• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Spare Tyre after upsizing rims

Asuma

Yes the spare is usable. But not with BBK mods for the front.

just to add to BM's remarks ... incase the front puncture and is on bbk .. you can rotate the back to replace it and use the spare for the rear.

If you have bbk for front and back, you should then test fit your spare for front and back.

Just my 2 cents.

lz

• Like 1

Yes TS, tyres height or diameter does not change when you upsize or downsize the rims.

just to add to BM's remarks ... incase the front puncture and is on bbk .. you can rotate the back to replace it and use the spare for the rear.

If you have bbk for front and back, you should then test fit your spare for front and back.

Just my 2 cents.

lz

Just to add on as well, if running on staggered setup you cant just rotate the rear to the front

If on BBK and staggered, best to get tyre repair kit

I also want to add, if you only drive in silkypore. Dump the spare tyre at home.

If you on staggered setup, dump the spare at home too.

In short- dump the spare at home!!

I also want to add, if you only drive in silkypore. Dump the spare tyre at home.

If you on staggered setup, dump the spare at home too.

In short- dump the spare at home!!

Bro BM

The spare tyre doesn't work with staggered setup? 

• Like 1

Bro BM

The spare tyre doesn't work with staggered setup?

As in swap rear to front? Nope the offset etc

As in swap rear to front? Nope the offset etc

Oh.. sorry my England not so powderful.. I meant can we still use the spare tyre if running on staggered? So if rear kaput can use the spare and if front, can also use the spare still right? Or must use flatbed!?  :startle:

• Like 1

Oh.. sorry my England not so powderful.. I meant can we still use the spare tyre if running on staggered? So if rear kaput can use the spare and if front, can also use the spare still right? Or must use flatbed!?  :startle:

Yes. Original spare tyre can use for front and back regardless unless you have BBK.

The reason why staggered setup cannot be rotated from back to front (front to back ok) as the rear rim width will be more and offset will be less than the front one. Swapping the back to front may limit/impede the steering function of the car. 

Hope this can help you better.

:)

Yes Level Z england is power der ful. While googling for the right word like "impede" etc. Bang!! He gives the simple explanation!!

P/S : My england is cut and paste one!!