• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

SGMERC Driving Experience @ JOHOR CIRCUIT PASIR GUDANG 8th June 08! (OLD)

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

Guest Sareve

24fwvhd.jpg

Dear Members, finally it's happening!!! Kindly take note our first trackday experience will be @ Pasir Gudang on Sunday 8th June!!! This will be a 3 hour exclusively just for SGMerc!

Collection of S$260 is on this Sunday 18th May 2008 for those involve in the B road drive/Kukup Lunch. Others, please transfer to:- Jason Goh DBS 001-106638-5 S$260 (per driver) by Tuesday 20th May!

Please note that HotStuff Magazine will be there to cover this major event. Let's make this happen!!!

SGMerc Driving Experience @ Pasir Gudang

Date: 8th June 08, Sunday 1pm-4pm

Venue: Pasir Gudang

Confirmed Trackies Name Lists:

1). Jeff Keng

2). Kompressor

3). Victor

4). MMB

5). CBlack

6). 9339

7). Protoss

8 ). C55

9). C35

10). Jenvid

11). Saab

12). eyke

13). 7070

14). JGoh (Just received a call from JGoh from London, he confirmed joining us)

15). W208

16). frasier

17).

18).

19).

20).

TBC Trackers List

1). Willy

2). Otsego

3). W203 X 5

4). Sareve

5). 2 Mercie 2

Watcher Name List:

1) Kompressor brother x 2 (Driving)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Tracker - Chargerable (be it your own car or sharing)

Watcher - Free

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24fwvhd.jpg

Dear Members, finally it's happening!!! Kindly take note our first trackday experience will be @ Pasir Gudang on Sunday 8th June!!! This will be a 3 hour exclusively just for SGMerc in a safe environment!

Collection of S$260 is on this Sunday 18th May 2008 for those involve in the B road drive/Kukup Lunch. Others, please transfer to:- Jason Goh DBS 001-106638-5 S$260 (per driver) by Tuesday 20th May!

Please note that HotStuff Magazine will be there to cover this major event. Let's make this happen!!!

Closing Date: 25th May 2008 2359

1). Jeff Keng

2). Kompressor

3). Victor

4). MMB

5). CBlack

6). 9339

7). Protoss

8 ). C55

9). C35

10). Jenvid

11). Saab

12). eyke

13). 7070

14). JGoh

15). frasier

16).

17).

18).

19).

20).

TBC Trackers List

1). Willy

2). Otsego

3). W203 X 5

4). Sareve

5). 2 Mercie 2

Watcher Name List:

2)

3)

4)

5)

Watcher - Free

Guest frasier

Dear Members, finally it's happening!!! Kindly take note our first trackday experience will be @ Pasir Gudang on Sunday 8th June!!! This will be a 3 hour exclusively just for SGMerc in a safe environment!

Closing Date: 25th May 2008 2359

1). Jeff Keng

2). Kompressor

3). Victor

4). MMB

5). CBlack

6). 9339

7). Protoss

8 ). C55

9). C35

10). Jenvid

11). Saab

12). eyke

13). 7070

14). JGoh

15). frasier

16).

17).

18).

19).

20).

TBC Trackers List

1). Willy

2). Otsego

3). W203 X 5

4). Sareve

5). 2 Mercie 2

Watcher Name List:

2)

3)

4)

5)

Watcher - Free

Guest 9339

Just my suggestion, why dont we stick to Sepang, seem like many dont like the idea of P.G., lets check if it is about $400 per car for Sepang, anyone interested?

1. 9339

Good suggestion Randy. :thumbsup:

But i really dunno what kind of stories they've been told about PG that spook them.

For me (& other race drivers from S'pore), we all started our racing career at PG, & if you ask them, they will tell you it's one of the best track in our region!

All tracks are relatively safe, it's the driver that makes it unsafe, & we're driving just for the experience, not racing! And please... we're going direct to the track, not going thru JB town, so we are very safe! But let's give it a try, no harm.

Anyone ok if it's S$400 for Sepang? Please let me know by tomorrow Sat 17th May 2359

1). 9339

2). fruitcakepablohoney

Guest 9339

Yes guys, i agreed with Jeff, many trackers started in PG, most school race for track licence are conducted there too.

Not to worry about the track in PG, actually PG also got many challenging corner to take, for those who had not taken the full pg track but only tried those night sprint, lets give it a try this time.

Is just a experience in the track only, take it as a warming up for the future event .

Guest Sareve

Good suggestion Randy. :thumbsup:

But i really dunno what kind of stories they've been told about PG that spook them.

For me (& other race drivers from S'pore), we all started our racing career at PG, & if you ask them, they will tell you it's one of the best track in our region!

