• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W211 - Bouncing Door Lock

iMac

4 hours ago, wstham said:

Hi,

I just got mine (driver side) fix few weeks ago. C&C replaced the faulty door handle.

Hi Wstham, can advise how much C&C charge for the replacement ? My ride is already out-of-warranty...

2006 W211 MERCEDES E200NGT

5 hours ago, iMac said:

Hi Wstham, can advise how much C&C charge for the replacement ? My ride is already out-of-warranty...

Hi iMac,

My car was still under warranty when they replaced the door handle. Maybe you can check with Elebest if they can fix it at lower cost.

I suggest you try to lock your car from other side (driver side) of the faulty door to confirm you have the same problem as mine. If the lock is not bounced, most likely same problem.

Hope you get it solve soon 😀

• 3 months later...

Like to report that the following problems had been solved.

Took out the door panel today and investigate the bouncing door lock issues.

Can immediately see the rubber dust-cover once I flipped open the sound-proof material.

The rubber dust-cover is crumpled into a ball shape due to friction with the locking rod.

Run down to my neighbour hardware shop and purchase a $2 small bottle of red-color grease.

Removed the dust-cover and apply a generous portion of grease into it, and then rubbed some on the locking-rod.

Fixed everything back....cross my fingers...and VIOLA....no more bouncing lock when open or close door.

Will carry-on to monitor progress on my $2 solution...

** Last week, went to workshop...uncle said my door lock cost about $400 to repair. (Parts: $250, Labour:$150)

W211 Door Actuator.jpg

• Like 2

Bro, normal grease will deteriorate the rubber dust cover and make them filmy after some time.

Use silicon grease. They are just as cheap and available from the usual hardware store (usually used by plumber).

2 hours ago, tanwill said:

Bro, normal grease will deteriorate the rubber dust cover and make them filmy after some time.

Use silicon grease. They are just as cheap and available from the usual hardware store (usually used by plumber).

Thanks for the reminder.

I was actually looking for the silicon grease, but unable to find any in my neighbour hardware shop.

So I settle with the normal grease. 

Going to clean out the normal grease once I get the silicon type.

Opening the door panel is quite an easy task for me now...hehehe....:jig:

17 minutes ago, iMac said:

Thanks for the reminder.

I was actually looking for the silicon grease, but unable to find any in my neighbour hardware shop.

So I settle with the normal grease. 

Going to clean out the normal grease once I get the silicon type.

Opening the door panel is quite an easy task for me now...hehehe....:jig:

Very impressive work bro, hope you can post some pics.. 

As requested...here are some more pictures of greasing work done.

**I will skipped the part on how to remove the door panel, you can see that from other youtube source.

1.  $8 Silicon Grease from Dive-Shop.

20170304_165919.jpg

2.  Remove door panel. (pls watch from youtube on door panel removal)

Unscrew Plastic knob from locking-rod.

20170304_170455.jpg

3.  Slowly remove soundproofing material to see the locking actuator.

20170304_170622.jpg

4.  Close up view of the rubber dust-cover and locking-rod. (can see the "normal grease" I applied last week) 

20170304_170632.jpg

5.  Remove and clean the rubber dust-cover and re-applied silicon grease inside.

20170304_171443.jpg

6.  Applied silicon grease to the locking-rod...fixed back everything...it's done.

20170304_171641.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2017 at 9:52 AM, rx7effini said:

Well Done Bro 👍👍👍

Bro your remedy should've come much earlier, I've change my front passenger bouncing door lock assembly to a brand new one last year 😓

Thanks...I always like to give help back since i've gotten great help here as a newbie 1 year ago. :jig:

• Like 1