• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W124 Repair Blog

g8crasher

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need a front bumper too. mine is cracked at the bottom, torn off on one side and scratched on the other side. plus scratches on the doors, back bumper, piece of metal sticking out near the back door.......... :(

I bought my new front bumper plus protector set at $180 (1995 W124 look)

Spray paint plus installation at $250

Guest mercw124

For spare parts - try getting them at Tye Soon off waterloo street :D

Just replaced my front shock absorbers, absorber mountings, engine mountings, front and rear ball joints...Big bill man!

The cruz of the problem - my engine stalling problem when i cruise to a stop using just the brake to control the speed, had the OVP relay repalced with a new one today..seems to be doing the trick so far!

Guest mercw124

Had some forumners PM-ing me on the total cost of my current job:

1 pair of front bilstein comfort shocks at $175.00

1 pair of front absorber mounts at $45.00

2 pairs of ball joints (front and rear) at $72.00

1 set of engine and gear mounts at $230.00 (purchased from workshop)

1 OVP relay at $45.00

Total cost of workmanship:

First visit to change engine mounts at $80.00

Second visit at $100.00

What I can see is that the engine mounts have reduced my engine strain and it is much more light footed and quieter:D

Shifting of gear also doesnt cause jerkyness too..car's more stable and firm now with my fingers getting crossed on the relay that it helps!

kel confirm fibre type. if pu these price i will stock up liao

haha

ya lor, I currently looking for rear bump lei..

qes78 got kangtao :clap: :clap:

jus trying to help out. hope it works out for everyone. Some of his parts quite wasted if it's just scrapped like that

Good news to share with fellow W124 owners. After swapping out the muffler for a new one, fuel consumption has improved with the same style of driving! I used to get 420km per tank and the range has now increased to 440-450km over the last 3 fill ups. I do alot of city driving so I can only imagine you peeps doing the highways grabbing even better returns.

Just as a benchmark, I use Caltex Silver 95 or Shell 95 and am officially not fitted with a catalytic converter being a 1991 model.

Guest sirBenz

Good news to share with fellow W124 owners. After swapping out the muffler for a new one, fuel consumption has improved with the same style of driving! I used to get 420km per tank and the range has now increased to 440-450km over the last 3 fill ups. I do alot of city driving so I can only imagine you peeps doing the highways grabbing even better returns.

Just as a benchmark, I use Caltex Silver 95 or Shell 95 and is not officially fitted with a catalytic converter being a 1991 model.

bro, $260 for 7% return sounds like a worthwhile investment, will be visiting jeep chee soon. Anybody wanna do group buy?

MB98 where did u get yours from?

Parts from PAS Auto Parts (Blk 32 Sin Ming Drive 01-325) Tel: 64523938

Most of my car parts brought from PAS (Reasonable pricing)

Install & Spray painting from Lee Kiong Painting (Blk 1018 #01-340 Yishun Industrial Pk A) Tel: 67587941

Just as a benchmark, I use Caltex Silver 95 or Shell 95 and am officially not fitted with a catalytic converter being a 1991 model.

Bro, so u went down the path that Keltanky did? Or what did you change to?

Heya bro, I just swapped out the muffler. That's it. Cannot touch anything else. I've already gone and bought new RCA plugs from Sim Lim Tower coz the existing plugs going into the headunit have gone soft from all that heat in the center console area below the aircon control unit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Might resolder on some new connectors this weekend.

Heya bro, I just swapped out the muffler. That's it. Cannot touch anything else. I've already gone and bought new RCA plugs from Sim Lim Tower coz the existing plugs going into the headunit have gone soft from all that heat in the center console area below the aircon control unit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Might resolder on some new connectors this weekend.

cut and paste job or cat-back swap?

Guest sirBenz

Just as a benchmark, I use Caltex Silver 95 or Shell 95 and is not officially fitted with a catalytic converter being a 1991 model.

bro, $260 for 7% return sounds like a worthwhile investment, will be visiting jeep chee soon. Anybody wanna do group buy?

Got mine replaced today, like what bro g8crasher mentioned b4 Andy & Chin Ann are indeed top blokes. FC b4 replacement is 300Km from F - 1/2 tank, 20% city & 80% Highway. will update on FC soon

From their diagnosis, did your muffler suffer a "broken heart" as well ? Anyway welcome aboard the new muffler owner's wagon! :thumbsup: looking forward to hearing some stellar results from your end!!

Guest sirBenz

From their diagnosis, did your muffler suffer a "broken heart" as well ? Anyway welcome aboard the new muffler owner's wagon! :thumbsup: looking forward to hearing some stellar results from your end!!

Andy said mine wasn't as bad as yours but a goner as well. They help me to slap on the AMG muffler tip for FOC. Surprisingly now the old girl become lot more quieter .

basket, if you guys get better FC, hai.. I going to :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: so far mine at least 450km, 50% highway 50% city at best will only reach 480km MAX! must go 1 day check the injectors and my cold intake.

after mine done hor, now whenever either my dad/sis drives back, i can hear the note from 4th floor lei... only slightly softer than the EVO X/ Airterk Turbo that's in my carpark!! :death: