• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Topic about VW

Guest angela

Wes23 wrote:

Anyone saw the new jetta? Its appearance has captivated me till now.. Very nice... :becky:

Yap...almost bought new Jetta...dunno how I ended up w Merc :P

On the flipside after seeing a few others Jetta on the role it looked kind

of plain now...like the A4 look rear..front looks bland..

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hkhamateur

:thumb:Icez wrote:

Yap...almost bought new Jetta...dunno how I ended up w Merc :P

On the flipside after seeing a few others Jetta on the role it looked kind

of plain now...like the A4 look rear..front looks bland..

Kekeke....:laugh: :laugh:

We knw our dear bro Wes taste lor! :whistle:

Except fr his current ride! :becky:

Bro, dun worry as yr currect ride was absolutely correct pick!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest busdriver

XXXCobraXXX wrote:

Hi there.

Anyone can help comment on Phaeton? Went to feel the 3 makes (S300, 730 and Phaeton LWB V6). Cant test drive on the Phaeton but has done so on the other 2. Anyone have frens driving or personal experience? More interested to know about the comfort and maintence costing.

Got a friend driving one... it wears out quite quickly... as in the inside looks old. It's not quite there as compared to the S Class and the 7 series. The switches at the rear seat pops in if pressed too hard and disappears inside. He didn't have a good experience but from a price point he was saying it's value for money.

• 3 months later...

I was lucky. No problems till I sold mine after a year. Except for the constant juddering, My golf Mk 6 was a joy to drive. Good fuel consumption even on heavy 18" and the troque is :wub: . But's my friend's MU failed just after 19,000km.

I was lucky. No problems till I sold mine after a year. Except for the constant juddering, My golf Mk 6 was a joy to drive. Good fuel consumption even on heavy 18" and the troque is :wub: . But's my friend's MU failed just after 19,000km.

It's all a roll of the dice, really. Two friends - one a 1.4Roc and the other a 1.4Golf IV - have had theirs stop working on the expressways.

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

It's all a roll of the dice, really. Two friends - one a 1.4Roc and the other a 1.4Golf IV - have had theirs stop working on the expressways.

Ya my SIL car change engineon the 9 mths for her 1.4 Golf VI TSi sport

No disrespect but stay away from the 1.4 TSI models. The other engine-transmission combos don't seem to have issues, if you take other dedicated forums as fair indication.

Or YOU COULD BUY A MERCEDES BENZ.

No disrespect but stay away from the 1.4 TSI models. The other engine-transmission combos don't seem to have issues, if you take other dedicated forums as fair indication.

Agreed. Not worth if u go be depreciation bcos is very close to merc but when u sell a vw the price is not as good as a merc. :)

3 friends of mine. 2 Jetta's, 1 Mk VI Golf.

Jetta's have had their transmissions changed once. One Jetta has had his engine changed once. Complete loss of power in both cases. Power loss happened twice to the Jetta that only had the transmission changed.

Golf GTi Mk VI complete power loss twice in the span of a year. Golf GTi Mk V had a much publicized issue with initial release of DSG gearbox. Some were plagued with problems, others were perfectly fine.

I think what you mean to say is....many many cheap second hand VW for sale!

Agree that the new 7 speeders have MU problems. But the Gti and R are generally very reliable (R is hell of a monster). Merc and Vw different category lah. But for the price of VW, it does come with many features. To me its a bang for buck car. Btw, the more expensive sibling is not spared either. Friends driving the more expensive sibling are also having similar issues.

• 2 weeks later...

My buddy is driving the touran. MU failure at 19,000 km in car park. Relaibility dont know yet. Super value for $. Fc not so good. But pick-up and handing is the best in its class.

Depends on your needs though.

Thanks! Think I will give it a miss then... Just saw on FB one of my friend just got his VW 1.4 TSI ride...hmm...will ask him about reliability in the coming year etc...

Thanks bro. Guess will stick with my C180 for a while....