• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

SGMERC Driving Experience @ JOHOR CIRCUIT PASIR GUDANG 8th June 08! (OLD)

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

Guest 9339

Actually if i am not wrong, $260 for PG are with lunch provided, right Jeff? i truely undersatand why all cost and actual event are not posted out yet is because no actual money is collected, the organiser cant do actual planning and splilt out each cost for the plan

Anyway bro sareve, pls dont feel offended on my words as i am one kind of busy body who like to speak out any thing which i think is not right.

Just to keep many posted, the Sgmerc committee actually subsidy many event and even the club T shirt we recently have, the comittee actualy paid almost half of the cost and sold us at a lower price....Pls do not have ??????? on the committee or organiser, i also believe that committee will sure keep us inform of how were the money we had paid are being used for.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

My reply in blue, Sareve & all.

I'd like to apologise to the organisers of this event if my posts have offended any of you.No apologies required cos you have every right to ask question. Many here have read your post & they have said things like "I also thought Sareve's initial post was courteous and respectful" or "At least he's been fair and polite in his postings" but after reading the post (that you've posted) over & over again, I personally feel 'the other way'.I personally feel that your words are somewhat 'rude'. The reason why I asked so many questions was because I was very undecided about whether I wanted to go to PG.Dude, your issue is not about "I was still undecided about whether I wanted to go to PG". YOUR issue was "I've been to PG before and I feel that $260 is way too expensive a price to pay for PG when you can track there on a normal day for about 35 bucks with a minimal amount of cars on the track at the same time" and "I don't mind paying $400 to go to Sepang instead Jeff, I hope you'll get more support from other members for Sepang as well. May I enquire as to why the cost is so high though? As I understand it, the cost per driver on a typical Sepang Sunday Open Session is RM$150, while I expect to pay more than that for a private club track day, $400 is a truly staggering amount, it is 5-6 times the amount we would pay for a public track day."So please don't shift your question. but I think Randy and Jeff have convinced me that it'd be great fun in a relatively safe environment if we went together Provided it's a 'close track'. I also have a clearer understanding of the organisers' concerns now You sure you're clearer? I intent to explain to you more in detail regarding costing, cos this is serious stuff, cos it's regarding my INTEGRITY, as an individual, I can try my luck and try to go to PG by myself and hope to get a day with few cars on the track Good Luck!, but as a group, the organisers have to ensure that everyone is able to enjoy themselves Dude, no one can gaurantee that he or she will enjoy themselves, cos they might hate it or love it! in the safest environment possible,Safe environment..Yes.Cos we will conduct safety briefing about the do's & don't, But nobody can gaurantee you nothing will happen while on track! I'm assuming that this is what we're paying for and I feel that it's fully justified.Dude, as mention many many times, you're paying for 'exclusive'. I thought you would have understood the meaning 'exclusive' by now, but since you still don't understand the meaning, i took my daughter's primary one Oxford Dictionary & it says "to exclude outsiders", that's why you're paying more.

The reason why I asked about the cost was actually to check if there was lunch provided and for Sepang, if we were getting transpondersAgain, your earlier question in your post was not about lunch & transponders, it's about $$$. But to answer your question, yes lunch & transponders is provided and if we were paying hotstuff magazine to come and cover our event Bro, WE ARE NOT paying them a single cent!!! They are doing this to promote SGMerc for FREE!!! . It was not my intention to question the integrity of the organisers,Yah, i believe you.

Guest sy69u

ok bros, please relak 1 corner , jangan tension brotherrr..... i have been reading all the posts & have kept quiet becoz i did not sign up for this event & didnt 1 2 kapoh (actually i always kapoh :devil2:). but i think i should say something in all fairness (but then again, i'm always impartial [at times, heheheheheh]).

firstly, let me thank jeff, kompressor & the rest of the exco members for doing a fantastic job (must angkat abit for brownie points).

