• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New W246 owners signing in :)

petetherock

FYI in car anyone is looking for a car mat:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00CC6TNU8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF

Lowest price I have seen, and it ships to SG. I got mine from Amazon UK (doesn't ship to SG).

Borsch wipers are also cheap on Amazon de. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, petetherock said:

Bros

Does your car come with a portable tire pump?

Any accessories in the boot apart from the crate ? Thanks 

mine has runflats and TPMS, so i guess no portable tire pump

there is also a first aid kit, and where a foldable emergency triangle where the spare tire is supposed to be

i can't remember what else is in the spare tyre wheel wheel

drove into JB yesterday, the park hold feature is really very useful.... now legs don't cramp from pressing the brake too much

• Like 1

no issues, in start stop traffic. but turned off the eco mode so that the aircon doesn't blow hot air during such a hot day

park-assist only works in very ideal conditions which my SE highlighted - after reading manual i am still confused. apparently it checks only for lots at the passenger side by default unless you explicitly signal on the driver side. it also only works for single car park lots and not in situations where there are two empty lots beside each other

• Like 1

On 11/29/2016 at 1:27 PM, Silverkris said:

That is the back support button. You can actually customized how hard you want your seat to be to support your back. It will not be obvious when you are not seating down. But you can try out while fully seated down with back on the seat and pressing the various directions of the round button. I finally found a setting to my liking.

Note: Mercedes seats are unlike Japanese / Koreans. They are not designed to be very soft like sofa. They are designed to offer good support so that the back will not feel tired after a long drive.

Thanks~ :)

• 4 weeks later...

Had the car for 2 months now. Some complains as follows:

1.  The paint work is really thin. Some idiot just knock my car door, and the paint got chip off, exposing the metal. Another time, I reverse too much to the back, and open the boot, and it kind of hit and rub against the wall, and the paint on the top of the bumper where the third brake light is got chip off too. Got to go and buy touch up paint from C&C to cover up. I asked C&C why the nanoshield they apply did not help to prevent paint chip, and they said it is not suppose to. The nanoshield PPS only help in the ease of washing car from bird shit and dirt. Wonder should I go and apply those PPS outside which offer 9H hardness, any advice?

2. Fuel consumption also sucks. Based on the LTA test label, it is suppose to able to achieve 5.7L/100KM, but I am only able to clock 9.3L/100KM. This is way off the scale despite driving in the ECO mode most of the time. Wonder If the car engine got problem or not?

3. Road noise is terrible, especially if u are driving on the CTE, PIE and AYE. On KPE, it is so quiet.

11 hours ago, Loo CW said:

Has anyone ever tried to modify the car to enable rear aircon vent.  It's a pity the local versions from C&C

doesn't bring in that version.

That's a pretty big job... not something you wanna do without voiding warranties and spending $$$... 

9 hours ago, petetherock said:

FC is surprisingly low eh..

Did you have to ask the rep or can you buy touch up from the workshop ?

Re PPS

might be easier to paint in one or two years ..

Yup, FC sucks. Worst than my previous japanese 2L ride. Not aure about other owners.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 0:00 PM, cheesebun said:

Had the car for 2 months now. Some complains as follows:

1.  The paint work is really thin. Some idiot just knock my car door, and the paint got chip off, exposing the metal. Another time, I reverse too much to the back, and open the boot, and it kind of hit and rub against the wall, and the paint on the top of the bumper where the third brake light is got chip off too. Got to go and buy touch up paint from C&C to cover up. I asked C&C why the nanoshield they apply did not help to prevent paint chip, and they said it is not suppose to. The nanoshield PPS only help in the ease of washing car from bird shit and dirt. Wonder should I go and apply those PPS outside which offer 9H hardness, any advice?

2. Fuel consumption also sucks. Based on the LTA test label, it is suppose to able to achieve 5.7L/100KM, but I am only able to clock 9.3L/100KM. This is way off the scale despite driving in the ECO mode most of the time. Wonder If the car engine got problem or not?

3. Road noise is terrible, especially if u are driving on the CTE, PIE and AYE. On KPE, it is so quiet.

Hi

My suggestion for you is as below:

1. The original paint is not thin, it is multi-coated in fact. But the top layer is easily wearing off. My side skirt wears off from exposing in the rain! I complained to CnC and they said that the factory has done a fairly poor job but they rectified by spraying another new side skirt and when ready, get me to drive my car into the workshop and replaced one to one in 30 mins time.

2. It is not about the mode. It is about the traffic. I travel on NSE using sports and I am still getting about 6L/100Km, The system will count when you stop the car to wait too, so you better count using the manual method of topping up of fuel then divide by distance travelled. In Singapore, I get about 8.5 - 9L / 100Km mainly from start stop traffic, which is still not bad for a car this heavy.

3. My advice: Get rid of the tyres and changed to quiet tyres. I am using Primacy 3. It is still not as quiet as a Lexus or Camry, but it does help very much.

Hoping you can enjoy your new car.

8 hours ago, petetherock said:

Bros

how thick is the steering wheel side arm?

I am talking about the right and left arms of the wheel itself. 

Need to estimate to buy a steering wheel lock from Raslock. 

Thanks 

Got a bro to help - it's about 60mm..

There's an offer on right now for Raslocks at Autobacs..