• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

iPhone

g8crasher

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest angela

i bought 1 for my home minister to use. other than not able to multi sms and battery that depletes faster than superman on kryptonite, the phone is ok. it has not given any problems but then, she doesn't use it as much other than making calls, sms and listening to music on train rides. battery must charge daily.

if they're gonna launch it here, will wait for the new ones as they'll have function upgrades and improved battery.

Insert Quote

i bought 1 for my home minister to use. other than not able to multi sms and battery that depletes faster than superman on kryptonite, the phone is ok. it has not given any problems but then, she doesn't use it as much other than making calls, sms and listening to music on train rides. battery must charge daily.

if they're gonna launch it here, will wait for the new ones as they'll have function upgrades and improved battery.

Battery life performance is dependent on the phone firmware. I am on 1.1.4 and it's definitely better than earlier versions.

Guest Protoss

do a google & u can hack it in 15mins. 10mins to read the instructions, 3mins of execution. 2 mins of waiting time.

Kekeke, our inhouse gadget man sure got lots of pattern. Kakakaka ;D

Guest jenvid

do a google & u can hack it in 15mins. 10mins to read the instructions, 3mins of execution. 2 mins of waiting time.

Kekeke, our inhouse gadget man sure got lots of pattern. Kakakaka ;D

Bro... I can see u today very eng hor... all ur OL, MM bo hiu li si bo ? :tazzie: pat li eh tao tern.... ha ha ha hee hee hee ha ha ha...

Guest Onzal

Furthermore, multi SMS is allowed on v1.1.4. MMS can be enabled thru swirlyMMS and forwarding of SMS/ contacts thru weTool. The functions on this phone is pretty compete other than the awkward keyboard interface.

• 2 months later...

2.0 is quite cool! You can control iTunes on your computer via WiFi thru your iPhone!!! Party tricks galore. AppStore has plenty to choose from.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1041006/Apple-launch-iPhone-nano-time-Christmas.html?ITO=1490

Apple to launch the iPhone 'nano' in time for Christmas

By SIMON FLUENDY

Last updated at 12:27 AM on 03rd August 2008

Apple is about to launch a 'nano' version of the hugely successful iPhone. It is expected to be in the shops in time for Christmas.

The product will be launched in the UK at up to ?150 for pay-as-you-go customers by O2, the mobile phone group owned by Spain's Telefonica. 'This will be a big one,' said an industry source.

Must-have: The nano version of the iPhone is expected to outstrip sales even of the original

'The iPhone 3G has been the fastest-selling phone ever in the UK, but it is too expensive to be a realistic proposition in the pay-as-you-go market.

More...

A mobile phone is the gizmo we can't live without...the best and worst gadgets of all time

Fury as iPhone customers forced to wait hours for mobiles after computer meltdown

'However, a cut down version, with the candy bar shape of iPod nano music players, would be a huge hit as a Christmas gift.'

One expert suggested the nano phone would have a touch wheel on the back and display on the front so that numbers would be dialled from behind.

Singtel are selling the 3g's iphone 16gb at $1700

OMG I think plenty of people are going to be disappointed at this price-performance ratio. The iPhone is a nice phone to have and use but don't expect it to be an entirely smooth sailing experience especially if you have no basic knowledge on re-flashing phone firmware etc.

At $1700, I'd rather spend $300 on a practical Sony Ericsson and use the $1400 on Kleemann parts. At least I know I can take good pictures with the SE K series to post the Kleemann mods. :thumbsup:

Also for iPhone 3G please note that many people are complaining about hairline cracks near the volume button area.

1st gen no such problem as it uses an aluminium plate rather than a plastic one.

>> ASIAONE / DIGITAL / NEWS / STORY

iPhone on sale from Aug 22

Tue, Aug 12, 2008

The Straits Times

SINGAPORE Telecommunications will start selling Apple third-generation iPhone in Singapore on Aug 22, the company said on Tuesday.

SingTel's CEO for Singapore, Mr Allen Lew said that 'there are 'tens of thousands' on its reservation lists', and those who registered online will get priority for the iPhones.

Online reservation is open until Aug 17. Mr Lew said SingTel will release the price of the iPhone later.

For the full story, visit straitstimes.com

CRAZY!!

i love the iphone, but at 1700, i'd rather buy a macbook and carry it around lor and when i want to make a phone call, i'll go and search for a bloody hotspot and call thru VOIP!

And how come in the US, they're selling it at a few hundred bucks but in singapore, almost 2K??

It really doesnt make sense lor..

From the looks of it, can see a parallel import opportunity!!