ALL MEMBERS, please remember that none of them are getting paid to organize these events. they are doing it to keep the group alive & active so that we can progress as a global group (wah liow, i sound like PM lei). they are also doing it out of love of the activities & club. i should think tat none of the members here would like to join a club tat has no or little activities. i would have love to join all the activities if i had the time to attend (come to think about it, i macam like attend almost all the activities lei). as a strong supporter of this club, i should at least play my part to keep this club going as well. if i had the time & experience, i would have love to be an exco member but due to the heavy responsibilities, i would rather stay at the sideline & only render my support to the exco members (actually i no balls lah). all the exco members can easily take a back seat but they are putting their precious time aside & spending their own money to assist in organizing all these events (some times, they also have to sacrifice their bodies too). its really not easy to organize an event, regardless how small or big it is. & the best part about it, they are not making money out of it. they could have easily gotten an event company to handle all the events (hint hint). on top of that, event companies will charge an arm & leg just to organize one event (now u all know how i can afford a merc hehehehehehehe).

also in all fairness, sareve's questions were all genuine & should think tat it came straight from his heart. its also good that members sound out questions that they have. but, most importantly, he could have phrased it better. i believe sareve did not intend to question anyone's integrity. but bro, i must admit that the way you put it, you really sounded like you were questioning their integrity (i was refering to your 1st post). i can see that your subsequent posts were 'milder' (think you got a crash course on not offending anybody anymore).

i always believe that each & everyone of us have a choice. its either yes or no. if anyone think that its unfair, by all means, say no, don't go. nobody is putting a gun to your head (depends on which head) & force you to go. some times they might coax or sweet talk you but you still have a choice to say no. but by all means, no one should question on anybody's integrity.

i also believe that 9339's post is very true, only that he may sound harsh at times (come to think about it, he always sound harsh). hey! thats the way he is. he speaks from his heart regardless to who he speaks to. he is what we call, straight forward. think other bros will agree with me (:pray:). think he will express better if he can write his posts in hokkien (but i surely wont understand & a lot of ccb, lc, knn etc etc will come out..... just kidding bro).

so bro jeff, take it easy. don't stress. we still love you (don't want you to get more wrinkles...hehehehehe).

anyway, i wish to state that the above statement was given by me to be truthful. i would also wish to state that i was not forced or induced to provide the above statement (standard police IP last paragrah, hehehehehe or something like that. cant remember liow. also my brain is not thinking ny more). & MOST IMPORTANTLY, i wish to state that i am not out to offend anybody. if i sounded like i did, i would like to apologise before i get bad karma.

so all bro out there. stay happy & young. don't worry, be happy...

Guest C350

***they could have easily gotten an event company to handle all the events (hint hint). on top of that, event companies will charge an arm & leg just to organize one event (now u all know how i can afford a merc hehehehehehehe).***

F**K that event companies, we have fruitcakepablohoney for free. :yumyum: :yumyum: :yumyum:

Guest frasier

Wah liao eh! Never check forum for a few days, suddenly got so much to read!

My kudos to the organisers for their hard work!

This club has really come alive b'cos of such people.

Guest 9339

Thank you bro sy for understanding my POWDERFUL ENGLAND OR ENGOLI, i am out for fun,not trouble so if anyone feel offended by my words , pls do let me know,i will buy you 'kopi' as 'sori'...........

Guest Sareve

fruitcakepablohoney ]

My reply in blue, Sareve & all.

I' wrote:

