• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

How to play music with my iPad

The connector should be inside the arm rest center console, however, I am too sure about A class & also whether it can be played from ipad cos I am using ipod for my c class with the original cable supplied!

>>original cable supplied! 

I wonder if the B-class comes with it...

May I ask, are you able to control your ipod via the console?

thank you

Ya I plug in and it can detect my device, but unfortunately when I go to my music folder in my iPad to play songs no music out. Maybe I try to explore again... Thanks anyway!

Increase yr volume level way way up.

I can play songs in my iPhone via Bluetooth on my c class. I think should be the same for iPad.

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Ya I plug in and it can detect my device, but unfortunately when I go to my music folder in my iPad to play songs no music out. Maybe I try to explore again... Thanks anyway!

I not sure if iPad possible... from the website:

The optimised Media Interface, including the consumer cable kit, provides a solution for connecting portable media players in the centre console which cannot be connected via the standard USB mass storage device.This includes the iPod® und iPhone® as well as media players with Media Transfer Protocol (MTP), for example, from Creative, Philips, Sandisk, Samsung or Sony. The system makes it easy to read additional information such as track title, album, artist etc. (where available) on the vehicle's main display.

Once the portable media player has been connected, the following functions are available:

• All audio tracks can be played (DRM-protected tracks only off the iPod®)
  • Videos can played off the iPod® and iPhone®
  • Album selection using Cover Art (only in conjunction with COMAND Online)
  • The cover belonging to the track currently being played is displayed, if available
  • Artist, title and album name for the track currently playing are displayed (if available as an ID3 tag in the audio file) plus status of track
  • Selection from category lists
  • Random playback possible (title, medium mix)
  • Charging function
  • Last mode function: when car is started, the track starts at the same point it was at when turned off
  • Keyword search in the metadata of the connected device (only in conjunction with COMAND Online)
  • Voice-operated keyword search (only in conjunction with COMAND Online)
  • Skip forwards/backwards and fast forward/fast backwards functions

The other fast & easier way is to copy all your songs in a thumbdrive & plug in the usb port inside armrest console & it will also play via the media!

I use both cos sometimes I am lazy to sync my ipod via iTunes!

Tats precisely what i am doing. Was thinking of buying an ipod but since car can recognize thumg drive, i just use it..

May I ask:

I connected my iphone 4(spare) with the given cable play thru Playlist, control the song....etc.. perfectly well.

I notice it charges my iphone 4 during driving/playing, but when I stop/parked it still charging my iphone 4...

it is safe? &

I am concern it may drain the car battery...

am I over concern?

thank you.

May I ask:

I connected my iphone 4(spare) with the given cable play thru Playlist, control the song....etc.. perfectly well.

I notice it charges my iphone 4 during driving/playing, but when I stop/parked it still charging my iphone 4...

it is safe? &

am I over concern?

thank you.

the socket will still supply voltage even in parked mode to stay connected to the audio system.

doubt will have major harm to the car battery as not drawing power after engine is off.

maybe the battery life of the iphone4 will be shorten due to constant charging when engine on?

• Like 1

May I ask:

it is safe? &

am I over concern?

thank you.

After you shut the engine and locked your door....After few minutes (Less than 5 minutes), the batt circuit will cut off. Than it will NOT charge. At least this is what happens to my W212. As for W204...the circuit shuts immediately after i stop my engine and open my door. Either way it works fine for me thats why my ipod is permanently pluged into the media cables. hope this works for you.

• Like 1

the socket will still supply voltage even in parked mode to stay connected to the audio system.

doubt will have major harm to the car battery as not drawing power after engine is off.

maybe the battery life of the iphone4 will be shorten due to constant charging when engine on?

thank you for the info.

After you shut the engine and locked your door....After few minutes (Less than 5 minutes), the batt circuit will cut off. Than it will NOT charge. At least this is what happens to my W212. As for W204...the circuit shuts immediately after i stop my engine and open my door. Either way it works fine for me thats why my ipod is permanently pluged into the media cables. hope this works for you.

thank you for the info.

I will monitor if it "stop" charging after few minutes..