• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Actual FC of 2015 C180

J&E

hmm...i think my FC here is the best. I usually measure after every tank I pump, my best was 15km/l and worst was 12.88km/l. A typical full tank (I squeeze until max) can get me between 950km to 1010km. 

I choose my routes carefully and try to travel expressways with light traffic as best as I can. I don't rev a lot and I do use the paddle shifters to switch gear so that I don't rev too much. 

It all boils down to your driving style!

Wanna have good FC!

Drive as if your car as no brakes! :)

Each time you brake, you decelerate you slow down.

You step on the gas pedal to bring it up to speed again!

Best I can do is 4.9L/100km on my previous FLW204 in KPE

NPNT

20130807_1300101_zps0zqrhssj.jpg

>15km/L is achievable if you really try.

A typical reading but mostly on highways and some stops.

This readout below include traffic jam on the Woodlands causeway and helped by the Eco Start Stop.

I work in JB and drives about 80km per day.

This is about a 3 day journey - 5 hrs of driving/traffic jam over 228km

photo_zps02b155f9.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

believe la. make fun only..

u mention u pump till 68-69L...

ermm tank only 66L right?

haha no worries bro... i know you're just kidding too ^^

yes 66L is the documented capacity but i usually squeeze till the max at the petrol station right to the brim. 

it's possible, though I haven't pumped 70L at one go before even though I drive the car till the light is blinking. 

oh blinking? cool. if i'm nt wrong when it blinks it means u left less than 5litre in tank

Sincethis topic is on Fuel Mileage for C180. Would like to check that our C180 (W205) needs Grade 98 Petrol? My SE advised me to pump 98. Is this true?

its an advise... on the fuel door, it states min 95. so 95 is a possible, just treat it as a normal car which u previously own. no diff.

• 2 months later...

I pump till about 68 or 69L and travel between 950 to 1010km

My first tank yields ~10km/L Doesnt sound fantastic at all for a 1.6L car with 70% highway driving.

I am going to monitor more to be fair..

• 2 weeks later...

BIG suggestion: S$190k car, don't worry about fuel consumption

i agree with omgamg... u paid so much for a car... why bother about the fc :D

The price is paid up for both engineering and technology marvel of the product.. Especially when Mercedes claimed they had shedded weight of the w205 to improve both handling and efficiency of this car.

and why pump95? shud pump 98/vpower... the best or nothing. yay or nay?

I was on 98 all the way for my previous ride advised by the manufacturer because it is a turbo charged FSI engine. However, my sales person confirmed 95 is sufficient for the w205 even though it is turbocharged..

Btw I have taken 3 more readings and the average consumption is 12.6km per litre. Not too bad as the engine seemed to have run in.

actually... 95 will give you better mileage than 98.... then again... why worry about FC??? not like you are going to spend another tank a month extra.... 

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it might affect a bit for those with high mileage. If u just pump 1 or 2 tank a month, then it doesn't really affect. However, there are people who pump at least every once a wk or more, then it's a different thingy. Just a thought.