• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Probably e best prawn noodles in singapore

Guest flairco

Guest flairco

Presenting to you - probably e best prawn noodles in singapore.

I stay in woodlands, i m crazy abt prawn noodles and would travel to anywhere in singapore in search of good prawn noodles. well, never did i expect to find e best one i ever tasted in my own neighbourhood?

Woodlands Visa Point 2nd Floor food court (near to the toilet - easily missed) - Blk 548 Woodlands Drive 44

Why i like it so much

1. The noodles, if you wish to add noodles. Is free. Just say so they won't charge you a single cent more

2. Their chilli, is really really good. add more chilli for the packing punch

3. their soup - wah lao eh. Tak kong! try it - their soup they purposely do not boil it. just small fire. Coz prawn noodles soup, when it is damn hot, u can't taste the body and character

4. the prawn is one whole prawn, not stingy like others cut into half

5. generous serving of fishcake etc

6. try other versions, like with clams, with big prawns, with bak kut

7. last and not least, why i m so attracted to this stall, is that they do their own soy sauce with padi, garlic and ginger. MUST TRY!! this soy sauce is kept away from their chilli powder condiments section. It is kept on top of the counter. Do not miss it!

Your's truly - Flairco

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

flairco wrote:

vista point no helicopter pad for landing your helicopter ley. ha. joking : )

I just went there...the name of the store is mian dui mian ..... the portion is not bad ..quite nice and the chilli with garlic,ginger,not bad lah.... good and value for money...

noodles is a lot, BTW the carpark at the top is open air ,,,big enough to land my helicopter

muhahahahahaha

Guest Cklasse

I like the one in a coffee shop at Henderson. It has that half sliced prawns and kang kong and that good old taste of prawn mee that I had when I was in my primary school days in the 70s. Simple and not fancy.

Guest chiaster

NewC180 wrote:

Try River South at Pheng Geck Ave, beside the old Macpherson hawker centre. The soup is damn solid, I'm addicted and go there almost every week.

I agree! The soup is REALLY good! My girlfriend absolutely loves the food here and we even had it twice over 2 consecutive days! Must try! :)

Hate the roads around the area though... Uneven surfaces and metal plates everywhere with all that underground work... Urgh...

chiaster wrote:

I agree! The soup is REALLY good! My girlfriend absolutely loves the food here and we even had it twice over 2 consecutive days! Must try! :)

Hate the roads around the area though... Uneven surfaces and metal plates everywhere with all that underground work... Urgh...

yeap i cant agree more it has been more than 10 years that i started visit there

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rickimky

jsiau wrote:

yeap i cant agree more it has been more than 10 years that i started visit there

Is this the place called "Hoe Nam"?

gf's fav place too. and it opens till late so great option after knocking off late.

how about Wah Kee Prawn noodles @ Pek Kio?

Actually I'm not a fan of prawns nor prawn noodles (gf is) but have to admit the Pek Kio soup is pretty darn good.

Guest NewC180

rickimky wrote:

Is this the place called "Hoe Nam"?

gf's fav place too. and it opens till late so great option after knocking off late.

how about Wah Kee Prawn noodles @ Pek Kio?

Actually I'm not a fan of prawns nor prawn noodles (gf is) but have to admit the Pek Kio soup is pretty darn good.

Yes, "Hoe Nam" means River South in Chinese. From what I know, lunch time and dinner time are operated by 2 different groups, and the taste is slightly different. Give it a try during lunch time and see if you can tell the difference. BTW, lunch time during weekends are SUPER crowded, better to go before 11am or after 2pm, weekdays are not so bad but still crowded.

Will go and try the Pek Kio one of these days..

• 8 months later...

beach road big prawn mee at upper east coast road near katong area, anyone tried yet? quite nice but recently i think standard drop alittle la. inflation so i guess they reduce cost. quite ex though, minimum $6 dollars closed every tueday. operatin hours from 0700hrs to 1500hrs or sold out whichever comes first.

• 1 month later...
Guest macbenz

Hmmm....I think there is 2 major, very major, different kind of prawn noodle ....one the Penang kind, which is not spicy but the soup is mild but very flavorful. The other one is exemplified by Hoe Nam. Super spicy ++++ the more the better. And can still add some more "powder".

Guest jhun_4040

subaru67 wrote:

i like the macspherson 1 too... hoe nam i think:whistle:

yup, that is hoe nam. But the soup..spicy meh ? i mean if u dun add the spice powder.

to meet is rather more sweet le, u can easily taste the rock sugar

• 4 months later...