All tracks are relatively safe, it's the driver that makes it unsafe, & we're driving just for the experience, not racing! And please... we're going direct to the track, not going thru JB town, so we are very safe! But let's give it a try, no harm.

Anyone ok if it's S$400 for Sepang? Please let me know by tomorrow Sat 17th May 2359

1). 9339

2). fruitcakepablohoney

3). Sareve

Guest Sareve

I truly appreciate the efforts you have put in to organise a track event for sgmerc Jeff! That being said, I've been to PG before and I feel that $260 is way too expensive a price to pay for PG when you can track there on a normal day for about 35 bucks with a minimal amount of cars on the track at the same time. Furthermore, I feel that Sepang is a safer track than PG (although I've not personally been to Sepang but judging from pictures) as there is a greater amount of runoff area and the track is wider and better maintained.

I don't mind paying $400 to go to Sepang instead Jeff, I hope you'll get more support from other members for Sepang as well. May I enquire as to why the cost is so high though? As I understand it, the cost per driver on a typical Sepang Sunday Open Session is RM$150, while I expect to pay more than that for a private club track day, $400 is a truly staggering amount, it is 5-6 times the amount we would pay for a public track day. Does this amount cover ONLY the track fees or does it include other services as well?

Guest 9339

I think you are very wrong sareve, had you really involve or taken part in any track? do you actuaaly know what is the diff between open track and exclusive track?

To me i will not race in a open track with my Merc, or maybe you wont feel the pain as yours are a gift.With others car like wira or kancil racing on the same track with your Merc having the high risk of them banging into you,, I buy this merc of mine with LOTS of saving,so i wont take the risk of letting any other car to share the track with my precious Merc. I wont even need to think if it is a open track with so many other unknown car racing together even if it is free.

The S bend you were talking about should be that BMW bend,if you cant take those,what the point of tracking,I took my school race there with 6 laps to qualify.

With those commend on prices and misunderstanding to Jeff or the organiser, i think you owe them a apologies.

Guest Sareve

LIke I said, I'm willing to pay 400 for our own private club track day at Sepang, I have no wish to have any other cars bang into me as well and I truly appreciate Jeff's efforts to organise this track event for us. I'm not accusing him of anything, I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. I'm simply asking why the prices are so high, like are they simply for the costs of the track or are we also hiring any additional services such as towing or something like that. Whatever the answer is though, it will not change the fact that I will surely sign up for Sepang as was planned originally. I just want to know exactly what it is I'm paying for before I spend that money, it was not my intention to put the organisers down or anything, I will still pay 400 to track at Sepang if that's what the costs will be.

Like you said, your car is extremely precious to you, even minus the risk of random drivers you don't know banging into you, surely you must know that you're going to get a ton of stone chips hitting your car if you go to PG. My friend's windscreen cracked because a stone chip hit it, it is mainly for this reason that I do not want to go to PG, I do not want my car to get damaged because the track is not well maintained.

I originally intended to reply to Jeff in PM as he sent me a message asking why I pulled out, but his inbox was full, I decided to reply here instead to see if any other forum members had similar concerns or had anything to say on his behalf.

Good morning guys, & a very good morning to you Sareve! :clap: I'm surprise when i lock in now at 8.11am, it's just only the 2 of us lah! kekeke

And i'm surprise you're awake bright & early cos i thought you would have been partying last night :thumbsup:

The other surprise is of course your quiries about the costing of the track fees, which i will explain to you (and everyone) on my next posting.

Meantime, have a great day! :bboyspin:

Hi Sareve, thank you for your 'feedback'. My replies are in blue.

I truly appreciate the efforts you have put in to organise a track event for sgmerc Jeff! Wah, thank you very much, finally someone appreciates the efforts the commitee has made! Got karma me or not? kekekeThat being said, I've been to PG before and I feel that $260 is way too expensive a price to pay for PG when you can track there on a normal day for about 35 bucks with a minimal amount of cars on the track at the same time.You said 'on a normal day' you can track for 35 bucks (an hour). Bro, since you've 'experience' PG before, you should know that those 'open' track days, you will be sharing the track with 'others.' That means you will have some track cars doing their testing, beat up Proton cars etc breathing down your necks, bumper to bumper on your SL. You even mention your experience 'on a normal open track days with a minimal amount of cars'. Bro, lets say, SGmerc join these 'so-call' open track day, can you gaurantee there is a minimal amount of cars on that day? All it takes is one car to hit you (& if you're lucky, just bruise car & if unlucky, serious injuries). Do you think SGMerc members is going to take that gamble? What happens if something seriously did happen, & members will say 'why didn't the commitee guys booked private track cos we are willing to pay more!? Furthermore, I feel that Sepang is a safer track than PG (although I've not personally been to Sepang but judging from pictures) as there is a greater amount of runoff area and the track is wider and better maintained.Bro, as you know, the actual 'plan' was to do Sepang, but bcos we didn't have enough members to join in, that's why we shift to PG.

