• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Advise on 3rd Party Claim

jon

I think that is the reason why Aviva pricing is so low becos most items are optional.

I only pay $600 + for this policy for a camry 2.4. I thought since is a spare car, just buy cheap cheap mah....

So now, one sort have to return everything... haha... what a joke!

Thanks for sharing bro, now i know how to convince Aviva clients to switch to my side :) Biz opportunities!

Update. Spoken to Aviva and confirmed my wife not entitled for the claim... she say we have to pay ourself to the other party. Unless i opt for other driver(s) which is an option with additional charge than i can claim. So LL lor...

The damaged.... 4k for a lesson learned.

Like that also can ah? Touch wood if very very serious one how? Only cover owner only, that mean your wife driving with no insurance coverage?

Like that also can ah? Touch wood if very very serious one how? Only cover owner only, that mean your wife driving with no insurance coverage?

Actually it's important to know wat is d basic coverage by checking with d insurer especially those purchased thru online, when they quote u super cheap don't be too happy, find out wat is d difference, or find out from an agent..

Hi, yesterday my wife drove my other car (Camry) and met an accident. My car only slight scratches however the other car is quite bad. The repair cost for the damaged car is $4k based on evaluation by the workshop. They refuse to use our workshop and insisted on his.

The problem is, the insurer is me and not my wife. So my insurance cannot cover the repair cost right?

What would be the options i have in order not to use our pocket money?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Maybe u can tell d other party still go ahead claim ur ins, maybe Aviva blur blur pay out d claim, if Aviva rejected d claim then u pay lor, u prepared to pay anyway.

Chartis condition 5) allows personor classes of person entitled to drive with a condition.

227b626c.jpg

Chartis condition 5) allows personor classes of person entitled to drive with a condition.

227b626c.jpg

Yup, dat means as long as d owner has given d permission to drive, it is covered, with d condition stated in d COI.

Yup, dat means as long as d owner has given d permission to drive, it is covered, with d condition stated in d COI.

Yes, Aviva has this also and I thought I'm covered. But later I realised this is an option item and need to pay to get this Claus in.

Yes, Aviva has this also and I thought I'm covered. But later I realised this is an option item and need to pay to get this Claus in.

Wah lous eh!! Where got such thing one! Like buying mercedes benz like that, everything is option and need to pay extra one.

Wah lous eh!! Where got such thing one! Like buying mercedes benz like that, everything is option and need to pay extra one.

Aviva is smart, they know low premium attracts ppl, so they make it an option let ppl choose d cheaper one, tis is d first time i heard got such option for car ins.

This is the first time I have heard of this as well. What if your car was damaged when driven by a valet? Or a car mechanic? Where got insurance just cover named driver ONLY?

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

This is this first time I have heard of this as well. What if your car was damaged when driven by a valet? Or a car mechanic? Where got insurance just cover named driver ONLY?

That is why one should opt for this clause that your car be insured by the person who drive with your permission which I didn't opt for... However, it seems like only Aviva sell this separately...

That is why one should opt for this clause that your car be insured by the person who drive with your permission which I didn't opt for... However, it seems like only Aviva sell this separately...

So u were expressly explain on this condition? Before sign the contract? And u choose not to go for the option?

So u were expressly explain on this condition? Before sign the contract? And u choose not to go for the option?

I dun tink anybody will choose tis option knowing dat he's not driving d car right?

Tks Jon, for sharing aBt Aviva. Oso, I would ask to see what repairs r being quoted, in case excess unnecessary items r listed. Oso, since now I am paying, I might even insist not using their workshop if I can find cheaper reliable source. Yr car only scratches , how serious can their car be?

..sorri to hear abt the damage...$ ie... Tk god no injuries..

...Only wondering out loud... Hehe..:)

Ok, that is the problem.... the Aviva insurance are thru on-line application. After you submit the application, they will send you a quotation and if you are ok with the price, you pay on line via visa. No face-to-face by any service staff through out the process....

Tks Jon, for sharing aBt Aviva. Oso, I would ask to see what repairs r being quoted, in case excess unnecessary items r listed. Oso, since now I am paying, I might even insist not using their workshop if I can find cheaper reliable source. Yr car only scratches , how serious can their car be?

..sorri to hear abt the damage...$ ie... Tk god no injuries..

...Only wondering out loud... Hehe.. :)

The problem is the accident happened when i was overseas. When i'm back, the other party car was already in the workshop in Sin Ming. My wife's boss went down to see the damage and nego with the workshop and strike a deal with a fixed quotation without additional charges there after and last evening the final price agreed was 3.2k (repair + replacement car). I think this price is quite reasonable liao.... That guy insisted using his workshop and we can't dispute it since at the first place we are in the wrong... my wife bump into his butt... and the boot alignment was out and cannot close..

The problem is the accident happened when i was overseas. When i'm back, the other party car was already in the workshop in Sin Ming. My wife's boss went down to see the damage and nego with the workshop and strike a deal with a fixed quotation without additional charges there after and last evening the final price agreed was 3.2k (repair + replacement car). I think this price is quite reasonable liao.... That guy insisted using his workshop and we can't dispute it since at the first place we are in the wrong... my wife bump into his butt... and the boot alignment was out and cannot close..

...oh I see. Tk god yr wife's boss helped her..now must buy him kopi....another cost..;)..haha... Kidding..;)!

...@ least we all learn from u...Aviva motor insurance oso suitable for single drivers... There again , even I won't buy, in case there's jus tt occasion a Frd needs to drive my car or wad.... Beta to cover all unnamed drivers too.

..Tq...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sometimes insurance got to hunt around. Get a few quotes to compare, you'll find that different insurer may quote differently. 1 insurer offer cheap insurance for other makes doesn't mean they will price cheaper than others for our rides. So buying insurance got to shop around too.

Also, we are all familiar with the clause "young and inexperienced driver" having higher excess. I have also came across a clause that "elderly driver" (cant remember the exact wording) also got higher excess. Don't think this is common but no harm checking if this clause us going to be any concern.