• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

My Humble Ride

Guest desmondtoo

kepiting1sg wrote:

U are only changing the tips and not the muffler - no problem one.

Change muffler then must get approval.

So U changing exos tips nia or including the mufflers?

sunat LC excos tips no need LTA approval!

Dun believe U can tok to my good fren in LTA Engineering Dept (responsible for mods).

If U change exos muffler, cat back or turbo back or headers, then need LTA blessings!

If U wanna walk that road, Unker can guide U!

sunat lc tips no need approval wan!!!!

I sunat U want? :lol:

" THOSE " users love mine without sunat . They say don't want to risk losing the fantastic " Rubba Rubba " sensations . Hahaha....... :becky::becky::becky:

Don't want to take :fish: . GLKT . You know what i mean ???

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kepiting1sg

6008 wrote:

" THOSE " users love mine without sunat . They say don't want to risk losing the fantastic " Rubba Rubba " sensations . Hahaha....... :becky::becky::becky:

Don't want to take :fish: . GLKT . You know what i mean ???

We tok about your exos at the la kopi session! cya!!!!

knocking off opic early - goin to the gym to torture myself - BBPCB!!!:Cry:

kepiting1sg wrote:

My wife is nickname Ranjungan which in Indonesia mean Flower Crab.

My son is named Thunder Crab - We are a Crabby Family......muhahahaha!

If I tell U my wife & me like to eat kerang bulu or in plain english is call hairy clams - U probably dun believe!

Cum here & Unker shall direct U to 2 types of Hairy Clams......muhahahah!

Cum to the La Kopi Session........compdev.gif

Business or Pleasure!

Welcum to Indonesia my frens!!!!

indomie.gifindomie.gifindomie.gif

I think there is a high possibility that we could be cousin or long distant relative . Cos during my school days , my teacher always say that I'm full of crabs . When i go ktv , the girls there say that I have crab hands . Also now a days after late nite mahjong , I walk like crab . I think I'm from the crab tribes too . Hahaha .....:becky:

Guest NewC180

desmondtoo wrote:

If die die must choose one, I'll take the 2nd one, but it is damn hard to clean. The first one looks too bling to me.

If I have another choice, I'll take those on blackmercs ex e-cab. The design is timeless.

My 2 jiam....

Guest desmondtoo

chiaster wrote:

I would go for the 7 twin-spokes, bro... Looks good... :)

6008 wrote:

Me 2nd your view ! 7 looks more CHIO !!!:whistle:

blackmercs wrote:

None of the above :)

NewC180 wrote:

If die die must choose one, I'll take the 2nd one, but it is damn hard to clean. The first one looks too bling to me.

If I have another choice, I'll take those on blackmercs ex e-cab. The design is timeless.

My 2 jiam....

Thks for the input Bros!

The Brake dust is the main reason I'm looking at these two shoes. The first one is two tones, and the second is Matt black. Our excessive brake dust not very obvious on black.

Spotted the 7 twin-spokes on the AMG website, nice but the high black gloss interior also means water spots.

Then saw the 2nd one at Le**g S**g. Matt finishing, something different, plus no water stains. But totally agrees with Bro NewC180, damn difficult to wash!

Well, will take note of your advices...look look see see 1st...:eek:

Guest blackmercs

desmondtoo wrote:

Thks for the input Bros!

The Brake dust is the main reason I'm looking at these two shoes. The first one is two tones, and the second is Matt black. Our excessive brake dust not very obvious on black.

Spotted the 7 twin-spokes on the AMG website, nice but the high black gloss interior also means water spots.

Then saw the 2nd one at Le**g S**g. Matt finishing, something different, plus no water stains. But totally agrees with Bro NewC180, damn difficult to wash!

Well, will take note of your advices...look look see see 1st...:eek:

Bro if brake dust is bothering u, take my BBK front. All yr worries will be gone!! Just name me a reasonable price & is yrs. Swee bor?

Guest desmondtoo

blackmercs wrote:

Bro if brake dust is bothering u, take my BBK front. All yr worries will be gone!! Just name me a reasonable price & is yrs. Swee bor?

Bro to bro, I'm sure you'll offer at a gd price. I did check out the AMG BBK at Benzline. But will stick with the stock for now...:smile:

Guest desmondtoo

6008 wrote:

Hey bro . I'm gonna find a can opener later and you know what I'm gonna do . Help me order one set after that . Thanks ! Chio man !

Muahaha...before you do that, consult Unker Cheem first. I think he did that to his recently...:becky::becky:

desmondtoo wrote:

Muahaha...before you do that, consult Unker Cheem first. I think he did that to his recently...:becky::becky:

Oh ya . Better seek lau chieow advice before I operate on it . Later look like sardines can loo siow liao . Hehe ..

Guest kepiting1sg

6008 wrote:

Oh ya . Better seek lau chieow advice before I operate on it . Later look like sardines can loo siow liao . Hehe ..

Found the old style can-opener that open ayam brand sardine albit slow and I went to Home-Fix to buy a Black & Decker jig-saw instead.

Now I call my W212 Chop Ayam Car-boh-let!!!!

cya next Fri sayang! :lol:

mercedes-benz-e-class-cabriolet-2010-2.png

CASEEZ-2T.jpg

kepiting1sg wrote:

Found the old style can-opener that open ayam brand sardine albit slow and I went to Home-Fix to buy a Black & Decker jig-saw instead.

Now I call my W212 Chop Ayam Car-boh-let!!!!

cya next Fri sayang! :lol:

mercedes-benz-e-class-cabriolet-2010-2.png

CASEEZ-2T.jpg

Unker , pls bring along those barang barang on our la kopi session . Same time hands on and help me open the top . Then we have the same model already . Thanks leh !

