Jump to content
  • Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

    Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

    SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

    Alternatively, join our TELEGRAM Group Chat today at https://t.me/sgmerc!

GLC SUV Rear Flared Fenders Installation Instructions.


VRAtenza

Recommended Posts

Had always wanted the flared rear fenders look and finally got hold of the parts numbers to order it via  MB parts stockist

Wanted to install it myself so decided to research into how to do it. There are no instructions available online specific for the GLC. 

Took me some effort to get hold of 2017 Mercedes-Benz WIS, referenced the instructions and the actual new fender trim I was replacing for locations of the tabs and clips. 

Tried the replacement and completed the project within 60mins as I wanted to be as careful as possible so as to not break any tabs. Took some pictures of the process and made into a pictorial instructional video. 

Hope those looking to swap out your rear fender trims find this useful!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Johs said:

Bro, good job!

wat is the damage?

your tire size 19"?

Thanks!

About SGD250 w/gst for a set of the replacement fenders, one T-shirt of sweat and 1hr of my time. 

Yes, 19" non-staggered. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, VRAtenza said:

Thanks!

About SGD250 w/gst for a set of the replacement fenders, one T-shirt of sweat and 1hr of my time. 

Yes, 19" non-staggered. 

Bro, what is the p/n?

any idea is the front fender available?...the Glc c63 model is diff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Johs said:

Bro, what is the p/n?

any idea is the front fender available?...the Glc c63 model is diff

20170701_093153-picsay.thumb.jpg.518b6a490ffd6cb984918b71a8d97a11.jpg

For the front I don't have the information and also because GLC43 front is the same as the bread and butter GLC like mine. 

One issue with the flared fenders is that you will have to push out your wheels to make them fill the extended arches better. I am doing something for the rear.  

I compared GLC43 factory AMG 19/ 20 inch staggered rims and I know the rear will have about 30mm of allowance for you to push out the wheels and still fall within what the vehicle is designed for. 

For the front, if you put in a flared fender too, you will need to do the same or it looks weird. There lies in the problem. If you mess with the track width of the front, your handling amd steering gets messed up really quickly unless you know exactly how much and what to alter. Some keywords are camber, scrub radius etc

For the rear, since is non steering, the effect is minimal even if you extend the tracts up to a certain limit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thks for the info...

So u intend to add on a spacer...than u shld check with a reliable Tyre shop for the correct thickness of the spacer. Unless u change your rim to the c43 spec. 

My rim spec is 8j x 19 ET32 

if my info is correct, factory spec for 19" is 8j x 19 ET38 ( for glc 250 SUV)

hence my rear setup is already quite flush with the tire fender...is 6mm diff ( negative offset)

What is your rim spec?

 

IMG_2619.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Johs said:

Thks for the info...

So u intend to add on a spacer...than u shld check with a reliable Tyre shop for the correct thickness of the spacer. Unless u change your rim to the c43 spec. 

My rim spec is 8j x 19 ET32 

if my info is correct, factory spec for 19" is 8j x 19 ET38 ( for glc 250 SUV)

hence my rear setup is already quite flush with the tire fender...is 6mm diff ( negative offset)

What is your rim spec?

 

IMG_2619.PNG

Yes, mine is the factory 19" AMG non-staggered 8j with ET38. 

The GLC Coupe rear is flared fender (same as GLC 43), the 19" AMG rear specs is 8.5j ET20. Front is the same as my non-staggered. 

2017glc_wheel_data_b6b82bd51fd62fac7173d142dce502f7123c40bc.png.b523d38cdd3cdcde09a7eec01b4edd34.png

I already got a set of H&R DRA system 25mm shipped in ready to install.

Your existing rim should be very flush with the stock fenders. But if you have flared fenders installed, there will be an extra 25-30mm of arch to fill. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Johs said:

Bro, from the chart stk rim size for c43 on 19" is 9 x ET20. Is tis setup ok for the fender? Does it look awful on it?

my ride size is 8 x ET 32, is less than 1mm diff only wrt the mounting hub. 

