• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W205 boot and side mirror folding

Omgamg

Should the boot closing and side mirrors folding be one smooth motion or a little choppy?

For boot, I noticed it pauses a short while (maybe a third of a second) in the middle then continue to open. Is this normal?

For side mirror, the folding is a bit jagged compared to my old Mazda. Is it normal?

Warranty up soon wondering if I should bring it to cnc 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Omgamg said:

Should the boot closing and side mirrors folding be one smooth motion or a little choppy?

For boot, I noticed it pauses a short while (maybe a third of a second) in the middle then continue to open. Is this normal?

For side mirror, the folding is a bit jagged compared to my old Mazda. Is it normal?

Warranty up soon wondering if I should bring it to cnc 

Don’t encounter this for both the boot and side mirrors closing. 

My boot closing n opening was abit jerky and got worst till it stop halfway.

i took a torchlight n shine into the motor n found the boot cushion is on its way, pull the cushion back to position n all was ok. 

The boot close button is not sensitive since day01. Anyone?

1 hour ago, schoz said:

i took a torchlight n shine into the motor n found the boot cushion is on its way, pull the cushion back to position n all was ok. 

Yup. Sometimes have to press harder or longer for the boot close to work.

Wonder if due to the sensors as well when feet too near. 

What I meant is that the boot will open half way, pause for a very short while (a third of a second) then continue opening. I suspect it's due to the fact that you can set the boot to open half way so the motion is stepped if that make sense. Need Bros who have w205 from cnc to verify. 

14 hours ago, schoz said:

Seldom use the button but for both open and close u need to hold the button, not just press. 

3 hours ago, Omgamg said:

What I meant is that the boot will open half way, pause for a very short while (a third of a second) then continue opening. I suspect it's due to the fact that you can set the boot to open half way so the motion is stepped if that make sense. Need Bros who have w205 from cnc to verify. 

Yes if we look at it intently. Is not smooth.  is c&c unit

12 hours ago, Omgamg said:

Mine is the same from day 1 from CnC.