• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Nano Sealant Technology

I saw in BMW.sg our Merc nano sealant is actually rebranded Sonax products and there is one company do the same at better rate than CnC charged.

Not surprising.. There are alot of nano sealants or pps in the market, it would be good to shop around a little and get the best value

Just want to share my humble experience on PPS. Do not be con that PPS can last for 12 months or more. It all depends where you park your car and the environment your car is exposed to. For those who park their car under shelter all the time and don't drive through shipyards and construction sites then PPS can last 12 months or even more.

For myself, the carpark at my office do not have shelter. There's a huge sand storgae area nearby. Recently the construction of a MRT station started opposite my office. I got to wash my car almost 2 - 3 times a week. Good thing about PPS is you don't need detergent to wash your ride. Use water and microfiber washing mitt will do. After about 2 months I noticed the water beading thingy is still there. However, tree sap and bird shit do not come off as easily as the first week after I've done the PPS.

Conclusion is after applying PPS, you still need to wash your ride regularly (at least once a week) to prevent the dirt eating into your car's paintwork. Acid rain is also one of the main culprit that causes unsightly watermarks.

I used to DIY PPS on my previous rides. Each session is a solid 4 to 5 hours because I do not have the orbital machine. Nowadays i do not have the luxury of time so I send my ride for professional grooming.

The 2 criteria I look for in professional grooming is as follows;

1.) Skill --> I do not want a unskilled person to add more swirl marks to my ride.

2.) Price --> Expensive or cheap depends on individual's wallet capacity. I usually fo for those that range around $200 - $300 per session. Of course the price would be

lower if you sign up their package.

My advice is not to sign up for any package the first time you visit the groomer. Pay abit more for the 1st sesison. If you are satisfied with the quality and price then go ahead to sign up the package. As for the package, usually 4 full grooming session is sufficient for 1 year.

• Like 1

I agree. the product description with MB nano sealant is very similar with sonax's nano sealant and hence my decision to go with another brand.

I saw in BMW.sg our Merc nano sealant is actually rebranded Sonax products and there is one company do the same at better rate than CnC charged.

I honestly thought it is best beneficial to take advantage of the 50% nano sealant offer since it is like only $300 and you can decide later whether to go for the treatment again. The good thing about buying from C&C is because of their after sale service. If you find damages you can always force them to make good. That is provided that you are willing to make a scene. :)

The reason why I went for the treatment was because of my NS experience with waxing my BG's car for his driver and hell... I did it once and I will never do it again. It only took me about 20min weekly for me to shine my car.

I always do polishing on my car . Yes it takes at least 1-2hrs.

I did it myself cos non of the companies that provide this sealant that last 1yr can ans my question.

I only ask them how can they prove that the sealant is still on the car after 6mths to 9mths after the applications.

they can only said it will be there cos the manufacture states that it can bond to the car for 1yr.

Every time after polishing and sealant ,

one can feel the smoothness on the car surface. and water bead away fast

but as fast as after 1week. the smoothness is gone. water do not bead away and stays on the car surface

so does that means that the sealant is gone too.

so I do not trust them and do it myself, just seal and reseal again after 2week-1mth.

one way to know whether the sealant still on your car is by taking note how the water is formed/resting on your car. Google and you will know.

smoothness of the car doesnt really tell you anything if you dont bother cleaning your car. btw, one of the easiest way to remove water mark is using vinegar. :)

How much does C&C charge for NANO SEALANT?

Normal detailing/grooming session

-> A detailing session covering your entire vehicle from the exterior to the interior.. Paintwork correction stages depending on the condition of the car..

Anti-bacterial treatment to the interior with Tornado Gun technology as well as application specific areas such as leather, fabric, alcantara, dashboard matte dressing and treatment types.

Sealant

-> need to let it dry and prior to applying Paint Protect, we will need to remove all the scratches and swirls so work needs to be done on the paintwork first.

With Paint Protect, a touch-up session is recommended but optional once in 6 months just to spruce up the paintwork to make it look more refreshed and spring cleaned so technically you will only need to come back once throughout the period of Paint Protection. Then again, this is optional and dependent on your livelihood (i.e. if you shelter park daily or go Sepang every weekend or work in heavily soiled industrial environments).

Otherwise, if you car is Paint Protected, you will only need to maintain it with pure water and everything should rinse of quite easily. No waxing, or even any shampoo washing during the whole 12 months.

This is my take on DETAILING/GROOMING SESSION VS PAINT PROTECT SEALANT/NANO PAINT SEALANT..