You see Mysticryan's GLC coupe pics. His rear is the 19" ET20 rims. His coupe comes standard with flared fenders

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Johs said:

Bro, from the chart stk rim size for c43 on 19" is 9 x ET20. Is tis setup ok for the fender? Does it look awful on it?

my ride size is 8 x ET 32, is less than 1mm diff only wrt the mounting hub. 

Hi sorry, just noticed an error I had quoted. The GLC coupe's rear is 9x ET20 (not 8.5 that I had written previous post). So essentially GLC Coupe's staggered 19" are the same as the GLC 43's 19".

Using that as a reference, you can have a visual gauge on how the set of rims will look like with rear fender flare. 

For me i could have gone for 30mm spacers but I prefer to keep it conservative with 25mm to try it out. In the future I might change to a set of staggered 19" if i can find in the used market. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 16/07/2017 at 10:46 PM, mysticryan said:

Bro VRAtenza. Very well done DIY. looks nice... when u push out the rims... will look fierce!

Thanks!

Waiting for my mercedes jack point adaptor and scissors jack I ordered to arrive before my DIY to install the 25mm H&R spacers. Will post up another DIY for spacer installation when it is done.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 04/07/2017 at 0:53 AM, VRAtenza said:

Had always wanted the flared rear fenders look and finally got hold of the parts numbers to order it via  MB parts stockist

Wanted to install it myself so decided to research into how to do it. There are no instructions available online specific for the GLC. 

Took me some effort to get hold of 2017 Mercedes-Benz WIS, referenced the instructions and the actual new fender trim I was replacing for locations of the tabs and clips. 

Tried the replacement and completed the project within 60mins as I wanted to be as careful as possible so as to not break any tabs. Took some pictures of the process and made into a pictorial instructional video. 

Hope those looking to swap out your rear fender trims find this useful!

Bro i am considering to add the flared fender too. Your post is a life saver. May I know which stockist you ordered from? Is yours Coupe or wagon? I am also looking for the diamond grill with 3D star logo. See attached photo. Anyone knows where to get?

IMG_6992.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dcky75 said:

Bro i am considering to add the flared fender too. Your post is a life saver. May I know which stockist you ordered from? Is yours Coupe or wagon? I am also looking for the diamond grill with 3D star logo. See attached photo. Anyone knows where to get?

IMG_6992.PNG

GALLOP AUTOMOTIVE PTE LTD
3 Pemimpin Drive #02-05 
Lip Hing Industrial Building 
Singapore 576147

Tel: +65 62587203 / 62587204
Fax: +65 62587395

Email: [email protected]

Web: www.gallopauto.com

 

I ordered from them because they can do bank transfer payment without me needing to make a trip down just to order. 

 

20170709_133512-picsay.thumb.jpg.62cbbc9233f24ca285626a74b669742f.jpg

Mine is wagon. My front grille is from taobao which I DIY swapped too.

 You can find it at Benzline also. Diffferent pricing though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Dcky75 said:

Bro how is the quality from Taobao? I saw a few supplier but dare not try. Don't know if the fitting good a not. Need to remove front bumper to install the grill? 

Pretty good. Direct fit.

No need to remove bumper but removal of the original grill took a bit of effort due to stiff clips. 

If you dun have appetite for risk, better to get original from benzline and let them do the installation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VRAtenza said:

Pretty good. Direct fit.

No need to remove bumper but removal of the original grill took a bit of effort due to stiff clips. 

If you dun have appetite for risk, better to get original from benzline and let them do the installation. 

 

2 hours ago, VRAtenza said:

GALLOP AUTOMOTIVE PTE LTD
3 Pemimpin Drive #02-05 
Lip Hing Industrial Building 
Singapore 576147

Tel: +65 62587203 / 62587204
Fax: +65 62587395

Email: [email protected]

Web: www.gallopauto.com

 

I ordered from them because they can do bank transfer payment without me needing to make a trip down just to order. 

