• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Extended Warranty (2 years) from C&C

sharppoint

I had CnC to do a full check one month before my warranty expired. 

They need some major replacement. Ride was in the workshop for a week. 

My main and aux batteries died on me after the 3rd year. Front wheel bearing on the 4th year. 

I guess for peace of mind. Good to have another 2 years of warranty but if you hardly drive. Perhaps don't bother. 

After the warranty. Normal servicing is cheap outside. 

On 9/29/2018 at 0:30 PM, sharppoint said:

Was offered to take up extended warranty for my C180 at slightly below $2400 for 2 years after my 3rd year (mileage slightly above 45k at 3 years)

Is this worth it?

It worth it cause anything that was done at C&C easily above 2.4k

• 3 months later...
On 10/1/2018 at 7:49 PM, Angchug said:

My main and aux batteries died on me after the 3rd year. Front wheel bearing on the 4th year. 

I guess for peace of mind. Good to have another 2 years of warranty but if you hardly drive. Perhaps don't bother. 

it's a standard service to do full check? how much they charge for that?

• 2 months later...
On 29/09/2018 at 0:30 PM, sharppoint said:

Was offered to take up extended warranty for my C180 at slightly below $2400 for 2 years after my 3rd year (mileage slightly above 45k at 3 years)

Is this worth it?

I was also offered the extended warranty. Still thinking. Mileage at 23k for 32 months old w205.

On 10/1/2018 at 7:49 PM, Angchug said:

The auto start-stop for my ride has stopped functioning, is that due to the main and/or aux battery? But are these batteries covered under factory warranty too? I am also going for my last servicing soon before the 3 yr mark.

17 hours ago, Babolat said:

The auto start-stop for my ride has stopped functioning, is that due to the main and/or aux battery? But are these batteries covered under factory warranty too? I am also going for my last servicing soon before the 3 yr mark.

Likely main battery if used for more than 2 years. Battery is under wear and tear unless ur fail before 1 year usage. Can use service credit to change. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...