• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

My new speakers

Cool... Which focal model? Can I know your ICE setup? Running on 3-way active? Thanks!

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

mine is a mix-and-match setup.

Amps : Infinity Kappa Four and db

Sound processor : Alpine PXA-H800

Componet speakers : Focal PS 165

Mids : Focal 3W2 Be

Sub-woofer : db 12"

The current set-up is driven by Infinity Kappa Four and db (cannot recall which model) from previous car.

Infinity is driving tweeters (from Focal PS 165, also from previous setup) and mid range (3W2 BE).

db is driving Focal PS 165 6.5" woofer and db 12" subwoofer (this one came together with the db setup).

After listening to the sound this morning (after last night excitement), realised that there are hissing and "aero" sound, will be going to the installer to get it square away. will provide listener's experience next week.

cheers

What is WTVCCW?

Alamak, just saw your other post on abbreviation.

Dun know that will void the warranty. also, my 3 year warranty will be ending in jun 12.

I opined that it will not because it is just a cover that is being work on and not the mechnism it is covering. but then again, mine is just a personal opinion and C&C will have their final say on such matters.

mine is a mix-and-match setup.

Amps : Infinity Kappa Four and db

Componet speakers : Focal PS 165

Mids : Focal 3W2 Be

Sub-woofer : db 12"

The current set-up is driven by Infinity Kappa Four and db (cannot recall which model) from previous car.

Infinity is driving tweeters (from Focal PS 165, also from previous setup) and mid range (3W2 BE).

db is driving Focal PS 165 6.5" woofer and db 12" subwoofer (this one came together with the db setup).

After listening to the sound this morning (after last night excitement), realised that there are hissing and "aero" sound, will be going to the installer to get it square away. will provide listener's experience next week.

cheers

Hi there,any pre amp or processor u hook on into yr set-up?

U running full active or semi active?

Hi RetroE250,

There is a Alpine sound processor, PXA-H800, that i forgot to mention in my earlier post. the setup is running on full active.

cheers

Nice setup! :goodjob:

Who's your installer?

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

hello uncle,

thanks.

My installer is Vincent from L-D auto supply. his place is at the old odean katong building, think there is a church there now.

do you know him?

Dunno them but know they have been there for quite a long time!

Cheers

hello uncle,

thanks.

My installer is Vincent from L-D auto supply. his place is at the old odean katong building, think there is a church there now.

do you know him?

Oh boy the last time I visited Vincent was back in 2006 ? ;)

Got to know of them because a friend of mine was flown in to do an install using their premises and subsequently imparted some knowledge to Vincent as well.

Got your airplane and hissing noise solved ?

Got to know of them because a friend of mine was flown in to do an install using their premises and subsequently imparted some knowledge to Vincent as well.

Was it an Aussie guy who also selling his self made passive x-overs?

Cheers

Was it an Aussie guy who also selling his self made passive x-overs?

Hahaha looks like you know him too. Indonesian-Aussie!!

Yes he was making quite a few of these crossovers back in '01/'02 with all the exotic termed components - elna, milspec silver wire etc.

He's no longer in the trade. Has taken up a completely different role after selling his car audio business.

Hahaha looks like you know him too. Indonesian-Aussie!!

Yes he was making quite a few of these crossovers back in '01/'02 with all the exotic termed components - elna, milspec silver wire etc.

He's no longer in the trade. Has taken up a completely different role after selling his car audio business.

Yes!.....hahahaha! Ind Aus - We met at our of the ICE meetup and IIRC with people from L-D too!

• Like 1

Cheers

Yes!.....hahahaha! Ind Aus - We met at our of the ICE meetup and IIRC with people from L-D too!

Yanddy Lim(andinata) from Audio Art & Technologies. :D Did he bring his bulk pack of Dynamat too ?

Those days most of his clients were playing with xtant setups, dynaudio ESOTAR tweeters adapted for car use, IDQ subs, Naka CD-700.. all bragging rights hahahaha.

hahahaha! Yanddy Lim...that's right...it's him! :lol:

Cheers

hi g8crasher,

Vincent, the installer, managed to remove the aero and hissing noises. he re-wired, insulated, shifted the sound processor away from the car wiring and some other stuffs. i'm glad those irritating noises are now gone. the next step is to tune it correctly and will do that either tmr or the day after. will update on listener's perspective after listening it for another week. if anyone wants to critic the sound quality, do let me know and we can arrange for it.

cheers

• Like 1

Dear all,

after driving and listening intensely for two days, the noises are back. will be bringing the car to Vincent this saturday for further trouble-shooting. will share the results of the investigation after that.

:(

Dear all,

Vincent added capacitor and one Line out (supposingly will increase the output to the processor) to the setup but the noises are not totally eliminated. still have slight aero noise and occassion radio interference. however, when the system is behaving, can really distingish the various instruments. this may not be a good thing as it is easier to discern CDs recordings that are less than ideal.

Overall experience is slightly above good and also realise our ability to pick up sounds when they are seperated via the three speakers.

cheers

Dear all,

Vincent added capacitor and one Line out (supposingly will increase the output to the processor) to the setup but the noises are not totally eliminated. still have slight aero noise and occassion radio interference. however, when the system is behaving, can really distingish the various instruments. this may not be a good thing as it is easier to discern CDs recordings that are less than ideal.

Overall experience is slightly above good and also realise our ability to pick up sounds when they are seperated via the three speakers.

cheers

Thanks for the updates. Hope you manage to get it resolved because these issues can be quite irritating!