I don't mind paying $400 to go to Sepang instead Jeff, I hope you'll get more support from other members for Sepang as well. May I enquire as to why the cost is so high though? If you check back a few pages, it was only a suggestion by one of the members regarding $400, not me! As I understand it, the cost per driver on a typical Sepang Sunday Open Session is RM$150,Again, you say 'open track day'. I don't have to explain again right? while I expect to pay more than that for a private club track day, $400 is a truly staggering amount, it is 5-6 times the amount we would pay for a public track day. Does this amount cover ONLY the track fees or does it include other services as well?Again, that amount is just a suggestion by a member,not me!

*I hope at the moment, i've answered to your question. I will also explain to members how we arrived at this figure of $260 in due course!

Guest 9339

You might have your point and reason comparing Sepang and PG track, if you are afraid of those stone chip will damage your car in PG, i think you would have to re consider joining any other NSHW drive or Malaysia trip or even driving in SG, fyi, CBlack's and C35's both fog light were damage durning a NSHW drive, my ton of frenz drove their car on NSHW and even SG road had their car windscreen smash too, so how to drive?

As you did compare the open race of MR150 with our exclusive Sgmerc track of $260, pls dont compare the fuel comsumption on a Altis with the C55.

$400 per car is what i suggested since most member wish to experience the drive in Sepang F1 track, Is just a estimation on price comparing $260 x 30 car, $400 if we have only 20 car, charges of cos will increase.

Guest millionmilebenz

Alright guys, let's chill a little bit... We really appreciate the interest and support shown by you guys. Strong posts means strong feelings about the club and it's good that you guys really care about the activities that are being organized. :thumbsup:

To be fair to Sareve, it is perfectly fine to raise concern and ask questions to understand how the costs are calculated (as Kompressor has posted - we want to know what they are so we can address them). I also thought Sareve's initial post was courteous and respectful. :thumbsup:

And to be fair to 9339, Bro Randy is a true die-hard supporter of the club. :iconsalut: His reply came from his appreciation and defence of Jeff's effort and should be taken as that. I am 100% sure that when Randy doesn't agree with something that the organizing committee has done, he will raise it up just as firmly. :thumbsup:

You guys may have different opinions or preference but that is perfectly fine. So let's all chill and have fun! :clap:

Guest speckie1

i'm probably sticking my head in at risk of losing it :iconsalut:

but i think let's relak abit leh... :afro:

i think as a forum, Saraeve's should be encouraged to post his thoughts as a contributing member. :clap: It may differ from the general view, but I guess we can learn to respect differences. :alien: At least he's been fair and polite in his postings, and his questions might be genuine of others who may not have voiced them out for whatever reasons. :-\

It's good to see Jeff (fruitcakepablohoney...wah..you nick too long, calling you Jeff instead,) point by point, cause I think that's only reasonable and I think Saraeve went away clearer about closed track vs open track day. :o

As for costs, I can also understand some concerns too, because (well I know the reason, but we cannot assume everyone knows,) from what I can see, there are a few track newbies who might wonder how it all breaks down. ???They may erroneously compare to other closed track days and wonder how theirs are cheaper at Sepang, etc etc...So, it's only helpful to have more than adequate and transparent information. :rockon:

I can understand 9339's reasons for his replies and manner (if I'm permitted to assume.) :swduel: It's not easy to organize something like this, competing with many other track groups to land a slot on the date that suits everyone. And when someone throws a question that threatens to derail the whole project again, it might raise the ire :2guns: :ninja: of those who appreciate the efforts and have already committed time, resources and enthusiasm towards it.

But end of the day, i think all responses here have been well-intentioned and let's not get overly quick with our conclusions. :police: Because we should also know that the messages posted in the forum don't translate as well as the spoken vernacular. (yah lah, we got icons, but not quite the same lah. :punk1: )

Peace bros.. :pray:

Guest jenvid

All,

I think it is only fair that we trust in all faith to the organiser for the event. For whatever the amount it cost, it is pretty clear that the cost of the event is distributed to all participants. In all fairness, let's not be the typical sillyaporean & talk from our hips. If anyone here knows/have connection to rent a private track at a lower cost, pls step forward to contribute. You will definitely get loads of brownie/karma pts (probly Kisses(french or Oz), hugs & whatever thrown in)for helping everyone else save $.

That said, perhaps we put a vote on the venue. It is not easy to organise such an event.

To put things in perspective, I think a _private_ event at SP will set us back somewhere between RM18k to RM20k. So there isnt really much to hide in terms of cost.

