• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Where to buy your Mercedes Parts locally!

Guest kepiting1sg

I am new in this forum. Just brought a W126 1981 280S.

Does anyone know where can I find the emblem of 280S and also my meter is not functioning.

The meter reading malfunction maintain at 0 and also when I on the light the dashboard is blank so it pose as a danger.

Any one has any reliable mechanic to recommend.

Also the clock is not working.

Desmond

I am new in this forum. Just brought a W126 1981 280S.

Does anyone know where can I find the emblem of 280S and also my meter is not functioning.

The meter reading malfunction maintain at 0 and also when I on the light the dashboard is blank so it pose as a danger.

Any one has any reliable mechanic to recommend.

Also the clock is not working.

Desmond

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Desmond,

The emblem could probably be ordered through any of the stockists like tye soon or sing tat.

As for the meter, I would suggest ebay, the reason is that you have to match the cluster to the car, because different cars may have different gear ratios. Yours is a 280S so it will be different from the 300SEL or 420SEL. Problems from using the wrong instrument cluster include wrong RPM indication and wrong speed indication. This may be what you need, but I'm not 100% sure, please match yours correctly. http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Kombi-Instrument-Mercedes-Benz-280-S-SE-SEL-Mercedes-Benz-W126-W-126-/201395212533?hash=item2ee41710f5

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.

Henry A. Kissinger

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, need help here. My 2009 ML350 W164 had the engine light on and engine misfiring. Sluggish and petrol consumption terrible. Long story short brought to C&C and diagnosed as ECU error, O2 sensors and the whole nine yards. At least $10K to fix :startle: . Decided to take back and look for alternative solution.

Anybody know which workshop can potentially fix these issues or if not where to get the ECU fixed, replaced at a more reasonable cost?

Thanks very much in advance for your advice.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum. Bought a preowned 2010 E250 CGI. Been trying to find out where I can purchase an aux cable to play music on my iPhone 6s. Well, it wasn't in the glove compartment when I bought the car... 

Do stockist keep such stock? 

If Yes, any idea which one? 

• 4 months later...
On 3/12/2017 at 10:32 PM, YEN96 said:

Anyone bought Mercedes spare parts Premier Auto Parts Pte Ltd at Blk 32 Sin Ming Dr #01-335 Singapore 575706.

Shop is opposite the big coffee shop with big yellow signboard.

Bought battery and engine cover from them before. Called up a few other stockists to check for prices before and their prices for both items were the lowest. Engine cover came in original Mercedes packaging. But based on my experiences with different stockists, always call up a few of them to compare prices if you want to get the best deal. No one stockist will always have the lowest price for all the parts. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2012-2-6 at 2:57 PM, Guest LF918 said:

Hi all,

Just wondering where to get a replacement of battery for W204.C&C is charging $500++.Any suggestion or recommendation?

Thank you!

Go to ace battery and tyre at midview city. Look for ah siong. Best priced varta agm batteries fitted and also free battery test with a digital tester service available. Varta is the oem battery brand for Mercedes.

Iirc 70ah agm varta is $290, 80ah agm varta is $330, 95ah agm varta is $450. All with gst and fitting inclusive.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear bros and sis, 

Currently driving a jap car and very tempted to buy an entry level merc but very worried about maintenance cost. May I check, around how many percent more does Merc parts cost compared to Toyota/ Honda? Thanks. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dream said:

Dear bros and sis, 

Currently driving a jap car and very tempted to buy an entry level merc but very worried about maintenance cost. May I check, around how many percent more does Merc parts cost compared to Toyota/ Honda? Thanks. 

Hey bro, welcome to the forum :)

Firstly, if you don't mind, let me ask some questions..

I am almost a new entry level merc owner - the bread van to be precise..

I bought my W246 because it had the right mix of features I wanted. The badge was not even secondary, it was probably the third or fourth tier reason. 

It had the right safety features (best in class), the best CD ratio, space (more than an E Class), enough power - I do long distance drives to M'sia, and decent FC. Plus it's made in Germany, not something that all Mercs can boast of.

So if the badge is the main reason, you should be careful. It will cost more, especially if you are like me, coming from a Honda. But I service at Kah, and they charge quite a bit too. So my net costs don't go up as much as someone who has been servicing outside, scrimping on parts, and extending the durations between services. If you want the badge and fret about paying, eg $150 for a MFA entry level Merc Air Cabin Filter from C&C, then you may want to reconsider your decision.

