• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Buying accessories from jbspeed or cargym

Guest rogeryap

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest desmondtoo

Ok Guys, an update on the GB. The order was placed on the 8th Morning. The confirmation of the purchase was received on the very day. On the 10th, WSTO emailed to ask for US$40.50 as shipping charges. I wrote back to demand an explanation, this is the reply:

Their online purchase website is a third party system, which handles small quantity purchases. The shipping charges is directly linked to USPS for calculation, and it is unable to workout any bulk purchases(more than 4 units). Any bulk purchases would require WSTO to workout manually and reply to customers. Which explains when you enter quantity as '1' it works out the shipping charges as $13.50, and when key in up to 4 units shipping is $27.90(total weight of the package at 5lbs), and when entering 5 and above, it turns out as $0. This is their system short coming which they acknowledged.

The system also has another problem:frusty:, it does not indicate the availability of the stock. As per now, WSTO only have 15 units(we ordered 22). The stock is coming in on the 17th March(to be confirmed by email).

I was pissed!!!:mad: Their response to emails are too slow(I've been sending emails for verification, but either slow or no replies)! I stayed up, to wait for US central time to go online chat with their customer service. Gave them a piece of my mind!!! The website should warn customers to verify shipping charges if they're purchasing more units, and also to verify stock availability. Not just accept any order, and inconvenience the customers.

I have asked for free shipping(trying!), since its their short coming. They can't ship free(Unker, > 5 oso not free la...Just F**K tub system!). They apologized and willing to give us a full refund if we decide to forego the purchase.

I apologize for a half-F**k job done! Paisei...:sorry:

Need your consent to carry-on or cancel the order! After averaging out, the USPS Shipping charge(US$40.50/22 = $1.84 x 1.3) = S$2.40 per piece. If you ask me, its not a lot. After all this hassle, I'll just go ahead with it(That's me).

Pls indicate 'Yes' or 'No':

1. desmondtoo - yes

2. Tud Tud -

3. lightning - yes

4. NewC180 - yes

5. 6008 - yes

6. blackmercs -

7. jsiau -

8. achuafc -

9. blackknight - YES

10. Blessed -

11. extra6 -

12. Maniac -

13. i6u - Yes, not an issue.

14. iceberg77 -

15. actioneer -

16. Teoh

For those who already responded so far...Thanks!

Again paisei for the delay and inconvenience caused! I do not want to delay the order further, so hope you can revert sooner!!! I'll cancel or complete the order by today(Sat, 12th March) 2359hrs, decision based on the in-coming consents.

desmondtoo wrote:

Hahaha...That's what Bro 6008 is doing now!!!:becky:

Haha ... I'm stocking up . So if anyone want it in last min I will make profit by charging them double . Hehe... No lah , I got 3 more bros that want that fob . I got mine at higher price . So my bros have a better bargain . However , that key fob fits really well .

Guest desmondtoo

Ok Guys, an update on the GB. The order was placed on the 8th Morning. The confirmation of the purchase was received on the very day. On the 10th, WSTO emailed to ask for US$40.50 as shipping charges. I wrote back to demand an explanation, this is the reply:

Their online purchase website is a third party system, which handles small quantity purchases. The shipping charges is directly linked to USPS for calculation, and it is unable to workout any bulk purchases(more than 4 units). Any bulk purchases would require WSTO to workout manually and reply to customers. Which explains when you enter quantity as '1' it works out the shipping charges as $13.50, and when key in up to 4 units shipping is $27.90(total weight of the package at 5lbs), and when entering 5 and above, it turns out as $0. This is their system short coming which they acknowledged.

The system also has another problem:frusty:, it does not indicate the availability of the stock. As per now, WSTO only have 15 units(we ordered 22). The stock is coming in on the 17th March(to be confirmed by email).

I was pissed!!!:mad: Their response to emails are too slow(I've been sending emails for verification, but either slow or no replies)! I stayed up, to wait for US central time to go online chat with their customer service. Gave them a piece of my mind!!! The website should warn customers to verify shipping charges if they're purchasing more units, and also to verify stock availability. Not just accept any order, and inconvenience the customers.

I have asked for free shipping(trying!), since its their short coming. They can't ship free(Unker, > 5 oso not free la...Just F**K tub system!). They apologized and willing to give us a full refund if we decide to forego the purchase.

Need your consent to carry-on or cancel the order! After averaging out, the USPS Shipping charge(US$40.50/22 = $1.84 x 1.3) = S$2.40 per piece. If you ask me, its not a lot. After all this hassle, I'll just go ahead with it(That's me).

