• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Pre-owned B170/B200

Dunbine

Anyone bought their used Merc from republic auto ? As it include one year extended warranty ?

Yes there are few members got their ride from them. Infact they are our site sponsor, u may want to ask them their extended one year warranty coverage etc

hi hi,

thanks for the reply.

i reckon i should be going for the B200/T. however my worry is that if the engine/gearbox will be function all right for a 5-6 year old car. partly cos B klasse has a generally shorter product history than the rest as well.

Bro, the only problem my sister had was the whining sound. It may be the belt. Do look out for that. Otherwise, its ok.

Its good to buy from Republic as they offer extended warranty.

My ex mistresses....

9394559638_9f28a394db.jpg

Actually I have make a deposit for one of the model used car with them but I am afraid of the reliability

if you've already paid the deposit, then just go enjoy the car and dun think too much liao la .... :) 

dun worry we have enough experience floating around to help you sort thru most problems you may have! 

In 2011 I bought a B170, 2009 from a dealer at Ubi. I didn't even test drive, just cash n drive. They follow up with the paperwork.

I think B170 is just like any other BB car except for the electronic. They do have some very useful sensors. E.g tyre pressure.

Overall it's quite a good ride.

There is a user manual beside the First Aid Kits. Just refer to the service interval tables.

At 50k I replaced the CVT Oil, Sparks ( iridium), Battery. Next change should be at 100k.

Not sure whether its necessary to change the CVT oil. It was like new when they drain it out.

Best to replace the copper sparks to Iridium spark. My ride did stalk a few times with copper sparks.

For normal services, you can do it at any workshop. Just buy your own engine oil/filter, get a workshop to

Replace for you. Usually $20-40 for labour.

You can reset the cluster( services interval alarm) take only 5 mins. DIY

Can also consider upgrading your brake pads to ATE pads ( dust free ).

Most of the information is available in this forum.

Just do a search for Brake Pad, cluster........ n it's all there.

For normal servicing I just drive around n find a workshop that can do it on the spot.

Only changing of engine oil n filter it's very straight forward.

Some ws try to charge you around $80 just for resetting of cluster.

You just DIY.

Just insert your key and turn clockwise 1 click then press your reset button on the odometer 3 times.

The display will show Battery Voltage, you then use the steer wheel select button to enter the System.

You can play with all kind of setting.