 

20170709_133512-picsay.thumb.jpg.62cbbc9233f24ca285626a74b669742f.jpg

Mine is wagon. My front grille is from taobao which I DIY swapped too.

 You can find it at Benzline also. Diffferent pricing though. 

Brilliant Blue also very chio!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, VRAtenza said:

Pretty good. Direct fit.

No need to remove bumper but removal of the original grill took a bit of effort due to stiff clips. 

If you dun have appetite for risk, better to get original from benzline and let them do the installation. 

I did enquire with Benzline. They don't bring in the mirror finish 3D logo. Got to use back the stock star. I already have an installer. You mind to share the Taobao supplier? I am also checking out from a supplier from U.K.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Dcky75 said:

I did enquire with Benzline. They don't bring in the mirror finish 3D logo. Got to use back the stock star. I already have an installer. You mind to share the Taobao supplier? I am also checking out from a supplier from U.K.  

Later I PM you the link to the TB seller. My 3D logo is FOC throw in for the grille purchase.

If you want all original parts, can get the stockist to quote you for GLC AMG43 SUV Diamond grille and the mirror finish logo (used for cars with distronic plus as the radar is right behind the logo, thus the mirror finish plastic piece is required in order not to hinder the function).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VRAtenza said:

Later I PM you the link to the TB seller. My 3D logo is FOC throw in for the grille purchase.

If you want all original parts, can get the stockist to quote you for GLC AMG43 SUV Diamond grille and the mirror finish logo (used for cars with distronic plus as the radar is right behind the logo, thus the mirror finish plastic piece is required in order not to hinder the function).

 

Thx mate. The mirror finish looks original? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dcky75 said:

Thx mate. The mirror finish looks original? 

Erm, have not seen the original mirror finish before, but this one is pretty well made. Good for my standard, or else I would have used the original non-mirror star logo instead. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • By Cherios
      XiaoYing_Video_1604343783535.mp4 VID_506581117_122142_757.mp4 XiaoYing_Video_1604343783535.mp4 VID_506581117_122142_757.mp4 Merc C200 Contvertible, the car you see on the roads and if you know, you will say it in your heart or just shout out, "@teojimmy !" Followed by taking out ya phone snap a photo and put in groupchats, caption: "Spotted!" 😅 Haha, yes a car you can not miss. A fully wrapped design inspired by the Movie, Fast and Furious. Uh-hum... how to miss? So with limited time, limited videoing experience & editing... His exhaust sounded so sexy, I have to record, it is stalk and is Kufatec. You can change modes of sounds! Was too rush, otherwise the sound will be better heard in a confined area! Nice still, just on your speaker louder. Lol! A quickie done, presenting The Merc C200 Convertible. Thank you bro, @teojimmy for giving us your support. Hope you like our service and we should catch up together! With @_joeybe ! Take care for now and send some kisses to the twins. 😘

    • By Petrus_K
      Hi,
      Have anyone purchased/installed the storage box at the door handle ?
      I'm looking for it for my GLC.  Most online store only sell Left-Hand drive cars.
      Thanks in advance for any advise
       

    • By Wes07
      Mercedes C Class W205 / A205 / C205 & GLC X253 / C253 Bosch Aerotwin Wiper Blades PAIR 550mm & 550mm (22" & 22") Cash & Carry for $50. Cheapest seller in singapore for C Class W205 / A205 / C205 & GLC X253 / C253 Bosch Wiper. New stock. Feel free to whatsapp me at 96566659.
       
       


       
       
       

    • By awboonboon
      Dear All
      Selling a set of 4 trims/fins for Lower Front Bumper.
      BNIB, with 2 rolls of 3M tape Gloss Piano Black Fits AMG Line W205 / C205 , pre-facelift (2015-2018) (AMG Line only) kena a yellow card by the partner (gotta suspend my mods until yellow card lifted), hence selling at cost: $60. Shops selling at $100 and above.
      WA/SMS me at 8100 4700. Low-ballers, tyre-kickers steer clear.
       




×
×
  • Create New...