• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Dynamic Select drive modes

daimlerfan

Hi,

Is it a normal behaviour that when you start your vehicle in the morning, the drive mode always start at "Comfort" as default. Even when you were driving in other drive modes the night before?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Cheers.

Yes it is. Every time you start your engine, it'll go back to the softest mode, C (comfort) or E (Economical).

as always, thanks for the input guys. I noticed that this happens when the car is parked overnight or for a long period of time (like several hours).

If it is just an hour or two, it will stick to the configured mode (i.e starting engine again after NTUC shopping or starting engine again after refuelling, etc etc)

Anyway, assuring to know that this switching back to "Comfort" mode is a norm. 

Cheers

Yes is normal.

- Always defaulted to Comfort mode when restart engine after Parking over long period (dunnoe how many hours,maybe 3-4hrs) such a overnight.

-Always retained the last mode when restart engine after parking just a short while.(maybe less than 3-4 hours)

B class facelift model.

• Like 1

Does the B class now comes with dynamic dampers? or only the gear ratios changes only?

Else I don't see why there is differences between COMFORT and ECONOMICAL modes???

No and according to the manual, Comfort mode is designed for a balance of "comfort and to "optimising" fuel consumption. ECO on the other hand is designed to achieve "lowest" possible fuel consumption.

Nothing mentioned on the suspension. Only stated that it works with AIRMATIC, which the B class does not have this feature.  :thumbsd:

The FL b class dynamic select only alters the gear changes, no suspension changes.

A. Ecomony mode. Gear changes whenever hit 2000rpm.

B. Comfort mode. Gear changes at higher 2500-3000 rpm.

C. Sports mode. I think changes at 5000rpm. Not sure as only use it once a blue moon when getting bored.

Does the B class now comes with dynamic dampers? or only the gear ratios changes only?

Else I don't see why there is differences between COMFORT and ECONOMICAL modes???

You will need to request for dynamic dampers to be added to your build. Daimler have this option since Aug 2015.

• Like 1

Dynamic suspension will probably only be useful and necessary in speeds in excess of 200km/h.

I beg to differ. If you have someone in your family prone to motion sickness, but yet you like occasional sporty drives, then this will come useful even on our roads.

• 4 months later...

Ask u all, whenever i use comfort, gear changes at around 2500-3000, the engine quite loud..

I prefer the gear to change at below 2000, not so noisy...

What is the difference between changing gear at higher RPMs (noisy, comfort) and lower RPMs (less noisy, Eco)?

I dun really feel any difference between comfort and eco but the sound level is noticeable.

2 hours ago, divads said:

Ask u all, whenever i use comfort, gear changes at around 2500-3000, the engine quite loud..

I prefer the gear to change at below 2000, not so noisy...

What is the difference between changing gear at higher RPMs (noisy, comfort) and lower RPMs (less noisy, Eco)?

I dun really feel any difference between comfort and eco but the sound level is noticeable.

RPMs (Revolution Per Minute) in very basic terms refers to the "power" of the car. Hence, higher RPMs gives you more power and at lower gears it is easier for the car to hit a higher RPM which gives you more torque (the "oomph" you feel when the car kicks you back into your seat).

Hence, the main difference between comfort and eco is that eco doesn't give you the power kick at lower gears and you might prefer it for cruising cause the RPMs are constant. However, for car enthusiast high RPMs at lower gears (Sports mode/Sports+ mode) give them the initial power kick which they so desire.

Overall, its really up to personal preference. Ohh and of course lower RPMs is more fuel efficient because your engine is not working as hard and less fuel burnt.

Hope my explanation not too chim and technical :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ACEGabz said:

RPMs (Revolution Per Minute) in very basic terms refers to the "power" of the car. Hence, higher RPMs gives you more power and at lower gears it is easier for the car to hit a higher RPM which gives you more torque (the "oomph" you feel when the car kicks you back into your seat).

Hence, the main difference between comfort and eco is that eco doesn't give you the power kick at lower gears and you might prefer it for cruising cause the RPMs are constant. However, for car enthusiast high RPMs at lower gears (Sports mode/Sports+ mode) give them the initial power kick which they so desire.

Overall, its really up to personal preference. Ohh and of course lower RPMs is more fuel efficient because your engine is not working as hard and less fuel burnt.

Hope my explanation not too chim and technical :) 

haha,.thanks.. but higher RPMs (sports mode) very noisy leh ...

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 9:46 PM, Loo CW said:

Does anyone know whether the slight older W246 2015 FL B-class can be re-programed to have this Dynamic Select (E, C, S, M) option.

Presently, my W246 only have E, S, M option to select.

Current C(Comfort) mode = Last Time E(Econ) mode.

Current E mode on the new models are really meant to save fuel and I dun think anyone is willing to drive at that mode. Makes the car very very slow as it is always driving underpowered. Anyone driving in E mode for the newest FL cares to comment on this?

1 hour ago, Silverkris said:

Current C(Comfort) mode = Last Time E(Econ) mode.

Current E mode on the new models are really meant to save fuel and I dun think anyone is willing to drive at that mode. Makes the car very very slow as it is always driving underpowered. Anyone driving in E mode for the newest FL cares to comment on this?

Hi im driving a 2016 C180 coupe (C205), driving in Eco mode all the time. Power delivery is fine for overtaking but can be quite "sluggish" for cruising but you get use to it (like driving a jap car hahas :)). I average around 6.9L/km for highway driving on Comfort but can get up to 6.1L/km for Eco mode so i personally feel that its worth the trade off :) 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...