• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Map Pilot for W205

SQ88

I know this topic has been discussed many times before. 

I opted to not get the Map Pilot from C&C when buying my car because they wanted $2000 for it. Was quite content to use my phone for GPS until I chanced upon a thread on MBWorld. https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class-x253/651040-navigation-card-audio-20-a.html

Apparently you can just buy the SD card off Ebay (US$150 for South East Asia map) and stick it into the SD card slot as long as the car says "no SD card inserted" when you press on the Nav button? 

Is anyone willing to lend me their SD card to test on my car before I buy or are SD cards tagged to one car only?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2018 at 2:41 PM, gonegolf said:

Once used, the card is tagged to car and cannot use in another car

Thanks so much for letting me know. 

On 4/9/2018 at 2:12 PM, MapleeLeaf said:

Can this work with W205?  

Manufacturer Part Number:    A 218 906 66 02    Compatible Brand:    Audio 20 CD Navi system

https://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Mercedes-South-East-Asia-V4-SD-Card-Garmin-Map-Pilot-Malaysia-Singapore-Vietnam/253519071879?hash=item3b06ea0a87:g:uqIAAOSwD29Z5MqZ

Get the V5 version. I didn't get from this seller because his Paypal was not working but I think it should work with the car. I got from another seller online (can PM me for details) at $400 inclusive of shipping. It's more expensive than the eBay option but I received the latest 2018 V6.0 SouthEast Asia maps from him. Works great in my car and looks similar to the map in Widescreen W213. 

Only thing is that it's not as user friendly as I hoped. When searching from address, you need to input "Town" first before house number and then street name or use postal code to search. 

Those interested in purchasing an SD card for Navigation can use this website ensure that your car has been pre-configured for Garmin Map Pilot. http://carinfo.kiev.ua/cars/vin/mercedes/vin_check

Input your Chassis Number into the search field and ensure that the following has been optioned before purchasing the SD card. 

270 GPS Antenna

355 Preinstallation for Navigation Retrofitting

522 Audio 20 Radio Navigation Capable NTG5

Also ensure that your centre storage compartment has an SD card slot (on the left of the USB slot). 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 4/18/2018 at 3:00 PM, SQ88 said:

Those interested in purchasing an SD card for Navigation can use this website ensure that your car has been pre-configured for Garmin Map Pilot. http://carinfo.kiev.ua/cars/vin/mercedes/vin_check

Input your Chassis Number into the search field and ensure that the following has been optioned before purchasing the SD card. 

270 GPS Antenna

355 Preinstallation for Navigation Retrofitting

Also ensure that your centre storage compartment has an SD card slot (on the left of the USB slot). 

i only got 1 line is it possible to buy the SD card?

On 11/2/2018 at 3:29 AM, Jensen Teo said:

i only got 1 line is it possible to buy the SD card?

I got mine at below $500 in Singapore.  Original Merc Garmin SD; can activate.

Test:  Press the "Navi" button on your dashboard.  If it says something like SD Card missing, it means your car is GPS-ready.

• 1 month later...
On 11/4/2018 at 10:00 PM, MapleLeaf said:

I got mine at below $500 in Singapore.  Original Merc Garmin SD; can activate.

Test:  Press the "Navi" button on your dashboard.  If it says something like SD Card missing, it means your car is GPS-ready.

What if i pressed the Navi button and it says nothing..... how can I get the navigation function working?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/19/2019 at 7:02 PM, EHHC said:

Hi, 

Do share with me as well. My car is the FL W205 C180. Currently the Navi button does not seems to be functional.

I guess you can open up and check your glove box. If there's no slot for you to insert the GPS SD card; means GPS function is not supported.

5 hours ago, EHHC said:

I do see the SD Card slot. It can play music files, but when I insert the Map SD Card in it, nothing happens.

Is your the FL C class? The button is not responding to your pressed . You need to buy the lastest 2018/2019 map pilot. Is for wide screen. Once inserted, it upgrade the system and will work perfectly.

On 6/21/2019 at 8:59 PM, wheelslover said:

Is your the FL C class? The button is not responding to your pressed . You need to buy the lastest 2018/2019 map pilot. Is for wide screen. Once inserted, it upgrade the system and will work perfectly.

Yes, mine is the new FL C class. Do you happen to know the part number for the latest 2018/2019 map? The vendor has sent 2 different map versions to me but they were are not recognized. 

On 6/21/2019 at 4:31 PM, darksaint said:

You may want to check if your ride head unit support it

https://www.datamb.com/

I'm using https://www.mbdecoder.com/ to check.

It says that, my car is equipped with:

270    Aerial For GPS

3U1    Head Unit ECE/ROW

506    Audio 20 GPS

859    20.3 Cm (8-Inch) TFT Display

So, can I assume that it supports Navigation?

W