• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Hi bros,

Will be collecting my car soon. First thing first, I hope to touch up on the little specks and scratches and try to restore it back to tip top condition. Any good recommendations on where to touch up paint work? The few workshops I called all told me that they need to respray either the entire panel or door. Roughly what is the budget for this kind of small job?

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Touch up for brandnew car?? Dont waste yr time on touch up thingy i doubt any paint workshop will wants to do it for u. DIY is not for newbies on paint job.

It doesn't sound like brand new car. Could be a pre-loved unit that just needs a little TLC, like TS said.

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

Touch up for brandnew car?? Dont waste yr time on touch up thingy i doubt any paint workshop will wants to do it for u. DIY is not for newbies on paint job.

Hi, thanks for the advice. It's a pre-owned and comes with minor scratches and chip-offs.

Hi, thanks for the advice. It's a pre-owned and comes with minor scratches and chip-offs.

Yeah touching up will never get matched to the existing paintwork.

Should be able to cover up some minor scratches with a little elbow grease & some t-cut. Just leave the paint chips and enjoy the car! :)

For pre owned can get the car dealer to send for touch up work, unless getting from direct owner.

I tried using touch u paint which I got from C&C, foc by the way. :)

But the touch up just doesn't cut it, colour do not match.

Just bear with it till you find it an eye sore, then send for total respray!