1. desmondtoo - yes

2. Tud Tud -

3. lightning - yes

4. NewC180 - yes

5. 6008 - yes

6. blackmercs - yes

7. jsiau -

8. achuafc -

9. blackknight - YES

10. Blessed -

11. extra6 -

12. Maniac -

14. iceberg77 -

15. actioneer -

16. Teoh

Again paisei for the delay and inconvenience caused! I do not want to delay the order further, so hope you can revert sooner!!! I'll cancel or complete the order by today(Sat, 12th March) 2359hrs, decision based on the in-coming consents.

Guest jsiau

OK, lah , you "XING KU LE" must waste breath to fxxk them upside down.. "BTW SONG A NOT"

desmondtoo wrote:

1. desmondtoo - yes

2. Tud Tud -

3. lightning - yes

4. NewC180 - yes

5. 6008 - yes

6. blackmercs -

7. jsiau - YES

8. achuafc -

9. blackknight - YES

10. Blessed -

11. extra6 -

12. Maniac -

14. iceberg77 -

15. actioneer -

16. Teoh

Guest iceberg77

Sorry that you had to go through this type of trouble for the GB bro. I am fine for the extra charge. Pls go ahead with the deal. Let me know if you need another transfer or we can pass u the cash when we collect ?

Guest Tud Tud

1. desmondtoo - yes

2. Tud Tud - yes

3. lightning - yes

4. NewC180 - yes

5. 6008 -

6. blackmercs -

7. jsiau -

8. achuafc -

9. blackknight - YES

10. Blessed -

11. extra6 -

12. Maniac -

14. iceberg77 -

15. actioneer -

16. Teoh

Guest desmondtoo

1. desmondtoo - yes

2. Tud Tud - yes

3. lightning - yes

4. NewC180 - yes

5. 6008 - yes

6. blackmercs - yes

7. jsiau - yes

8. achuafc -

9. blackknight - YES

10. Blessed - yes

11. extra6 -

12. Maniac -

14. iceberg77 - yes

15. actioneer -

16. Teoh -

Guest desmondtoo

Ok, I've majority voted for 'Yes' to complete the order with the extra shipping charges. I'll proceed now and update here when the seller ship out the items. As for the rest of Bros that hv not replied, if there's violent objection, I'll give you a refund, and take over your order. Again paisei for the delay! Cheers!!!

desmondtoo wrote:

Ok, I've majority voted for 'Yes' to complete the order with the extra shipping charges. I'll proceed now and update here when the seller ship out the items. As for the rest of Bros that hv not replied, if there's violent objection, I'll give you a refund, and take over your order. Again paisei for the delay! Cheers!!!

Bro, I am prepared to take over an additional 1 more if such situation arises.

Guest desmondtoo

actioneer wrote:

desmond bro sorry was away on trip. "Yes" to the shipping charges, and support either action you choose :becky: :cheer2:

No worries Bro...noted with Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest desmondtoo

Hi Bros, a quick update on the GB, the stock for the key holders is complete and already packed for shipping. Hope it will arrive here before our next GTG(this coming Sunday), but don't put too much expectation. I'll keep you guys posted...Cheers!:wave:

Guest Tud Tud

Cheers to you bro!!!

desmondtoo wrote:

Hi Bros, a quick update on the GB, the stock for the key holders is complete and already packed for shipping. Hope it will arrive here before our next GTG(this coming Sunday), but don't put too much expectation. I'll keep you guys posted...Cheers!:wave:

Guest desmondtoo

Hi Guys,

Good news, our Leather holders have arrived. Received the package this morning. Had check through all and they are in good condition. See below:

5557867590_2b88eee1f8_z.jpg

5557868456_5cc1d68b00_z.jpg

5557869224_8d078a3e4a_z.jpg

5557285411_bea0077bd5_z.jpg

5557870898_3c028c6c8a_z.jpg

5557287271_8ce48a189e_z.jpg

5557288145_07c33314b0_z.jpg

5557874268_d68c94f9f8_z.jpg

5557290749_7e17300a9a_z.jpg

Bro Jsiau, the 2nd & 3rd last photos is your holder(Last Gen Key).

Bro i6u, paisei no extra piece, all accounted for...:sorry:

Collection will be at this Sunday GTG, Kallang carpark 'F', from 4.30-6.30pm(Look for my plate 6886). Please come ya, collect your holder(s) and join in for the photo shooting.

For those that have missed this GB, and intent to start another one, please read through this thread before placing order. Can also contact me for verification. Cheers!:rockon:

Guest Tud Tud

Swee.

Bro Desmond, let us know what's the extra amt we need to top up so that we can prepare exact change. Save u the trouble from finding a coin changing machine at place where birds won't lay eggs.