• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

iPhone

g8crasher

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that have purchased the 3G from SingTel, I suggest you upgrade your firmware to 2.02 as this fixes 3G connection issues. You may upgrade the firmware via iTunes.

Apple News | Apple Confirms 2.0.2 iPhone Firmware to Fix 3G

Wednesday, 20th August 2008, 12:08 pm

Apple has confirmed that the 2.0.2 software update for the iPhone partly fixes the 3G connection issues.

Apple spokeswoman Jennifer Bowcock said on Tuesday, "The software update improves communication with 3G networks."

iPhone customers have complained about dropped calls and other connection issues with the 3G iPhone. Apparently these drops occur when 3G service becomes unavailable and the iPhone switches to Edge during a call.

Read More

NOTE***: If you plan to jailbreak or unlock your 3G iPhone please wait until PwnageTool is updated for 2.0.2. Do not upgrade via iTunes.

Who ever bought and collected this morning and regreted...pm me,i will buy it over from you.More the merrier....

For corporate, iphone can be had for $400

Coporate high plan is $0 Non coporate Normal plan $7xx.

We wont get the stock thats why need many sets to fulfill my customer wish...

Guest jenvid

Who ever bought and collected this morning and regreted...pm me,i will buy it over from you.More the merrier....

For corporate, iphone can be had for $400

Coporate high plan is $0 Non coporate Normal plan $7xx.

We wont get the stock thats why need many sets to fulfill my customer wish...

haha... I also want leh... me on Biz 80 plan... >$400 beyond budget....

ha ha i think this coming meetup, there will be many bros carrying the Iphone. Maybe can share tips on how to optimized its performance. :tazzie:

Pyt an Orange beside it.....It will be a perfect match and optimized performance of Apple & Orange

ha ha i think this coming meetup, there will be many bros carrying the Iphone. Maybe can share tips on how to optimized its performance.

Golden Rule #1 - Always make sure you have a backup of your phone's contents. You can do this in iTunes. Click 'Restore', wait till the message in the windows indicates backing up iPhone contents and pull out the cable once the progress bar indicates it has finished so you won't go into Restore mode.

Golden Rule #2 - Don't suka suka install too many apps. Some are not well written and tend to hang your phone. In some instances, you'll have to do a complete restore.

Golden Rule #3 - 3G internet access DRAINS ALOT OF BATTERY POWER so don't use it unnecessarily.

Golden Rule #4 - 3G iPhone plastic rear casings have a tendency to crack. Black version hides the cracks better than the white version.

Golden Rule #4 - 3G iPhone plastic rear casings have a tendency to crack. Black version hides the cracks better than the white version.

Buy a leather case and solve the problem.

Golden Rules #5 - Dont be a giggy pig

HaHaaaa :yumyum:

Bros, do you guys think the price will drop? or it will stay the same throughout? :pray: and anyone has any idea on the response by Apple to the plastic cover cracking? Very tempted liao! :la:

normal bluetooth connection to vehicle bluetooth handsfree should be fine right?

frankly speaking no one can predict the market whether the price will drop or not.

the bluetooth work perfectly fine with my car bluetooth.

buy a leather case and solve the cover crack problem.

i can predict for sure price will drop one years later hahahahhaha..... :yumyum: :yumyum: :yumyum:

Advise on this 3G iphone....

If you buy this phone from others meaning not buying from Hello shop, pls remember do not attempt to "Hard Format" the device, cos once hard format,it will only recognise the first Sim Card which had register with this imei.....

Reset the device by deleting the application 1 by 1.

Once you hard format, your device will be network lock again...

• 1 month later...
Guest angela

Hi all,

I'm a Mac user and recently got an iphone. In my opinion, it's really a horrible phone. Lacks a lot of basic functions like forwarding, mms, bluetooth. But it really works well for other usage. Wonderful on internet, songs and everything else except functioning as a phone. My recommendation for anyone that ones an iphone is to get an itouch and a normal nokia/ericsson/etc HP to go with it. You get the best of both world this way.

Oh ya...notice how Singtel advertise iphone during F1 season...it says iphone gets you to the internet faster, everything faster...but never mention anything about the phone function itself. hahah

just my 1 cents worth. no offense ya! cheers!!