Guest millionmilebenz

i'm probably sticking my head in at risk of losing it :iconsalut:

but i think let's relak abit leh... :afro:

Peace bros.. :pray:

That's the spirit! Upz you, speckie1!! :thumbsup:

Guest C350

yup agreed with jenvid "not easy to organise such an event"

that why even thought i prefer SP , i will still be there if organiser change it to PG.

or else who's going to organise the next time??? let be supportive la! :punk1:

im confidence the organiser had plan what best for us "as a group" for this event lor. :ninjaturtle: let's go let's go go go go

Guest Protoss

Organisers had to spent time, effort & even $ from their own pocket to get Events going. Kudos to them! :clap:

SGD$260 for less than 20 SGMERC members for a PRIVATE event at PG......... How much cheaper can it go? ??? If we have 40 confirm members and fees paid, it will be cheaper of course. :la:

We do get stone chips even in sillypore, than how? Buy car than park at home covered, take bus or mrt? :bootyshake:

Lets not be 'trigger happy' behind the PC when most of us is doing nothing in helping the organisers. :alien:

Of course, if there is anyone that can provide a lower cost PRIVATE track event at PG or Sepang, PLS PLS kindly step forward and offer your services to the club. :thumbsup:

Guest 9339

MMb, speckie1,savere and all committee and event organiser, i might be a little hard on words that i had use, but i speak myself out not having any intention to create any unhappiness or trouble, I agreed as Jenvid sounded just follow the event planned by organiser if you are happy, if got ???, forget it and DO NOT join that event, no one feel good being question for cost involved,wrongly compared diff event/location is the biggest error a man or human being can do.

Do not feel offended for my die hard attitude toward Sgmerc.

Guest dash

Just my 2 cents opinion,

Its good that now somebody has enquired and the organizers have explained the costs/estimations.

Firstly,

I would like to commend the organising committee to even come up with the idea in the 1st place, think through the procedures,

plan the proceedings, do the reccee, arrange the tie-ups with the relevant parties and post it up here to allow fellow forumers to

enjoy the experience.

I mean, its really a lot of work...and i firmly believed that on a more selfish note, they could've spent the time with their families or just waste their time away doing whatever they want. But they've selflessly put in TIME and EFFORT...something that cannot be measured by $$$.

on that note, yes, its rather unfair to 'question' them this way...as new forumers who just joined and read the thread may view this in a negative way and as bro Kompressor puts it, Integrity gets questioned.

I understand bro 9339's strong words...for he is very supportive of the committe and understands how things work.

As a committee member myself of the Official Liverpool fanclub, sometimes the extra good things we do for people may get interpreted wrongly and

its frustrating at times.

So upz all the people organising this event! (fruitcake, here's your karma! :D)

on a side note, Saraeve's intention was probably to find out more how the cost is being broken down and non-malice was intended.

Now that everything is transparent and explained, everybody will be happy and most importantly it protects the integrity and :asshole: of the organizers.

so Saraeve, now you know how the costs works out to be so! 8.)

...lets give people credit where its due! upz upz upz!

so that the committee's passion will not be doused and continue to organize events for us!

cheers for everybody! God Bless.

Guest millionmilebenz

MMb, speckie1,savere and all committee and event organiser, i might be a little hard on words that i had use, but i speak myself out not having any intention to create any unhappiness or trouble, I agreed as Jenvid sounded just follow the event planned by organiser if you are happy, if got ???, forget it and DO NOT join that event, no one feel good being question for cost involved,wrongly compared diff event/location is the biggest error a man or human being can do.

Do not feel offended for my die hard attitude toward Sgmerc.

Bro Randy, no offence taken by me at all and I am sure Jeff and all members of the organizing committee truly appreciate your die hard support! Upz you bro! :thumbsup:

Guest millionmilebenz

Dash, Protoss, C35, Jenvid, and speckie1 - Thanks for coming out in brotherly spirit to help clarify things and support the club! Upz to all of you!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest Sareve

I'd like to apologise to the organisers of this event as well as Randy if my posts have offended any of you. The reason why I asked so many questions was because I was very undecided about whether I wanted to go to PG, but I think Randy and Jeff have convinced me that it'd be great fun in a relatively safe environment if we went together. I also have a clearer understanding of the organisers' concerns now, as an individual, I can try my luck and try to go to PG by myself and hope to get a day with few cars on the track, but as a group, the organisers have to ensure that everyone is able to enjoy themselves in the safest environment possible, I'm assuming that this is what we're paying for and I feel that it's fully justified.

The reason why I asked about the cost was actually to check if there was lunch provided and for Sepang, if we were getting transponders and if we were paying hotstuff magazine to come and cover our event etc. It was not my intention to question the integrity of the organisers, as Randy has pointed out, I'm still living off my dad's money, as such, I feel that I should explain to him exactly what I'm spending his money on.