Guest actioneer

6008 wrote:

Bro , its not the problem with the exhaust . The problem is the welding part . LTA forbids welding as i was told .:Cry:

Yo Bro Anthony, please note on exhaust tip welding:-

1) Factory exhaust tip is supposedly internally smooth at welding point between the tip and muffler. After-market welding points between the tip and muffler mostly are not smooth, resulting in collection of condensed water from the air. That is why you see some cars in morning with lots of white smoke coming out of exhaust (the heated exhaust air evaporating the collected water). Even some factory welded ones do that too if they are not well done.

2) Factory welding material does not rust, after-market welding material does rust ( I confirmed that with a very well-known local exhaust welder, and had my last car done on it - they rusted within 3 month). That means the point where water is collected in the exhaust tip will gradually rust through. The welders are smart, and they will spray anti-rust coating on the welded point if you complain, but that don't last since they didn't/can't spray the inside of the tip. If the owners are non-car savvy type, once the rust reached the muffler the repair cost will be high (since they cut the factory tip off near to the muffler - and your original ones may be they can resell again).

3) If hit curb when reversing or in a minor collision, the factory welded tip will tahan much better than the after market one. Imagine the after market ones dropped onto the floor.

4) Factory Tip chrome/shine will last. After market ones need to tikam (by chance, some can some cannot).

Lastly, rounded exhaust tips also not bad looking. Although trapezium looking ones more hiong, but Toyota (Mark X) also using them, so keep to factory may be worth considering for you.

Just my 2 cents. Cheers!

Guest blackknight

actioneer wrote:

Yo Bro Anthony, please note on exhaust tip welding:-

1) Factory exhaust tip is supposedly internally smooth at welding point between the tip and muffler. After-market welding points between the tip and muffler mostly are not smooth, resulting in collection of condensed water from the air. That is why you see some cars in morning with lots of white smoke coming out of exhaust (the heated exhaust air evaporating the collected water). Even some factory welded ones do that too if they are not well done.

2) Factory welding material does not rust, after-market welding material does rust ( I confirmed that with a very well-known local exhaust welder, and had my last car done on it - they rusted within 3 month). That means the point where water is collected in the exhaust tip will gradually rust through. The welders are smart, and they will spray anti-rust coating on the welded point if you complain, but that don't last since they didn't/can't spray the inside of the tip. If the owners are non-car savvy type, once the rust reached the muffler the repair cost will be high (since they cut the factory tip off near to the muffler - and your original ones may be they can resell again).

3) If hit curb when reversing or in a minor collision, the factory welded tip will tahan much better than the after market one. Imagine the after market ones dropped onto the floor.

4) Factory Tip chrome/shine will last. After market ones need to tikam (by chance, some can some cannot).

Lastly, rounded exhaust tips also not bad looking. Although trapezium looking ones more hiong, but Toyota (Mark X) also using them, so keep to factory may be worth considering for you.

Just my 2 cents. Cheers!

I had welded tips on my car and they are as good as new since 2 years ago, although I have to agree that they do need a round of polish and it will shine better...no white smoke when starting or moving off etc...

Bro actioneer . Noted ur advise . Will discuss more on these during our la kopi session . Now the concern is not only on the rust . Understand that lta inspection will be an issue too . See you on 18th . Cheers !

Guest actioneer

blackknight wrote:

I had welded tips on my car and they are as good as new since 2 years ago, although I have to agree that they do need a round of polish and it will shine better...no white smoke when starting or moving off etc...

Hi bro good for you, may be the workmanship in your case is very good and the welding material different? Everyday morning around 7am I see lots of cars with white smoke. Note: timing counts too, you wouldn't see smoke when car started at 12pm since the little bit of water mostly already evaporated into air.

BTW have you checked the welding point under the tips for rust when car jacked up? [ I love to see my car under-belly when servicing :becky:] The white smoke only happens in the early morning or cold rainy day, and after the car move off since by then the exhaust air is getting very hot. Most of the time those "minor smoke" owners would not even realize it since it can't be seen from the rear view mirror.

BTW these are just my humble observation. Like the welder owner I spoke to last time: "By the time the tip can drop off or affect the muffler you already changed the car liao, why worry so much?" :shocked: Very true indeed, especially a anti-rust paint can slow down that process. Just that I like the car rust free, and to know my car don't have a long-term hidden "disease" haha.

PS: not all car with welded tip may rust hor, I am no expert in this, just my observation + own experience. Other experts can share your views please :becky:

Guest blackknight

6008 wrote:

Bro actioneer . Noted ur advise . Will discuss more on these during our la kopi session . Now the concern is not only on the rust . Understand that lta inspection will be an issue too . See you on 18th . Cheers !

Just to add on, I have just passed my LTA inspection with the welded tips too. cheers!

quote form the MOD KINGS In this forum :" scare dun MOD, want to MOD dun scare" :becky:

Guest actioneer

6008 wrote:

Ahh bro LTA should pass if just welded. My last Cefiro passed with welded tips. Merc they even more chin chye. However the bumper opening shape is gonna be different, the cut-out hole may not be as "factory"/nice as the oval one.... eg the oval cut-out now may have a slight bend back and sprayed, looks original and nice. The welder cut out will be unpainted + more raw looking... See u on 18th too.

Guest actioneer

blackknight wrote:

Just to add on, I have just passed my LTA inspection with the welded tips too. cheers!

quote form the MOD KINGS In this forum :" scare dun MOD, want to MOD dun scare" :becky:

Great to hear that :becky: And this " scare dun MOD, want to MOD dun scare" I really agree! :becky: bro u coming for the La Kopi? Will be great to meet up. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...