshop. They refuse to use our workshop and insisted on his.

The problem is, the insurer is me and not my wife. So my insurance cannot cover the repair cost right?

What would be the options i have in order not to use our pocket money?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Did you register your wife as an authorized driver of the car with the insurance? If she is, should be able to claim. I remember on the Chartis from provided by C&C, you can insert in secondary driver. Call your insurance provider to enquire?

Did you register your wife as an authorized driver of the car with the insurance? If she is, should be able to claim. I remember on the Chartis from provided by C&C, you can insert in secondary driver. Call your insurance provider to enquire?

No she is not.

Chartis dun required named drivers, as long as d owner gave permission to dat driver, it will be covered. If for other insurer which required named drivers but u didn't add in d named drivers, still covered but with higher Excess. Diff insurer diff wordings, which insurer u insured with?

• Like 1

Chartis dun required named drivers, as long as d owner gave permission to dat driver, it will be covered. If for other insurer which required named drivers but u didn't add in d named drivers, still covered but with higher Excess. Diff insurer diff wordings, which insurer u insured with?

Aviva

Should be claimable, juz need to pay excess, but NCD will be reduced from 50% to 20%, dat means premium will be higher come next renewal.

Tio!! Provided our fren purchase the insurance as per title :)

Hi, yesterday my wife drove my other car (Camry) and met an accident. My car only slight scratches however the other car is quite bad. The repair cost for the damaged car is $4k based on evaluation by the workshop. They refuse to use our workshop and insisted on his.

The problem is, the insurer is me and not my wife. So my insurance cannot cover the repair cost right?

What would be the options i have in order not to use our pocket money?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Another thing, u hv d right to ask d other party to show u d list of repairs need to be done b4 he go ahead with d job, tis is to make sure he dun change anything not supposed to change, in case his workshop inflate d bills.

I just renewed with Chartis a week ago, they require me to fill up secondary driver info if any.

I just renewed with Chartis a week ago, they require me to fill up secondary driver info if any.

Actually not sure why they required u to fill up Sec driver upon renewal, is it becos at d back of d renewal notice there's a column for u to fill up Named drivers? Anyway, d truth is u dun need to anymore eversince Chartis implemented premium calculations based on diff age conditions few yrs ago, Named drivers is only for High end cars like Porsche, lambo, Masarati etc, all these high end cars are compulsory to hv Named drivers. I've done many claims under Chartis ins for others, it's claimable for drivers who are not d named drivers as long as permission was given by owner of d car for him/her to drive.

Anyway it's stated in d Chartis Renewal Schedule under "Person(s) entitled to Drive" somewhere below.

Actually not sure why they required u to fill up Sec driver upon renewal, is it becos at d back of d renewal notice there's a column for u to fill up Named drivers? Anyway, d truth is u dun need to anymore eversince Chartis implemented premium calculations based on diff age conditions few yrs ago, Named drivers is only for High end cars like Porsche, lambo, Masarati etc, all these high end cars are compulsory to hv Named drivers. I've done many claims under Chartis ins for others, it's claimable for drivers who are not d named drivers as long as permission was given by owner of d car for him/her to drive.

To be honest, I didn't ask. They sent me the form, I fill up and send back. They sent me the renewed policy a few days later. Didn't speak to anyone.

To be honest, I didn't ask. They sent me the form, I fill up and send back. They sent me the renewed policy a few days later. Didn't speak to anyone.

Oic, next renewal u can ignore dat but pls take note of EYIDR stated in d Schedule.

Oic, next renewal u can ignore dat but pls take note of EYIDR stated in d Schedule.

To be honest, I can't be bothered as long as I'm covered. I'm the only one driving anyway except on the rare occasion my dad wants to take my car out for a quick spin.

What's EYIDR?

Update. Spoken to Aviva and confirmed my wife not entitled for the claim... she say we have to pay ourself to the other party. Unless i opt for other driver(s) which is an option with additional charge than i can claim. So LL lor...

The damaged.... 4k for a lesson learned.

Update. Spoken to Aviva and confirmed my wife not entitled for the claim... she say we have to pay ourself to the other party. Unless i opt for other driver(s) which is an option with additional charge than i can claim. So LL lor...

The damaged.... 4k for a lesson learned.

Oh dear, now i know why Aviva is cheaper generally, a lot of ppl dat i know get from Aviva becos of lower premium, i better tell them to check if theirs opt for other driver(s) option.

Hmmm... Cannot be leh, u go back & check yr policy does its specifically say u are only the name driver? If didnt go & bang table!!

To be honest, I can't be bothered as long as I'm covered. I'm the only one driving anyway except on the rare occasion my dad wants to take my car out for a quick spin.

What's EYIDR?

Elderly - above age 65

Young - below age 23

Inexperience Driver - less than 2 years driving experience

The above will incurred additional of $3000 excess in addition to your policy excess, even they are named drivers.

It says- Insured Only

i take for granted not to check the policy or should i say, don't bother....

So to caution others who is buying, pay extra for the other driver's option to avoid situation like this.

[attachment removed by jon]

• Like 1

It says- Insured Only

i take for granted not to check the policy or should i say, don't bother....

So to caution others who is buying, pay extra for the other driver's option to avoid situation like this.

Frankly, for d past 20 yrs in tis trade tis is first time i come across ur situation. I only come across NTUC policy there's an option to cover Malaysia or not.

Frankly, for d past 20 yrs in tis trade tis is first time i come across ur situation. I only come across NTUC policy there's an option to cover Malaysia or not.

I think that is the reason why Aviva pricing is so low becos most items are optional.

I only pay $600 + for this policy for a camry 2.4. I thought since is a spare car, just buy cheap cheap mah....

So now, one shot have to return everything... haha... what a joke!