PM if you need some lobang for PPS and detailing sessions.. I've got a good detailer who details all my cars for me.. :)

There seems to be some confusion between PPS and Nano Sealant. PPS and Sealant are totally different products. Nano sealant must be professionally applied and cannot DIY unless your are professionally trained. PPS on the other hand, can DIY according to the product instructions. Have attached some info on how Nano Sealant work below. Normally, sealant is enough to protect the car, however, as KiaSu Singaporeans, some (like myself) has gone further to apply a sealant compatible PPS over the sealant coat. This is because as time goes by, the PPS coat disintegrate and is has to be reapplied. The expensive sealant is still protecting the car below the PPS. Logically, by doing so, the sealant only has to be applied once, and can last for 1 to 2 years, the PPS is reapplied every 3 months or so for complete protection.

How Nano Sealants Work

The nano particles organise themselves to form a coating and bond with the surface after application. Once the nano particles are on or inside the surface, they proceed to wage a war against dirt, dust, algae or any evil intruder. For example, if the surface is smooth and non absorbent, then nano particles simply combine with the surface, and repel any liquid intruder. So no contaminants can infiltrate into the surface! On the other hand, if the treated surface happens to be porous, the nano particles fill up the pores from the inside. Fungus, lichen, algae and moss can no longer adhere to the surface. Dirt and liquids can't get into the surface anymore and are simply repelled.

Once the paint is protected using the coating, Dampness and dirt can no longer get through and are simply repelled. Have to allow some time for the coating to develop its full anti adhesive characteristics.

One hour after treatment ….

About one hour after the treatment, the coating can be wipe with clean cloth

hwnwrks2.jpg

One day after treatment….

After about one day or up to two days, the coating develops its full anti adhesive characteristics. The surface tension decreases through the coating, so that liquids and contaminants can no longer adhere and are simply repelled. The look, texture and breathability of the treated materials are not affected.

hwnrks3.jpg

One year after treatment…

A nano coating can last up to one year. All you have to do is re-seal and continue enjoying the same protection.

Nano Sealants at work

The advantage of a nano coating is that it is heat resistant up to 450 degrees Celsius as well as UV stable and frost resistant. So any treated surface become stronger and scratch resistant, and average mechanical wear does almost no harm to the surface. Sealed surfaces can even be cleaned with a high-pressure cleaner.

Removing the coating

In the strict sense of the word, removal is not possible with force. Nano power is bonded power at the atomic level, though scrubbing or scouring will damage the treated surfaces, and it’s still impossible to remove the sealant entirely.

Durability of a sealant:

The durability of a nano sealant depends on different compounds.

Application Process:

1. Pre-cleaning:

The efficiency nano sealant relies on the pre-cleaning of the surfaces to be treated.Sealants performance is affected by the presence of surfactants, grease and oil on the surface to be treated. Ensure that surfaces are clean, dry and grease free.Never pre-clean with alcohol, as this adverserly affects the sealing between the sealant and surface.

2. Hardening:

Different sealed surfaces need different hardening times, depending on the surface and weathering. A long lasting sealant can only be provided after complete hardening. Thermal hardening extends the sealing time.

3. How to clean sealed surfaces:

After sealing the surface, never use any aggressive cleaning agents. Clean the surface only with water only.In case you make the mistake of using commercial household cleaners that contain surfactants:

1. The nano effect will disappear because the surfactants disturb the nano structure.

2. In such cases, clean the surface with a bit of alcohol

3. The nano seal will be magically reinstated.

When applying as suggested, the durability for car paint is up to 2 years (depending on weather conditions).

I always do polishing on my car . Yes it takes at least 1-2hrs.

I did it myself cos non of the companies that provide this sealant that last 1yr can ans my question.

I only ask them how can they prove that the sealant is still on the car after 6mths to 9mths after the applications.

they can only said it will be there cos the manufacture states that it can bond to the car for 1yr.

Every time after polishing and sealant ,

one can feel the smoothness on the car surface. and water bead away fast

but as fast as after 1week. the smoothness is gone. water do not bead away and stays on the car surface

so does that means that the sealant is gone too.

so I do not trust them and do it myself, just seal and reseal again after 2week-1mth.

Yeah agreed... Jus like me. I have been washing n polish every week myself since I collected my ride on March this year.... Nothing beat better than your own hand... Feel it, touch it.. The curvy , smoothness n sleek of HER sexy body.

Yeah agreed... Jus like me. I have been washing n polish every week myself since I collected my ride on March this year.... Nothing beat better than your own hand... Feel it, touch it.. The curvy , smoothness n sleek of HER sexy body.

U polish every wk?!? I went revol last wk n it's silky smooth!

Yes.. Every weekend w/o fail. And almost every 2 day I will use a wet cloth to wipe away dust...I'm sure NO one dare to dispute me how silky smoothies is my ride....

I'm addicted to her... Hehe.

Woah! U can compete with blackmercs olreadi!

But sometimes I wash my ride 2-3 times per wk...white hard to maintain!