• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

lowering springs for c180 cgi

rabid

hi all,

currently driving a 2010 pre FL c180 cgi.

i notice the gap is larger compared to the new FL c180 7g/kompressors.

anyone knows if i can use the FL springs for my car and if spring rate will be an issue for the absorbers?

not wanting to use aftermarket parts yet- intending to keep my car "stock" till the 3rd year at least.

Doc, even if you change to parts from other MBs, it still won't be "stock" to C&C.

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

Waiting to see if Barney will post and offer his pearls of wisdom. cos your only sure-fire ways to reduce the gap would be 1) aftermarket or 2) cut springs like yc3333. By right, standard bits and bobs should have same specs.

but i see stock cars with smaller gaps than mine leh. even the ones in the showroom.

trying very hard not to go the aftermarket route.. cut springs? too fierce! that will definitely affect the spring rate..

where's barney?

probably at the bmw or porsche showroom now....(dont say I say one)

actually i am hoping someone will know the part number of those w204 the came with AMG sport package, coz from factory the drop is a comfy 0.75" compared to non-AMG w204. not sure if it is just shorter springs or shocks are also diff...

Having a long lunch and just came back. hehe Yes, I confirm Brubber Rabid's "gap" is pretty wide (car lah). Especally obvious when parked side by side. Of course handling wise, lower is better, but think of it this way, can just drive through humps.

Whack the car until all 4 kantong spoil then claim warranty lah!!! :devil:

• Like 1

i just "liked" ur post barney.

actually tsktsk, just give me the VRN or chassis number of any AMG packaged car i can check the part no. of the springs.

but, will the AMG springs cause any problems? spring rate and matching with the shocks?

but i see stock cars with smaller gaps than mine leh. even the ones in the showroom.

trying very hard not to go the aftermarket route.. cut springs? too fierce! that will definitely affect the spring rate..

where's barney?

Driver is heavier, hence car is lower. I'll suggest u go on a massive weight gain exercise to achieve that lowered look.

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

i just "liked" ur post barney.

actually tsktsk, just give me the VRN or chassis number of any AMG packaged car i can check the part no. of the springs.

but, will the AMG springs cause any problems? spring rate and matching with the shocks?

When springs are stiffer, wear and tear for the absorbers will definitely be faster. IMHO, as long as you use original MB parts, I don't think you will have any warranty issues with C & C. And I really do not think you have a problem with sourcing MB parts bro. You and I know the reason......lol

Now, I do realize that it's pretty common for w204 owners to change their absorbers within 2-3 years. For me, my front absorbers were changed before 30,000km and less than 2 years......springs too stiff?

Driver is heavier, hence car is lower. I'll suggest u go on a massive weight gain exercise to achieve that lowered look.

Omg, where the hell did you disappear too bro. Was searching high and low for you. Thought u work and park at my office.

hehe tts right bro, tts why trying to keep to original merc parts.

trying to find out if other w204 springs like amg, c63 etc will be a direct replacment for my crappy stilt springs.

and w204 absorbers are known to be crappy. my front absorbers were changed out at 27k!

When springs are stiffer, wear and tear for the absorbers will definitely be faster. IMHO, as long as you use original MB parts, I don't think you will have any warranty issues with C & C. And I really do not think you have a problem with sourcing MB parts bro. You and I know the reason......lol

Now, I do realize that it's pretty common for w204 owners to change their absorbers within 2-3 years. For me, my front absorbers were changed before 30,000km and less than 2 years......springs too stiff?

Any AMG package w204 bro willing to share your vin? Perhaps shocks are also diff for those with this AMG sport suspy... Would be great to know if can retrofit to non-AMG w204.

yup. anyone willing to share can pm me. jus the chassis number will do! kopi on me!

Aiyah, I last time also die die want that lowered look. Simi lowering springs lah, Taiwanese, Jipun or Tek Kok coilovers also try before. In the end stock is really best. Comfort rules at the end of the day, driving mar ser lee leh.

• Like 1

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Aiyah, I last time also die die want that lowered look. Simi lowering springs lah, Taiwanese, Jipun or Tek Kok coilovers also try before. In the end stock is really best. Comfort rules at the end of the day, driving mar ser lee leh.

Agree stock is best lah bro, but hor, his car's gap really exceptionally wide.....

now a bit lower liao, i asked my fat colleagues to sit in each corner for 2 hrs each.

i also agree stock best. i try before quite a few suspension mods, its really the last thing u wanna touch on a car.. maserlee not not:) kenna some rly super troublesome problem before..

see how lor. anyone got tua jia contacts?

Whilst just going for a lowered springs will achieve a lowered look, there are 2 disadvantages:

1. your stock SHOCKS are not meant for lowered springs >> The results in an unbalanced spring/shocks combination and it WILL be comfortable

2. your stock SHOCKS will Wear off Sooner

As such, the advice is to go for either a spring/shock combination or coilovers. This will provide the right tuning combination for your suspension.

Custom tuning Performance ECU since 2003. Direct ECU and Piggyback Custom tuning options are available. Original and Aftermarket Aesthetic, Multimedia and Performance Parts are also available.

Email: [email protected] :: Whatsapp/SMS/mobile: +6582988648 :: Http://www.facebook.com/Doctor.Hannson/

hehe tts right bro, tts why trying to keep to original merc parts.

trying to find out if other w204 springs like amg, c63 etc will be a direct replacment for my crappy stilt springs.

and w204 absorbers are known to be crappy. my front absorbers were changed out at 27k!

Just to share a nice bro actually let me try installing a C63 AMG shock and springs on my ride when i told him i wanted to lower my ride. After installing, WOW i take corner like F1 car but comfort also like a F1 car (Btw it was be a direct replacment).

sounds good.

direct fit for pre FL w204? whats your ride?

i suppose you have the c63 springs on now ya? do u have the part number?

Just to share a nice bro actually let me try installing a C63 AMG shock and springs on my ride when i told him i wanted to lower my ride. After installing, WOW i take corner like F1 car but comfort also like a F1 car (Btw it was be a direct replacment).