No apologies required cos you have every right to ask question. Many here have read your post & they have said things like "I also thought Sareve's initial post was courteous and respectful" or "At least he's been fair and polite in his postings" but after reading the post (that you've posted) over & over again, I personally feel 'the other way'.I personally feel that your words are somewhat 'rude'.[/color] The reason why I asked so many questions was because I was very undecided about whether I wanted to go to PG.Dude, your issue is not about "I was still undecided about whether I wanted to go to PG". YOUR issue was "I've been to PG before and I feel that $260 is way too expensive a price to pay for PG when you can track there on a normal day for about 35 bucks with a minimal amount of cars on the track at the same time" and "I don't mind paying $400 to go to Sepang instead Jeff, I hope you'll get more support from other members for Sepang as well. May I enquire as to why the cost is so high though? As I understand it, the cost per driver on a typical Sepang Sunday Open Session is RM$150, while I expect to pay more than that for a private club track day, $400 is a truly staggering amount, it is 5-6 times the amount we would pay for a public track day."So please don't shift your question. but I think Randy and Jeff have convinced me that it'd be great fun in a relatively safe environment if we went together Provided it's a 'close track'. I also have a clearer understanding of the organisers' concerns now You sure you're clearer? I intent to explain to you more in detail regarding costing, cos this is serious stuff, cos it's regarding my INTEGRITY, as an individual, I can try my luck and try to go to PG by myself and hope to get a day with few cars on the track Good Luck!, but as a group, the organisers have to ensure that everyone is able to enjoy themselves Dude, no one can gaurantee that he or she will enjoy themselves, cos they might hate it or love it! in the safest environment possible,Safe environment..Yes.Cos we will conduct safety briefing about the do's & don't, But nobody can gaurantee you nothing will happen while on track! I'm assuming that this is what we're paying for and I feel that it's fully justified.Dude, as mention many many times, you're paying for 'exclusive'. I thought you would have understood the meaning 'exclusive' by now, but since you still don't understand the meaning, i took my daughter's primary one Oxford Dictionary & it says "to exclude outsiders", that's why you're paying more.

The reason why I asked about the cost was actually to check if there was lunch provided and for Sepang, if we were getting transpondersAgain, your earlier question in your post was not about lunch & transponders, it's about $$$. But to answer your question, yes lunch & transponders is provided and if we were paying hotstuff magazine to come and cover our event Bro, WE ARE NOT paying them a single cent!!! They are doing this to promote SGMerc for FREE!!! . It was not my intention to question the integrity of the organisers,Yah, i believe you.

I truly did not mean to question your integrity, I'm sorry that it came across that way. There's no way to say this without coming off as a complete cheapskate, but I posted those numbers because one of my concerns was the cost. My initial gut reaction was, "Wow I really wanna go to Sepang, I guess I could pay $400 for that, but I dunno if $260 for PG is worth it." I also weighed the costs of a private track day vs a normal open track day, initially, I did not feel it was worth it either, but after Randy gave an example the possibility of other protons and random cars crashing into me, I changed my mind and felt that I would be justified in paying a higher price for a private track day. To repeat, I had no intention of questioning your integrity, I was just getting frustrated with the high costs of private track days, I really want to track with friends, but it's expensive as hell, that's all.

If I had any doubts about your integrity in the first place, I wouldn't even have signed up, especially when Randy asked if anyone was still willing to go to Sepang at an increased price of $400, I immediately put my name there to show my support. If I had any doubts about your integrity or the integrity of the rest of the organisers, would I have done that? You and the rest of the organisers have my utmost respect for doing all of this for us in your own free time without getting paid a single cent, I'm sorry my post offended you Jeff.

Guest JGoh

F**K that event companies, we have fruitcakepablohoney for free. :yumyum: :yumyum: :yumyum:

Best of all, the organising committee individually and collective are all personally commited and have put in tons and tons of effort. What I appreciate most is their concern and priority for safety.

:thumbsup:

Guest dash

so bro jeff, take it easy. don't stress. we still love you (don't want you to get more wrinkles...hehehehehe).

hey man SY, correction. We always loved u, Jeff! :rockon:

Guest sy69u

dash ]

so bro jeff, take it easy. don' wrote:

hey man SY, correction. We always loved u, Jeff! :rockon:

huh???? what correction bro? we always loved u, jeff????????? bro, something not right with that statement lei.

Guest Otsego

Dear Memebr,

Organiser will have a discussion and revert back to everyone soon.

Sorry for all the inconvenience cause.

Thank You for your continue support.

maybe can discussion with everyone this coming sunday meetup?