• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

iPhone

g8crasher

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh ya, forgotten to reply your sms.....

China iphone might be printed as 16gb...but high chance that it only have 1gb memory. Be careful.

Huh? :surrender:

You say like that make me remember one of my engineer who went china bought a new 8Gb thumb drive, was shown can even hold 8gb! But when he brought back home(sg) after transfering files, he notice something, it was actually 1gb! Rest were under virtual memory!

Guest Cklasse

About the iPhone.

I am a Mac fan too and I think we have to see where Apple is going in the direction of how we use phone.

I have the 3g iPhone and I think it is a great phone. My view is don't bother about the phone and iPod combination because you have to carry 2 devices (I was doing that-an Ericsson and iPod Touch). The iPhone has matched both nicely into a small form factor to carry around.

Just my thought about this Apple thingy. I believe Apple did not put in the bluetooth data transfer is it is going the direction of what they did to the iPod Touch - through the internet. Remember the Mobile-Me from Apple, the iPhone will integrate with Mobile-Me for data transfer through the internet (and these cost money). I believe Apple is pushing in this direction and all phones will go the same way in a matter of time.

The iPhone has provided a good compromised platform for a phone, PDA and MP3 player. If we expect the iPhone to work like a Nokia (a power phone), then don't get the iPhone.

After using the iPhone and watching what Apple is doing with its App store, I found a similarity in the good old Palm. When I started using the Palm Pilot back in 1998, there were a lot of people writing software for free download. This enabled Palm users to do small functions just like what iPhone is doing now, only better and in nice colours. It's a repeat of Palm history, only better because it's Apple.

One discovery I found about the iPhone is it is dependant on network for it to function properly. When it was log into T-Mobile in US (erratic network signal), it resets itself often and cannot be used. However switching to a strong signal AT&T made the phone work Swee Swee.

Btw, so far I have seen all Apple products are made in China. Anyway, who cares? It's the design and function that matter.

Oh ya, forgotten to reply your sms.....

China iphone might be printed as 16gb...but high chance that it only have 1gb memory. Be careful.

Huh? :surrender:

You say like that make me remember one of my engineer who went china bought a new 8Gb thumb drive, was shown can even hold 8gb! But when he brought back home(sg) after transfering files, he notice something, it was actually 1gb! Rest were under virtual memory!

My office colleague actually bought the 32GB thumbdrive for a song... kena suan all the way in office cuz he was damn proud of his purchase !!!

China "iphone" are not iphone at all. I've seen them in those homes/shops that sells counterfeit brands. the fake iphones just look similar to the iphone.

http://www.therawfeed.com/2008/02/chinese-theft-o-day-best-fake-iphone.html

http://www.dragonkicks.com/product_info.php?cPath=908&products_id=7473

*The fake seems to have more functions than the real one though.....lololol