• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

GLC SUV H&R Wheel Spacers Installation

VRAtenza

After changing to the rear flared fenders, realised that my rear wheels are too "tucked" in to be aesthetically pleasing. I like the non-staggered 19" AMG rims with the RFT from factory, which is a good compromise between comfort, handling and aesthetics. 

So, decided to add spacers to push out the rear wheels after much research on the effects on the suspension and  handling. Did a comparision on the specs of the factory options 19", 20",21" and came to conclusion that I can push the rear wheels out by 20 to 30mm without differing too much from the bigger staggered options rims. 

Someone asked me why not just pay a small amount to a tire/wheels shop to get it done? Why go through all these hassle? 

Well, for one, for proper installation, we need to apply anti-seize on the right surface, torque the bolts till factory specs and after driving around for 150km or so, we need to remove the wheels and retorque all the bolts again just to make sure they are secured. I don't think any of the workshop will take as much effort to do the above properly. 

As with all diy projects, the sweat and aching arms and back is all well worth it once you are done and took a step back. 

So here you go, the installation pictorial. 

20170826_180258-picsay.thumb.jpg.8a4e479d63cafe86f667d2833cb375bd.jpg

https://youtu.be/SdXI4eh43TA

As mentioned in the other thread, the secondary goal of the spacers installation is achieved with the increased lateral and cornering stability. I can go round curves, sweepers and bends at higher speed than before. Definitely more sure footed than the stock standard track width. 

20170830_084252-picsay.thumb.jpg.d6bb7719bf33ccdc6a151b457085636d.jpg

20170828_193358-picsayX.thumb.jpg.41f6fb21770fb2b493aa9d56c459c5f2.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, iantan said:

Hello bro, any issues with the spacers, wheel setup, etc?

Possible to share where to purchase the H&R spacers?

thanks in advance!

No issues with the spacers and wheels set up. In fact, I kept the spacers when I upgraded to 20" staggered rims to bring the rear wheels even more flushed with the widened fenders. 

H&R spacers can be bought from ebay. Look for seller from Germany. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...