How Randy, can lobang or not?!?!

Check leow abang. My friend was roaming San Fran + Reno + Florida the last 3 weeks - all asking US$700-800 per unit to sell below the counter. Mobilesquare in Far East is flogging the phone for $1,488.00

This is why you shouldn't touch this phone for the time being -

http://www.macsimumnews.com/index.php/archive/3g_iphone_cases_beginning_to_crack_photos/

The phone runs a little warm and can get hot after 15 minute conversations. Plastic case surely crack from the contractions/expansions. 1st gen metal back no such problems.

g8crasher ]

Check leow abang. My friend was roaming San Fran + Reno + Florida the last 3 weeks - all asking US$700-800 per unit to sell below the counter. Mobilesquare in Far East is flogging the phone for $1,488.00

This is why you shouldn' wrote:

http://www.macsimumnews.com/index.php/archive/3g_iphone_cases_beginning_to_crack_photos/[/url]

The phone runs a little warm and can get hot after 15 minute conversations. Plastic case surely crack from the contractions/expansions. 1st gen metal back no such problems.

Yeah, i heard alot of complaints about the plastic injected back..

Alot of ppl complainin about hairline cracks only after just 2 weeks of use..

Aiyah.. then might as well get the 1st gen iphone lor.. some more can get very cheap leh now..

16gb only abt 600ish..

Just upgraded to firmware 2.01 via pwnage 2.02. Runs smoother now. Apple has started seeding firmware 2.1 beta 3 which is rumoured to include GPS navi capabilities.........

Guest jenvid

narmi ]

http://www.macsimumnews.com/index.php/archive/3g_iphone_cases_beginning_to_crack_photos/[/url]

Aiyah.. then might as well get the 1st gen iphone lor.. some more can get very cheap leh now..

16gb only abt 600ish..

narmi... I want the 16gb one... where to get at $600+ ? PM or IM me lor...

Jenvid ]

16gb only abt 600ish..

narmi... I want the 16gb one... where to get at $600+ ? PM or IM me lor...

bro, u got pm

Guest angela

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/20080811/tc_nf/61270

Apple CEO Steve Jobs has confirmed that the iPhone 3G has a kill switch that can remotely remove software from the devices.

Jobs told The Wall Street Journal that Apple needs the capability in case it inadvertently allows a malicious program -- such as an application that steals user's personal data -- to be distributed to iPhones through its App Store.

"Hopefully we never have to pull that lever, but we would be irresponsible not to have a lever like that to pull," Jobs said.

Switch Not Used

Jobs' statement reveals Apple hasn't used the kill switch yet, but the company did remove an application from the App Store last week.

Apple removed the $999 "I Am Rich" application, which had the sole purpose of showing people the owner has money. The program creates a red icon that sits on the iPhone deck with a the words "I Am Rich" underneath. After the user activates the application, it glows on the handset like a ruby.

Apple initially approved the application, which bumps up against the pricing limit for applications sold on its App Store. The company was not immediately available for comment on why it decided to pull the plug.

Disappearing Acts

But the real controversy started when Jonathan Zdziarski, author of the books iPhone Open Application Development and iPhone Forensics Manual, discovered a URL buried in Apple's firmware. That URL links to a file dubbed "unauthorizedApps" where malicious or simply bad apps might go once they disappear from the App Store.

According to Zdziarski, I Am Rich isn't the only app to disappear. BoxOffice (renamed to Now Playing) and NullRiver's NetShare were also removed. But removing the applications from the App Store and removing them from a consumer's iPhone are two different issues.

"The kill switch is a very controlling gesture. I am not sure why Apple didn't disclose it up front as simply a security measure," said Avi Greengart, an analyst at Current Analysis. "Consumers will accept an awful lot if you let them know what they are accepting."

What Else is Apple Hiding?

In the past, Jobs has said he wants to be careful not to allow applications to bring down the network. Greengart doesn't see that as a major threat, especially since Apple is approving the applications.

However, Greengart said he's less concerned with the "heavy-handed and Big Brotherish" kill switch than the fact that Apple didn't disclose it in the first place. As far as he knows, no other mobile phone has a kill-switch capability.

"To my way of thinking, the issue is that you don't really know what your phone might be doing or not be doing," Greengart said. "I am not 100 percent sure what the capability is or is not. That is the problem. What is the capability? When might they use it? When wouldn't they use it? Is there anything else Apple is not disclosing?"

-----

would this mean that apple can remove software like hacks to allow other service provider's sim card used on the phone? ??? >:( >:( >:(