• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

HELP! Dilemma!!

Meaning C180K owners changing cars soon

not me, confirm. wallet no money. please remember to post photo of your new ride!

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

7 speed saves more fuel, gear change smoother and it's a tad faster than 5AT. Not many people realize it though....

Yes.

0-100km/h should be faster. 316i is an 8-speed with only 136 horses but on paper, it sprints in 8.9 secs, 1 sec faster than c180k.

Should have seen e 1.6L CGI coming compete with 316i

No money to change even Our Transport chief trying his best to reduce COE pricing

I wait to go aus or uk buy cheaper

not me, confirm. wallet no money. please remember to post photo of your new ride!

Victoria Concordia Crescit

Translation: Victory grows out of harmony.

C 180 BlueEFFICIENCY

blank.gifblank.gif889759_1667526_175_115_12C201_04_Kopie.jpg

ico15x15_lupe_dc.gif Enlarge

Since its predecessor was launched in 2000, the output of the C 180 has increased by 21 percent, whilst consumption has been reduced by 37 percent. The present version of the C-Class is nearly twice as efficient as its predecessor.

blank.gif

The turbocharged 1.6-litre four-cylinder petrol unit is the brand new entry-level engine for the C-Class. With fuel consumption of 5.8 l/100 km and a CO2 figure of 136 g/km, the improvement compared to the previous C 180 when similarly equipped is as much as 21 g/km, or just under 1 l/100 km. This makes the C 180 BlueEFFICIENCY one of the very first petrol models to be ranked in energy efficiency class B. The 115 kW (156 hp) engine is very light when compared to its competitors and delivers impressive agility from standstill – peak torque of 250 Nm is on tap from just 1250 rpm all the way up to 4000 rpm (fuel consumption, combined cycle: 5.3 - 4.8 l/100km, CO2 emissions, combined 139 - 125 g/km, energy efficiency class: A)*

http://www.daimler.com/dccom/0-5-1466472-1-1466844-1-0-0-1466827-0-0-135-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0.html

It's a very big improvement from 9.x secs (cannot remember) to 8.5 secs. The 20 nm torque did wonders. With CAT A COE, really attractive.......if it comes with 7G, I'm sold!!!

It's a very big improvement from 9.x secs (cannot remember) to 8.5 secs. The 20 nm torque did wonders. With CAT A COE, really attractive.......if it comes with 7G, I'm sold!!!

Looks like I made a wise decision :D

I just got confirmation from my SE that it comes with 7G-tronic.... BUY BUY BUY :D

AFAIK, C180s are all factory set to output the same hp. The difference between the CGI and K models is the torque. I have had the 1.8K before my 1.8CGI and the feel is totally different. Of course the new 7g vs the old 5AT also made a difference. The only question in my mind will be how the new 1.6CGI will compare against the old 1.8K.

whilst we're not exactly comparing apples with apples here..

I made the choice of buying the C180 CGI vs the C180 K because of the tuning potential of a Turbo-Charged Engine vs Supercharged Engine.

Of course, there are several other factors such as the electronic seats etc...

But, the bottom line for me.. in making that decision.. was really the tuning potential more than anything else :)

It'd be interesting what we can do with the 1.6L CGI performance tuning when it lands :)

Custom tuning Performance ECU since 2003. Direct ECU and Piggyback Custom tuning options are available. Original and Aftermarket Aesthetic, Multimedia and Performance Parts are also available.

Email: [email protected] :: Whatsapp/SMS/mobile: +6582988648 :: Http://www.facebook.com/Doctor.Hannson/

whilst we're not exactly comparing apples with apples here..

I made the choice of buying the C180 CGI vs the C180 K because of the tuning potential of a Turbo-Charged Engine vs Supercharged Engine.

Of course, there are several other factors such as the electronic seats etc...

But, the bottom line for me.. in making that decision.. was really the tuning potential more than anything else :)

It'd be interesting what we can do with the 1.6L CGI performance tuning when it lands :)

Hey doc - a tuner like you will definitely choose the CGi over the K. Even stock the CGI is a much better drive than the K as I can testify. Maybe when my warranty is over I shall turn to you for the additional kick. Glad to have peeps like you around!

• Like 1

Vinyl Is Sexy!

I just got confirmation from my SE that it comes with 7G-tronic.... BUY BUY BUY :D

We shall see the COE in the next few months.....he he. Just got my used C180K for 3 months. It's either the 320 or this.....unless something else interesting comes along.....

Barney u r going to the dark side?

Since u commented on going to dark side, any dateline for the change ?

Wah, difficult question, depends on my pocket, Coe and promo. I trying very hard not to mod and other car stuff....lol hopefully, within 6 months or a year max maybe. Warranty due in about a year.

Plenty of time then for the COE to drop. 335 please.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_804993.html

Means what now?!

Btw all the regulars here.

Just wondering how much is it for servicing at C&C for the first 3 years when under warranty?

Thinking of giving up 3K service credit to offset car price.

Give up the credit. Cash is king. What if u decided to sell ur car in 6 months?

Btw, thanks for the story.....I'm dreaming about another car now.......

If they are going to call the new 1.6L Turbo C180 CGI, what are they gonna call the 156 bhp 1.8L Turbo? The way Mercedes is naming their models these days is damn bloody confusing!

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Left side will be C180 Right side will be 1.6L

If they are going to call the new 1.6L Turbo C180 CGI, what are they gonna call the 156 bhp 1.8L Turbo? The way Mercedes is naming their models these days is damn bloody confusing!

Victoria Concordia Crescit

Translation: Victory grows out of harmony.

I strongly suspect they will phase out the 1.8 C180 CGI. So only 2 models left. 1.8 C200 and 1.6 C180. Both 7 G. Make sense?

I strongly suspect they will phase out the 1.8 C180 CGI. So only 2 models left. 1.8 C200 and 1.6 C180. Both 7 G. Make sense?

Did someone read something? I usually cannot read what traitors put down in words. selective blindness.