For the price of an A Class for example, you have many other choices, but when I bought my bread van, the net outlay was not too much more than the Honda I was looking at, and those additional features gave me the right reasons to buy. And I came to the forum to learn about places to service, get parts etc, but I do know that C&C charges more than your average Toyota/Honda. So go in with your eyes open.

In order not to OT here, you may want to go into the specific car model threads and ask more about service costs there?

All the best and I hope you do join the club eventually after a careful decision :) 

• Like 1

Thanks Bros/ Sis for your reply. To be exact, I am looking at the A180, Style. I understand that the parts will definitely be more expensive than Honda/ Toyota. But roughly around how many percent more? 10-15%? 30%? 40%?

Just wanna make sure I can afford the maintenance before taking the plunge! :-)

In my opinion, Conti car parts are not necessary more expensive. Certain make do priced their parts way way above the sky, thats mainly because there isnt much competition around.

For Merc in particular, there is many stockist here. Some parts are really reasonable.

Same goes for workshop too.

6 hours ago, Dream said:

Thanks Bros/ Sis for your reply. To be exact, I am looking at the A180, Style. I understand that the parts will definitely be more expensive than Honda/ Toyota. But roughly around how many percent more? 10-15%? 30%? 40%?

Just wanna make sure I can afford the maintenance before taking the plunge! :-)

So bro

why do you want the A180?

because it drives well? Powerful? FC?

if you have a good reason and it's not merely the badge, you will enjoy it more..

furthermore if you have been using the Toyota or Honda service centers, you won't find the maintenance of an entry level merc to be too high   ..

• 4 weeks later...

Gallop Autoparts

3 Pemimpin Drive #02-05, Lip Hing Industrial Building Singapore 576147

Tel : (65) 6258 7203 Fax : (65) 6258 7395

Email : [email protected] web: http://www.gallopaut.../contactus.aspx

Monday - Friday : 9am - 6pm Saturday : 9am - 1pm (Shop Open Sat but they don’t sell parts as Sat is their days stock take etc) Sunday & Public Holidays : Closed

Min Ghee Auto Pte Ltd

8, Jalan Lembah Kallang, #01-01 Min Ghee Building, S339564

Tel: (65) 6298 3888 (15 Lines) • Fax:(65) 6297 0863 •

Email: [email protected] web: http://www.minghee.com

Mercedes Benz Department

Mr Ong Hai Choon

Tel No.: (65) 6298 9627 Fax No.: (65) 6294 1450

Goldenlink Auto Oversea enquiries Email : [email protected]

Web:http://www.goldenlink.com.sg/

Kaki Bukit Branch 1 Kaki Bukit Road 1 01-43 Enterprise One S(415394)

Tel: 6749 9323

Waterloo Street Branch

Blk 261 Waterloo Street #01-30 Singapore 180261

Tel:6337 1133 6337 1134

Sin Min Autocare Branch Block 176 Sin Ming Drive #02-19 Sin Ming Autocare Singapore 575721

Tel:6553 1101 6553 1201

Surpass Auto Parts Supplies Pte Ltd

Mr Lim

KB Industrial Building #01-33 10 Kaki Bukit Road 1 (S)416175

Tel: 67476016

Hup Soon Tat Auto Tdg

466 Serangoon Road #01-01 S(218225)

Tel:62947100

Email: [email protected]

Premier Auto Parts Pte Ltd

Blk 32 Sin Ming Drive #01-335 Singapore 575706

Tel: 6458 7833

Tye Soon Limited

3C Toh Guan Road East Tye Soon Building S608832

Tel : (65) 6567 8101 (Sales)

Email : [email protected]

Web: http://www.tyesoon.com.sg

Another Town Office branch at: (Majority Merc Original Parts, not so much OEM parts)

Blk 261, Waterloo Street #01-31/37 Waterloo Centre, Singapore 180261

Tel: 6336 6439

Chua Auto Supply

138 Owen Road

Tel: 63920758

Eng Soon Auto Pte Ltd (Only sell OEM parts)

1090,1092,1094 Serangoon Road, Spore 328192

Tel: 6291 7775

Automexim Supplies & Parts House Pte Ltd

580 Serangoon Rd, Singapore 218194

Phone: 6295 5593

• Like 1

• 3 months later...