• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

lowering springs for c180 cgi

rabid

thanks doc.. agree fully. not ideal but we sometimes make do!

the issue with my car is that i somehow feel its higher than stock! so i wanna try some stock springs first.. hehe

Whilst just going for a lowered springs will achieve a lowered look, there are 2 disadvantages:

1. your stock SHOCKS are not meant for lowered springs >> The results in an unbalanced spring/shocks combination and it WILL be comfortable

2. your stock SHOCKS will Wear off Sooner

As such, the advice is to go for either a spring/shock combination or coilovers. This will provide the right tuning combination for your suspension.

Our stock suspension just dun seem to last.

Had mine replaced when car only 4mths old.

2mths on, its giving me problems again.

Anyway, I dun recommend using e c63 suspension on our smaller cc car.

E weight distribution is way off. C63 should be using stiffer bushings to reduce wear to other suspension components.

hatch, its a known issue for w204s i had mine changed at 26k. now at 31k.

part of the reason why i am also considering the b12s u have for sale, am one of guys who texted u. pls let me know the confirmed price when u r back.

Our stock suspension just dun seem to last.

Had mine replaced when car only 4mths old.

2mths on, its giving me problems again.

Anyway, I dun recommend using e c63 suspension on our smaller cc car.

E weight distribution is way off. C63 should be using stiffer bushings to reduce wear to other suspension components.

• 2 weeks later...

Any AMG package w204 bro willing to share your vin? Perhaps shocks are also diff for those with this AMG sport suspy... Would be great to know if can retrofit to non-AMG w204.

yup. anyone willing to share can pm me. jus the chassis number will do! kopi on me!

Mine ride come with the AMG package.... what you guys want to see from the vin?

• Like 1

can PM me your car's chassis number? i can get a stockist contact to find out what springs u r on..

pls check shocks too bro... in case shock and spring diff from non-amg w204

thanks bro jon for sharing :goodjob:

Bro Rabid, Just PM my data card to you...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

updates:

sport package/amg springs+susp from my stockist cost more (even at cost) than the bilsteins 6/12 than some of our sponsors here.

How much is the sports package suspension?

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

I didn't know the AMG kit sports suspension can be retrofitted. So there'll be the Sports button on the dash to activate the stiffer suspension?

I didn't know the AMG kit sports suspension can be retrofitted. So there'll be the Sports button on the dash to activate the stiffer suspension?

More than that Mark, it also improves throttle response. Dun think that will be a simple retrofit.

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

The throttle response is besides the case, our normal cars without the AMG kit already has the E & S button to slightly "enhance" the throttle response. Just like the complications faced to retrofit ILS, I don't think the original AMG sports suspension is an easy retrofit, but I might be wrong.

The throttle response is besides the case, our normal cars without the AMG kit already has the E & S button to slightly "enhance" the throttle response. Just like the complications faced to retrofit ILS, I don't think the original AMG sports suspension is an easy retrofit, but I might be wrong.

I suppose u can just install it as it is. I do believe that the springs for the sports suspension are shorter resulting in a lower stance. Probably a lot most complicated to have the S button involved as there are electronic considerations. Change hardware not so headache but don't mess with the electronic stuff!

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

The sports button only changes the ECU setting. There's no active suspension in W204 AMG Sports Package model, hence there's no effect on the suspension setting with the sports button.

Really? Some say there is some say there isn't. Be sending my car in for servicing come monday, will ask the SA.

Really? Some say there is some say there isn't. Be sending my car in for servicing come monday, will ask the SA.

Mine is the AMG Sports Package susp/spring. According to the description, it only say lower/stiffer but never mention anything about this S buttom thinggy.

i believe there are 2 diff suspy set up here, one is just the humble AMG sport suspy found on the sport package which is non-adjustable but offers a 0.75" lowering and then there is the C63 AMG suspy which is adjustable in-cabin using the button.

for me, i am just hoping to understand more on the humble AMG sport suspy to achieve a slightly lowered ride height and hopefully it is a plug & play option into my W204 non-AMG stock ride.

i believe our c/s buttons changes the shift points and c starts off on 2nd gear while s on 1st, it should not have any relation to suspy, if your car has advance agility package (which is an option) then u can adjust the suspy firmer

correct me if i am wrong coz mine is just a base c180k :)